I am looking at getting the voice activated Blueant V1 bluetooth device to use with the Storm. Anyone out there with one of these? Any problems with it or problems dealing with VZW voice command dialing. Finally, does it recognize contact lists? I did a search but I could find nothing specific about this particular bluetooth device and the Storm. Any help or experience would be appreciated.
    01-09-09 10:23 PM
    i too would like to know peoples experiences with BlueAnt V1 and the storm, the CNET video review shows off some of its cool features but uses an iphone to do so. Anyone who can chime in awesome!
    01-09-09 10:33 PM
    i have the blueant V1, its pretty nice, voice recognition is pretty nice for me i only use the speed dial voice on it, one is auto set on google 411, and the first couple are home/work, i like it overall i got it on sale thru amazon was almost half price a cpl months ago
    01-09-09 10:56 PM
    i have the blueant V1, its pretty nice, voice recognition is pretty nice for me i only use the speed dial voice on it, one is auto set on google 411, and the first couple are home/work, i like it overall i got it on sale thru amazon was almost half price a cpl months ago
    whats the battery life like, comfort, is the voice recognition really that good?
    01-09-09 11:03 PM
    Yes i have the BlueAnt V1 as well! Just like the user above me it works like a charm with all speed dial options from 1 to 9 i believe.. goog411 which by default is set as (sd) #4 is very handy! I too am having difficulty setting contacts.
    I'm happy with my purchase but i have to admit it's a bit bit expensive!
    01-09-09 11:05 PM
    I have blueAnt V1. It's the best bluetooth I have ever had so far. Battery life is pretty good, running about 3-4 days on normal use. The voice dial is great. Connectivity is great. The bt is turned off automatically when it is charged. So, you would need to turn it on manually after charging.
    01-09-09 11:39 PM
    I have the V1/Storm combo and have not had any problems using the voice commands on the V1 or the voice commands on the Storm through the V1. I use the speed dial 1-9 as well as just using the names in my contact list. Haven't had any problems with Vlingo either.
    01-09-09 11:41 PM
    I have it, fairly comfortable. I had issues getting it right though. The comply foam tips feel great, but it makes everything too bassy. I just really think that headsets arent for me. I just don't talk enough. I'm returning it. Its good, but its not perfect, still have reception issues from time to time. Wind screws with the people on the other end, even with max isolation on. Going to return it and try a supertooth 3 speakerphone unit for the car, thats really the only time I use a headset anyways, I'll let you know how that works.
    01-09-09 11:57 PM
    comfort is great! sometimes i forget its there, voice recognition works well for me just have to talk slow and clearly picks it right up, battery life was right around what the specs said i usually charge it every night no matter what so i really dont know i think the first day i used it and was just around what they said it would do
    01-10-09 12:00 AM
    Three of us in the family have them with our Storms and no complaints. I am the only one of three that previously owned others and this one is by far the best I have owned (so far).

My only complaint (not the fault of the unit) is I have been unable to locate ear pieces like those I use on my Etymotic Research ER 6i head phones. They fit so well you would never have to use the curved ear hook of the BluAnt V1
    01-10-09 05:55 AM
    Thanks to all of you for your replies and input!
    01-10-09 09:28 AM
    I have the BlueAnt V1 and also the Jawbone 2. I love them both to be honest, however the BlueAnt fits and holds to my ear and stays in my ear better than the Jawbone 2.
    I dont think you could go wrong with either one since there quality is pretty much identical in my mind.
    However if you are able to try one on that maybe the best thing to do since one may fit you better than the other and then you may prefer it.
    As far as the voice dialing on the V1 I dont know about it to much I just use the VAD speed dials like jkunk mentioned. I deleted VAD off of my OS platform when I installed it.
    Either way I think you would be very happy with the V1
    01-10-09 01:55 PM
    I just got the V1 also and I am pretty happy with it. The only other bluetooth headset that I have used is the h12 and the sound quality on this is definitely better although still not perfect. The built in speed dials are cool at first, but it does get annoying that you can't just say "Call X" where X is someone in your contacts list. Instead you have to say "Phone commands" to switch to the phone's voice dialing and then do it. Definitely a comfortable headset but it's not going to win any aesthetics awards. Also has anyone else noticed that the Nuance voice dialing on the storm has the worst enunciation ever? Many times it asks "Did you say X?" and I cannot even understand it without looking at the screen to see what's highlighted. But that is a problem with the storm, not with the V1.
    01-10-09 02:09 PM
    Also has anyone else noticed that the Nuance voice dialing on the storm has the worst enunciation ever? Many times it asks "Did you say X?" and I cannot even understand it without looking at the screen to see what's highlighted. But that is a problem with the storm, not with the V1.
    Thanks for the info. I think the enunciation problem may be more of a VZW software issue. I had the same problem with my Treo 700p using Voice Command software that VZW bundled with the phone software.
    01-10-09 02:15 PM
    The blueant voice commands work great for me. The only problem I have is the sound quality, both incoming and outgoing, but I think that is the Storm. My wife has a BA V1 with a Voyager and her sound quality is SWEET!
    01-11-09 10:25 AM
    I have the V1/Storm combo and I find the connectivity to be amazing; of course I was coming from the original Jawbone / Treo combo; so hands down this is far superior.

I had the V1 with my Treo and let me tell you the technology of the Treo 700wx is not there to handle the RAW POWER of the V1 Headset. I switched headsets thinking it was the headset..... nope I then got a new phone and NIGHT AND DAY difference.

I find the comfort of the headset could be better, I have the comply foam tip on mine that I use but when things heat up... in the summer and you start to sweat a lil ... POP out comes the headset. They could have made the ear hook a lil more adjustable as well so everyone can form it to their ears.

All in all it's a great combination for headset and device.

I have one question for those who have it though.... does your voice recognition come through the headset? And when you have the set on... and you dial a number ... does it come through your headset when you are dialing? I had this for a few weeks and now nothing.

I appreciate any feedback
    08-18-09 08:18 AM
    Yes my voice recognition comes through the headset and when I give a command- Say, speed dial 2 I hear it through the headset. I will also hear the dialtone. I am using it with my Storm.
    08-18-09 08:27 AM
    Yes my voice recognition comes through the headset and when I give a command- Say, speed dial 2 I hear it through the headset. I will also hear the dialtone. I am using it with my Storm.
    Can you hear your number dialing in the headset? And when you use/if you use Vlingo does it come through the headset too?

Thanks for your input
    08-18-09 08:32 AM
    One more vote for BA V1. I had a Jawbone 1 that simple wouldn't stay in, no matter what, because of that effin' spring-loaded ear piece. The sound may or may not have been OK but the damn thing kept falling out.

The V1 stays put and works well to date. I haven't done voice dialing yet but all the V1 functions work.

I had a RAZR prior to the Storm and it was a nightmare with the V1, as the V1 didn't always know a call was terminated. I upgraded to firmware V5.3 (latest & greatest), but that didn't help. The RAZR ate its battery (stupid battery charger doesn't know how to stop charging, overheats the battery, and bye-bye battery) and I moved to the Storm. Happy, happy, joy, joy.
    09-13-09 11:07 PM
    I use the V1 with my Tour and it is ok. you can use the voice dial saved
    in the V1 or say "phone commands" and it will activate your phones built in voice activated dialing.
    I previously was using the original Jawbone but I did not like how it felt in my ear. I will tell you this, in my experience the jawbone is much better than the V1. Everyone I have talked to tells me that they can hear me better using the Jawbone. As soon as I can I am getting the jawbone prime.

Billbo.
    09-13-09 11:20 PM
    Hmmm... I might just give the jawbone another try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 01:00 PM
    I am a rep and the v1 is one of the best out there. Most people prefer it over the jawbone 2, and it has the best warranty and it is the easiest to use/pair.

09-15-09 01:33 PM
    Btw it has the best noise canceling and it has 2 mics

09-15-09 01:34 PM
    Do any of you hear your ringtones through your headset or is it a standard ring. Also do you get SMS and mms notification through the headset?

09-15-09 05:01 PM
    Hmmm... I might just give the jawbone another try.[...]
    WTF was I thinking?!? The sound from the Jawbone, compared to the V1, was the pits. And there is no way in Hades I could get the earpiece to stay in place. Now I remember why I darn near dropkicked the thing the last time I tried it. Whatta piece of... trash.

Also, I tried using the BlueAnt V1 command "Phone Command" in front of calling with the Storm's voice-controlled dialing. It worked well although not as well as with my HAL 6000. At least I didn't get "I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that." Still, using Storm's voice dialing features through the V1 does work. Just remember to first tap the ant button and say Phone Command.
    09-16-09 10:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD