Hey guys,

I have been playing with my STORM for a few weeks now and have tried many different ways to get that even all around effortless click that sounds perfect too.

So...here is what I have concluded:

1. Place 3 strips of electric tape on top of each other and place it on the area right behind the click button. (basically in the middle of the screen horizontally in portrait mode).

2. Un-screw both adjustment screws 2-3 full turns till both screws are at or above the flush level. If you look at the screws eye level it should just stick out of the back. It is not all the way out and its going to take around 3 full turns each.

By doing this you will find a nice easy click that is even all around. It will also feel like a solid click with no crunching noise or feel.

I dont know if this will destroy the screen as the screws are unscrewed a lot...but I doubt it. The screen and the click feels better and more solid.

Also the red sticker over the right screw might not go back on flush as the screw is above flush level..but it should still stick fine.
    01-11-09 10:14 AM
    I just sent mine back, its replacement clicks great now, everywhere on the screen.
    01-11-09 04:34 PM
    I also have been through 3 storms and currently using the 4th which I got from the vzw store. And the phone so far clicks great. Just like the commercials. My advice return it till you're 100% happy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:39 PM
    I guess it's all about perspective...never thought I had any click issues and so just for grins I decided to stick a business card behind battery and sure it clicked a little better and evenly throughout the screen but didn't notice a difference in perfomance overall...my screen responds the same way with and without the business card so I took it out....I have never owned anything that performed perfectly....that is life...imperfectly perfect..it's a piece of equiptment constructed by imperfect people.
    01-11-09 04:45 PM
    I got my storm the first day it came out and I don't think my click on the screen is bad but after hearing about problems people have had im starting to wonder if it should be better. Maybe just lucky.
    01-11-09 04:47 PM
    Hey guys,

I have been playing with my STORM for a few weeks now and have tried many different ways to get that even all around effortless click that sounds perfect too.

1. Place 3 strips of electric tape on top of each other and place it on the area right behind the click button. (basically in the middle of the screen horizontally in portrait mode).

2. Un-screw both adjustment screws 2-3 full turns till both screws are at or above the flush level. If you look at the screws eye level it should just stick out of the back. It is not all the way out and its going to take around 3 full turns each.

By doing this you will find a nice easy click that is even all around. It will also feel like a solid click with no crunching noise or feel.

I dont know if this will destroy the screen as the screws are unscrewed a lot...but I doubt it. The screen and the click feels better and more solid.

Also the red sticker over the right screw might not go back on flush as the screw is above flush level..but it should still stick fine.

How about some pictures to document the position of the tape and show clearly which screws you 'adjusted'?
    01-11-09 04:52 PM
    My advice return it till you're 100% happy
    How long do i have to return it with verizon.. i got it the day it came out and this thing have sucked since day 1.
    01-11-09 04:55 PM
    How about some pictures to document the position of the tape and show clearly which screws you 'adjusted'?
    Take a look at -> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pic...hanism-125573/

Has pictures... (last picture and preceeding text)... The Torx screws are just above two of the indicated grounding points, the left one is visiable in the picture, the right is under the red/white moisture indicator.

I'm just using 2 strips of electrical tape. Torx screws were turned about 1/8 of a turn BEFORE I found out about the tape, and I just left them go, didn't tighten them after adding the tape.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 01-11-09 at 05:00 PM.
    01-11-09 04:57 PM
    How long do i have to return it with verizon.. i got it the day it came out and this thing have sucked since day 1.
    You have a 1yr warranty. Within 30days of purchase, VZW will usually replace with a new unit. After 30 days, VZW will exchange it with a FRU, if no FRU's available, they'll send you a new one.
    01-11-09 04:58 PM
    Yes...exactly as the picture in that post is shown (the last pic) and unscrew the 2 torx screws a couple or more turns till they are above flush level (just a bit) and you will have that perfect effortless click everywhere.

Im currently on my 3rd STORM and have found all 3 too have click issues. I dont think any of them come with the click I have made mine to have. It is really effortless and so even all around. It is a dream to use.

I found the stock click (out of box) to require a bit too much force then I would like. It should be effortless.

I plan to keep it like this till something breaks or till 6-8 months and go into for a new FRU...as im sure by then all the refurbs and FRUs will have a perfect click and screen etc.

Take a look at -> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pic...hanism-125573/

Has pictures... (last picture and preceeding text)... The Torx screws are just above two of the indicated grounding points, the left one is visiable in the picture, the right is under the red/white moisture indicator.

I'm just using 2 strips of electrical tape. Torx screws were turned about 1/8 of a turn BEFORE I found out about the tape, and I just left them go, didn't tighten them after adding the tape.
    01-11-09 08:51 PM
    This will fix the crunching issue?!?!?!?

01-11-09 08:55 PM
    FYI I have realized if you use a screen protector and don't apply it absolutly square on the screen, the overhang is what makes that "crunch" sound.. . not the click device itself. This is especially true on the devices with smaller gaps.
    01-11-09 09:01 PM
    No,I don't have a screen protector and mine makes crunching noises.

01-11-09 09:03 PM
    I also have been through 3 storms and currently using the 4th which I got from the vzw store. And the phone so far clicks great. Just like the commercials. My advice return it till you're 100% happy!

verizon is giving me alot of trouble trying to get a replacement! made me just give up. its not THAT bad i guess.... it would be nice if the phone would click the same everywhere on the screen though...
    01-11-09 09:15 PM
    Yes...the crunching noise will be gone...all you need to do is losen the 2 torx screws 2-3 full turns. Give it a try...if you dont like it...just set it back.

No,I don't have a screen protector and mine makes crunching noises.

01-11-09 09:21 PM
    verizon is giving me alot of trouble trying to get a replacement! made me just give up. its not THAT bad i guess.... it would be nice if the phone would click the same everywhere on the screen though...
    Give this mod a try...make sure you apply the electric tape to the right location and unscrew the 2 torx screws 2-3 full turns.
    01-11-09 09:23 PM
    dont make the mistake i made.

remember every time you replace a phone with issue thats easily fixable, you risk getting a unit with more serious issue such as dust under screen. This is a super easy fix, and if your phone has a good screen with good seal, its totally worth doing.
    01-11-09 10:33 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm not saying your wrong by any means but I did the Torx trick and only did about a half turn each counter-clockwise.
    01-12-09 03:52 AM
    mine clicks flawlessly with the screws as tight as can be with a piece of carbon fiber right in the middle of the battery cover. i also have a few shims around the battery to make everything feel more tight and secure.
    01-12-09 07:54 AM
    I'm not saying your wrong by any means but I did the Torx trick and only did about a half turn each counter-clockwise.
    This is what I heard too. Normally a half turn or 1 full turn will do the trick. No need for 3.
    03-21-09 11:10 PM
    Only took about a 1/4 turn for mine to fix a slight tightness in the corners.
    03-21-09 11:15 PM
    Pretty soon rim is going to start bundling phones with stuff to fx
    The click issues so they can say "use" when the customer calls on with click issues. Something like a thin sheet of plastic to stick in thebattery compartment
    In the box packed with the cd. Now all these posts have got me worried about the light visible around my screen. Sigh.

03-21-09 11:24 PM
    My screen was clicking fairly well but since I added these thin felt pads the click is awsome. here is a picture. These are placed directly over the SIM and media card areas. The door still closes fairly easy without a lot of force needed. I did not loosen the screws.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-22-09 at 12:59 AM.
    03-22-09 12:50 AM
    The first storm that i had made the little crunchy noise whenever i would click two certain corners. Unfortunately, that phone got ran over. The new storm that verizon sent me doesnt make any crunchy noise. Am i just lucky? Or after using it for a month will it begin to make that noise? what exactly is the crunchy noise?
    03-22-09 01:58 AM
    I just sent mine back, its replacement clicks great now, everywhere on the screen.
    The first storms that were released sucked... pretty bad... They did a hardware upgrade and just didn't notify anyone. Take it back and they will replace it for freesies.
    03-22-09 02:33 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD