Well, this is kinda random, so I thought I would post it here since I am boasting something.

Well, I bought that clear hardcase and it has saved my Storm's life a few times now. Whenever I drop my storm(which hasn't been very much) this hard case takes all the damage and my storm is perfect. My case is a bit scratched up now, but nothing really even that visible from far away, but my storm is in great condition.

I would recommend this case highly, and I'm glad I got it!
    01-10-09 03:25 AM
    I got a hard case too (from Verizon), as much for protection as to keep me from constantly hitting the side buttons to start the camera, apps, etc. (which I've now de-activated).

BUT - the very first time I dropped the phone (albeit in tile floor), the hard case shattered. Silly me, I should have brought it back and complained about how flimsy the case was and got a new one, but I wasn't thinking and threw the dam thing away. Then went and bought another one! I just don't plan on dropping my phone!! HA!

The one that looks coolest (IMHO) is the one that has a smoked back and a chrome front. It really makes the Storm "jump"
    01-10-09 11:41 AM
    My hard plastic case is green and I love it.
    01-10-09 11:57 AM
    Nice, glad to see others who like it. I actually ordered one of those leather Vaja cases in black, but they take about 45 days to get to you since its handcrafted or something, so until then I am gonna use my hardcase.

the only reason I got the leather case is because the hardcase shows the gap, but the leather one hides it, plus I don't usually drop my phone ever, a couple of freak accidents, but the hardcase did save me.
    01-10-09 12:15 PM
    I got a hard case too (from Verizon), as much for protection as to keep me from constantly hitting the side buttons to start the camera, apps, etc. (which I've now de-activated).

BUT - the very first time I dropped the phone (albeit in tile floor), the hard case shattered. Silly me, I should have brought it back and complained about how flimsy the case was and got a new one, but I wasn't thinking and threw the dam thing away. Then went and bought another one! I just don't plan on dropping my phone!! HA!

The one that looks coolest (IMHO) is the one that has a smoked back and a chrome front. It really makes the Storm "jump"
    Thanks! I read this post earlier this morning and wouldn't you know it, just a few minutes ago I did the exact same thing. I dropped my phone, face down onto a hard tile floor. The case broke up in the top corner, but the phone was fine. Kind of bittersweet. I'm trying to glue the case back together
    01-10-09 04:09 PM
    Thanks! I read this post earlier this morning and wouldn't you know it, just a few minutes ago I did the exact same thing. I dropped my phone, face down onto a hard tile floor. The case broke up in the top corner, but the phone was fine. Kind of bittersweet. I'm trying to glue the case back together
    Just buy another one from Handhelditems.com they are mad cheap there & they typically have a discount code here somewhere on CB that will make them even less expensive.
    01-10-09 05:23 PM
    Why waist money buying cases from Verizon ?You guys are over paying .Ebay has the same cases for a third of the price
    01-11-09 12:16 AM
    I've found the quality of eBay stuff to be hit or miss.

I also get a great deal from Verizon in terms of prices on accessories with free next day shipping so I'd just prefer to deal with them.

I will say Verizon has been slow to refund on returns but thus far, that's the only knock I can make.
    01-11-09 01:30 PM
    Why waist money buying cases from Verizon ?You guys are over paying .Ebay has the same cases for a third of the price
    I've gotten 2 "same as sold at Verizon" clear hard cases and I can tell you they are NOT the same, and significantly inferior. Just my opinion though.
    01-11-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD