I'm trying to decide whether I should keep it or not. When I purchased it, I walked into the Verizon store intent on buying the Voyager. Being a Curve owner, I had to fool around with the Storm demo and instantly fell in love.

I'm having 2 issues with this phone however. One is more severe than the other yet they are both important to me.

First, the battery seems to last me about half a day! The first day I had it, I charged it overnight (about 8 hrs) and left the house for work at about 7am. I made 3 phone calls which were all under 3 mins, and I listened to about 5 songs on it. By 1pm I had 1 bar left and marched right into the Verizon store to find out if that was the norm. They exchanged my phone on the spot and gave me a brand new one. The following day, I had the same problem even with this brand new phone. I just dont get it. My Curve would go 3 days without a charge. Someone had mentioned to me that I need to turn my phone off when I'm in an area with no reception. I did spend the past 2 days in a dead zone so maybe that could have caused the battery drain? I never turned my curve off even in dead zones. Can anyone shed any light or offer any advice?

Second issue is the ringer. Its nowhere near as loud as the Curves. Is there some hidden master volume control or is it just the one that is shown when you change your ringer? Can anyone recommend a loud ringer that can be downloaded? I just need a regular ringtone, nothing fancy, just something I can hear when the phone is in the holster.

Thanks for your help guys. I love this phone and really want to stick with it. Just need to get over these 2 hiccups.
    01-11-09 03:41 PM
    If you are in a dead zone you phone will search for a signal which drains your battery if you have a chance try charging for about 12 hours. My battery has been very good to me. If you need a loud ringer check around online I am sure you can find a very good that is free. Welcome to CB by the way.
    01-11-09 03:46 PM
    One thing that will decrease the drain in dead zones is to set it to only use CDMA. That way, it is not looking for GSM as well as CDMA.
    01-11-09 03:48 PM
    Turning the brightness down helps also. Mine lasts around 2 days.
    01-11-09 03:52 PM
    With 3 phone calls all less than 3 min and listening to 5 songs every day??? Well, with this usage my storm battery would then last for 5 days or even more!

When I got my storm the first day, my battery lasted for half a day as well because I was playing with it all the time. Now after 2 weeks of regular use, I recharge my battery once every 3 days having OS .85. I must admit though that I have bluethooth switched to off, becaue not needed for me and besides it consumes a lot of energy from your battery.

You set the ringer loudness using the the speaker icon on your desktop. Press to open and scroll down to select standard values. Then press phonecalls and set your ringer loudness. Mine is set to 9 and can be easily heard when my strom is in the standard BB leather holster which came with my storm 9500.
    Last edited by DonTon; 01-11-09 at 04:10 PM.
    01-11-09 03:58 PM
    Thank You DonTon for the ringer info. Do you know if you can make the ring sound longer than a couple of times?
    01-14-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD