I have a Mac, and when I installed the software it came with into my Mac, the only software I could download was the PocketMac. With that, I couldn't find out how put any media on my BB. Any ideas?
    01-03-08 02:03 PM
    There should be a desktop manager for Mac available. I would assume you would be able to find it on BlackBerry's website.

-Mr. Wonderful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-08 02:09 PM
    I'll check it out. Thank you so much!
    01-03-08 02:15 PM
    I too have a mac and the only program that I could find to sync it with my pearl is the pocketmac. This unfortunately doesn't allow you to load applications. I wanted to add colorpearl to my BB but can't find a program that will allow me to load it. Any suggestions?
    01-08-08 09:21 PM
    I have a mac and I have used the Pocket Mac for Blackberry to install my color pearl.If you have tried installing and you still don't see anything, you probably have the software on your phone and you don't know it. (I know from experience I tried three times before I realized I needed to change the setting). Try going to options and see if color pearl is under your settings. If so ou can change the color to either one particular color or you could have it change randomly.

If the above is not avail try the steps below.

When you plug in your phone and click on pocketmac sync manager, click the blackberry icon, your phone should be recognized in the staus area. Once that has been established you should go to the tool bar and click on utilities, then install on device. A window will open and from there you should be able to find the software. Once you've installed the software you may have to restart your computer. Then use the above steps to change your color.

Hope this helps!
    01-10-08 03:47 AM
    ashaxavi,

Thank you so much for your advice. You gave incredibly helpful instructions and it has worked perfectly so far.

Thanks once again
    01-10-08 10:07 PM
    Sorry but one last question. I heard that you would be able to use the custom feature by entering your own hex. However, when i try and type a number into the custom feature it says "field full", is there some way around that?
    01-10-08 10:25 PM
    OK, so I have been having serious issues with syncing to my mac. At first, pocketmac worked, although there never was any device recognition. then it started to duplicate all my stuff on my pearl. so I bought missing sync...what a huge mistake. Couldn't get it to connect to my pearl, so after dropping $40 on a useless program, I'm back to pocketmac, which is working again for now. Will no one ever figure out how to make BB's and macs love each other?
    01-26-08 11:36 PM
    I know I havent asked a question, but this thread helped tremendously. I COULD NOT figure out how to get the programs to go on the phone, then I couldnt figure out how to link the phone and mac, and blah blah blah. I got it all. What happened is on the main pocketmac screen, it didnt show the two talking. However, once I clicked on BB, then utility, it was right there. Thanks again, really.
    02-03-08 09:09 AM
    I don't know all that has been said as I'm just scanning through but may I advise posting this in the 'Mac Users' forum as well, you may get some good solutions. Or you may find a similar problem that has been solved.
    02-04-08 03:47 PM
    To those looking to load media onto your installed media card with a Mac, you can go to settings -> advanced options -> media card -> mass storage mode support (turn to ON).

This allows you to browse the unit as a "hard drive" when connected to your Mac via the USB cable. It will show up on your desktop and you can browse (drag and drop) in a finder window.

AS A DISCLAIMER: I have no idea what the pros/cons of doing this are on any other function of the bb pearl - so do your homework!
    02-06-08 08:49 PM
    the mac desktop manager provided my RIM is a little stubburn at first
    try re installing the Mac desktop a few times for the BB
    make sure it syncs up correctly
    then on the top bar under device tyou click install applications, and you need to select the correct extention file to install.

i found this very confusing at first too
    and hated how the BB ran on macs
    its seems to be fine now.
    wwierd
    wiestside
    02-12-08 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD