Im new to returning a phone before the 30 day trial. Ive been a cell phone user for 10 years and have never had to return a phone due to being unsatisfied with it. So can anyone tell me what the protocal for doing such a thing is?

I purchased it online at sprint.com. Do I have to call sprint or can I just take it into the store and swap it out for another phone?

Man this phone is nothing but headaches.

thanks.
    01-08-09 09:07 PM
    I believe you have to call telesales or the sprint.com where it was that you bought it from. It's a totally different entity than the brick & mortar stores. What are going to get as a replacement?
    01-08-09 09:23 PM
    i was told when i ordered it that if i wanted to return it that it needs to have all origional packaging and whatever it came with. you can call sprint and get a return number and then ship it back or bring it to a store
    01-08-09 09:25 PM
    I'm hoping for improvements soon. It doesn't make
    Me proud to hear this. I am sorry you were dissatisfied
    With this phone. Its what I wanted for a while. I've only
    Had it for about six days but it can be better than
    What it is. I just hope the makers realize that it
    Is in desperate need of improvements. And make
    Them soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 09:39 PM
    Great thanks. Im getting the 8330. The nextel signal is just horrible, constantly losing calls. The txt issue is rediculous. There's so many other things I cant think of right now.
    01-08-09 09:40 PM
    Totally understand, if it wasn't for my need of Direct Connect for work I would have had a different BB years ago. But after the 7100i this is still a better phone even with the problems. That doesn't mean that I'm not frustrated up to my neck. Sprint better get things fixed soon or they're going to lose their core base of users who have been patient enough to wait for this BB to come out. Why they didn't do a Hybrid is beyond me, only reason I can think of is that Sprint through us a bone and is going to try to sell Nextel off.
    01-08-09 10:29 PM
    The "core" users like us are willing to spend our money on their phones and will spend a good amount of money and they cant get it to work right. This phone runs like it was rushed. It kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed and I think finally they said we've done all we can do with this thing, just release it. They had to know about all these bugs in this phone and thats why it kept getting delayed, they couldnt figure it out and they still havent and they wont.
    01-08-09 11:22 PM
    Totally understand, if it wasn't for my need of Direct Connect for work I would have had a different BB years ago. But after the 7100i this is still a better phone even with the problems. That doesn't mean that I'm not frustrated up to my neck. Sprint better get things fixed soon or they're going to lose their core base of users who have been patient enough to wait for this BB to come out. Why they didn't do a Hybrid is beyond me, only reason I can think of is that Sprint through us a bone and is going to try to sell Nextel off.
    I'm with you Alex. I would have dumped Nextel A LONG TIME AGO had it not been for the need for my employment. I use the DC for approx. 90 percent of my work related needs. It is ridiculous that a company expects it's customers to endure the kind of BS that we have had to with this phone. Talk about poor customer relations.
    01-09-09 02:46 AM
    I am returning my phone as well and going to go with a sprint phone as well to many problems with his phone and from what I hear and read is that sprint's service is way faster and by the wat was lied to about a discount I was supposed to have recvd on this model and it was not discounted and with the headaches and 8 hours later of working text issue out I am all in man so done with this phone
    01-09-09 09:48 AM
    I'm with Alex and Lawden.. I need this for phone for work because of the DC, so I am praying every night that a fix of some sort is within reach. At the same time, i'm losing friends who think I simply don't want to text them back. I'm really on the fence with this. Man this really sucks!
    01-09-09 10:43 AM
    I for one am completly happy with this phone. I too need the DC for work, otherwise I would be on an iPhone. Maybe I'm so happy with the 8350i because I had the 7100i for so long and towrard the end of its life I wanted to smash it into a million peices. I even went as far as to try and convince my company that we didn't need the DC any longer...that didn't work! The fist week that I had the new 8350i I wanted to just go with a regular nextel and get rid of the blackberry all-together, but I stuck it out and became more familiar with the phone. I couldn't be more happy.
    01-09-09 11:05 AM
    I really like this phone but all the headaches everyone else is
    Having is making me feel like I might be the only
    One left with nextel ,who doesn't use it for work.
    I like the way this phone looks and feels but if I have
    To go to sprint I'll be upset with the 8330 knowing
    That nextel version still exisits. I'm sad after reading
    All the bad things about my phone! Feels like I'm
    Holding on to thin air. I wish they'd come out with
    A certified fix that will improve all the qualities of
    This phone.

01-09-09 07:46 PM
    I do use the DC alot but at this point I am so frustrated that I just can't deal with this phone and its issues and that sprint could care less that all of us are upset and expect us to pay for something that is A POS anyone have any Suggestions on sprint model .........Unhappy 1St BB Long Time Nextel Customer
    01-09-09 07:59 PM
    Well I was just looking online at sprint shop and saw the
    World phone 8830. Says sim is unlocked I don't know if this
    Means access to our direct connect but it doesn't have a camera
    I was looking at this before I was told about the 8350i. I really
    Can't believe I am actualy thinking about this.

01-09-09 08:37 PM
    I'm happy with the phone overall. Yes it has problems but it is the first ever BB with Direct Connect and that is pretty cool. It has been out only 3 weeks. I waited this long and I'll hang in there for another 6 mos. I'm sure (I hope) that someone from RIM and Nextel monitor these boards. With any new product once it's released to the public many bugs get flushed out. As I said before it's way better than the 7100i. It's not perfect but what is. I just wish these companies would acknowledge that there is an update even if it's under the guise of "new features" coming instead of "ooops we rushed it out" so we know that help is on the way. I just hope the 8350i isn't the "Vista" of BB's...
    01-10-09 12:16 AM
    Justlovejoy I don't use my 8350 for work either and I love my new CB.

01-10-09 02:13 PM
    Just got home from returning this POS and I feel so relieved knowing I have no more headaches with this model or spending wasted time talking to cust serv back to I580 texts come right thru..... gonna kept it Til I figure out What Phone next or At This Point Maybe what carrier.... but that being my first BB I am gonna have a real hard time considering another one !
    01-10-09 04:42 PM
    I've been with Nextel for years, it started with work, then I bought one for my wife too. As far as problems with this phone, just like all other tech products, if you are patient, they will correct it. I personally couldn't see myself turning in my phone and giving up the one of a kind PTT walkie talkie. This phone is good and will be better in a few weeks. Only newbies panic and become dissatisfied without giving the phone companies achance to correct the discrepancies. For instance, look at the iphone... On launch, it was a disaster, and now, the company has had a chance to correct tje wrongs and now they are happy. Just be patient and see what happens...

01-10-09 05:37 PM
    I'm happy with the phone overall. Yes it has problems but it is the first ever BB with Direct Connect and that is pretty cool. It has been out only 3 weeks. I waited this long and I'll hang in there for another 6 mos. I'm sure (I hope) that someone from RIM and Nextel monitor these boards. With any new product once it's released to the public many bugs get flushed out. As I said before it's way better than the 7100i. It's not perfect but what is. I just wish these companies would acknowledge that there is an update even if it's under the guise of "new features" coming instead of "ooops we rushed it out" so we know that help is on the way. I just hope the 8350i isn't the "Vista" of BB's...
    I think your right looks like Sprint is on the ropes as i keep hearing that they are faltering their stock is even falling. You know it would be nice for those of us that rushed out and got one so early if we could get some kind of credit or something for sticking it out or more so being loyal to nextel. but i do hope that they do get this thing right and that text internet and the gps is fixed like you Alex I'll stick it out 6mos or so.
    01-11-09 12:28 AM
    Cell phones that make your dreams come true...

Are we spoiled?

Go back a few years...think brick phone. Don Johnson...

Why don't you make your own cell phone that is purfect?

Please return your 8350i.

Thanks.

01-11-09 12:58 AM
    I've been with Nextel for years, it started with work, then I bought one for my wife too. As far as problems with this phone, just like all other tech products, if you are patient, they will correct it. I personally couldn't see myself turning in my phone and giving up the one of a kind PTT walkie talkie. This phone is good and will be better in a few weeks. Only newbies panic and become dissatisfied without giving the phone companies achance to correct the discrepancies. For instance, look at the iphone... On launch, it was a disaster, and now, the company has had a chance to correct tje wrongs and now they are happy. Just be patient and see what happens...

Patient Dude C'mon I got the phone on the 17th and had nothing but issues since, the phone vibrates sometimes things ring other constantly leading to missed calls along with all the text issues and your telling me to be patient I think I was patient enough gave them a month and then to top it all off was lied to about the price by a Rep who can barely speak english and retention and sprint supervisor could care less F*ck patience dude ! maybe you got one of the models that work right but speaking for all the people who did'nt you have no idea the mess this phone has and sprint is not stepping up and making the right moves to save customers that's just bad business and to not admit this phone was released to early after two months of delaying the original release date, this is BS and for you to say be patient dude, I am not about to get locked in a new 2 year contract for a phone that doesnt work right and I to have been with nextel for 8 years and have not been happy since the merge with sprint so sorry BRO I am out of patience but good luck with yours hope they get the issues fixed but like I said before this was my 1st BB and with my experience probably my last ! Ahh and Sientz Life is'nt perfect but when you pay for something u expect it to work and learn how to spell !
    Last edited by Slimfate; 01-11-09 at 12:09 PM.
    01-11-09 12:01 PM
    I am also returning my phone, I have had it for 3 weeks. My text messages come late even though Sprint/Nextel insist they fixed it! And I can't put themes on it, so before my 30 days run up I am returning my phone!
    01-11-09 12:40 PM
    Patient Dude C'mon I got the phone on the 17th and had nothing but issues since, the phone vibrates sometimes things ring other constantly leading to missed calls along with all the text issues and your telling me to be patient I think I was patient enough gave them a month and then to top it all off was lied to about the price by a Rep who can barely speak english and retention and sprint supervisor could care less F*ck patience dude ! maybe you got one of the models that work right but speaking for all the people who did'nt you have no idea the mess this phone has and sprint is not stepping up and making the right moves to save customers that's just bad business and to not admit this phone was released to early after two months of delaying the original release date, this is BS and for you to say be patient dude, I am not about to get locked in a new 2 year contract for a phone that doesnt work right and I to have been with nextel for 8 years and have not been happy since the merge with sprint so sorry BRO I am out of patience but good luck with yours hope they get the issues fixed but like I said before this was my 1st BB and with my experience probably my last ! Ahh and Sientz Life is'nt perfect but when you pay for something u expect it to work and learn how to spell !
    Okay, Okay, lets be civil alright? Jeez! Look, I feel your frustration, My point is that, you could exchange the phone for something better and leave it at that, but you are wrong for trying to attribute your frustration to the whole line of phones (although you didnt say that, implication is the key) so much so that there is someone on the forums who was thinking of purchasing this wonderful phone that just came out, but instead, you scared them off. Look dude you may feel entitled because you paid money ($150 is a BIG loss, I understand), but you should put on your "big boy shoes" and be a little more understanding before you call it a POS. Hopefully I made MYSELF CLEAR. Myself and others are dealing with the little quirks knowing full well that there will be updates in the future to address them. Its my 1st BB too, but the difference is I love mine, and I can work with this. And it be a little different if you acknowledged that maybe you just got a bad phone because anyone could understand that.
    01-11-09 12:44 PM
    Frustrated is an under statement dude I waited for this phone for two months after delays and delays of the release! DUH Here's a thought it should of never been released yet.... but it sounds like you got one with no issues... good glad to hear that then you have no idea of what I am going thru and Thousands of others ...And Spending between $1200-1500 a month with this Sprint and running a business and relying on texts which somewhat are business related as well, can't continue to wait on a fix, as well as my 30 days is about up, so back to Reliable I580 and back to carrying my laptop and paying for wireless web for my laptop to have Int access but so be it..... that phone probably just cost me 5 years off my life (LOL) with all the stress and for the record I did like the phone.... just not all the issues and can't afford to chance it anymore due to business $$$$$! So if this not's clear enough for you and your Big Boy Shoes..... That it's not just my phone tough guy read all the forums guy and why do you care if anyone buys this phone or not.....
    Last edited by Slimfate; 01-11-09 at 01:46 PM.
    01-11-09 01:40 PM
    Frustrated is an under statement dude I waited for this phone for two months after delays and delays of the release! DUH Here's a thought it should of never been released yet.... but it sounds like you got one with no issues... good glad to hear that then you have no idea of what I am going thru and Thousands of others ...And Spending between $1200-1500 a month with this Sprint and running a business and relying on texts which somewhat are business related as well, can't continue to wait on a fix, as well as my 30 days is about up, so back to Reliable I580 and back to carrying my laptop and paying for wireless web for my laptop to have Int access but so be it..... that phone probably just cost me 5 years off my life (LOL) with all the stress and for the record I did like the phone.... just not all the issues and can't afford to chance it anymore due to business $$$$$! So if this not's clear enough for you and your Big Boy Shoes..... That it's not just my phone tough guy read all the forums guy and why do you care if anyone buys this phone or not.....
    Would "I'm Sorry" make it better?
    01-11-09 01:47 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD