The Storm is my first Blackberry, but I'm about to get an 8820 from work. For those in the know, other than the touch screen, what are the big differences? (FYI, my storm works flawlessly, i've not experienced the littany of issue most folks on these boards seem to).
    01-08-09 08:01 PM
    The Storm is my first Blackberry, but I'm about to get an 8820 from work. For those in the know, other than the touch screen, what are the big differences? (FYI, my storm works flawlessly, i've not experienced the littany of issue most folks on these boards seem to).
    Two big differences are the fact that the 8820 has Wi-Fi, but it does not support 3G...
    01-08-09 08:11 PM
    two BBs? That blows! Both my hubby and my sister carry 2 and I feel sorry for them.

wifi sounds nice tho
    01-08-09 08:18 PM
    I have the same setup (Storm for personal, 8820 for work). I thought the WiFi was nice at first, but the thing is a freakin' battery hog - mine is perpetually off now, even at home or at work where there is access to free WiFi (most of the time I can't get a WiFi connection anyway - everything around here is secured). Since I only use it for work, speed is not an issue. I've even been considering swapping my work 8820 for a Curve, since the Curve is smaller (the Storm and 8820 have roughly the same length, width, and thickness). What OS you get on your 8820 will also depend entirely on the decision made by your BES administrator, since OS updates get pushed by them and not RIM; mine is still running 4.2.something and I don't foresee an update anytime soon. Regardless, though, it will be a lower OS version than the Storm, which does result in greater app compatibility with the 8820. Other than that, it mostly operates the same - you scroll with the trackball to select an icon/object and click the trackball to activate it, just as you would scroll with your finger to select an icon and click the screen to activate it on the Storm. The BlackBerry and Escape keys do the same thing as they do on the Storm. The 8820 does have a dedicated sleep mode button which is nice, since you can put it to sleep without having a holster, and if you activate voice service on your 8820, you can dial from the home screen in one swift stroke.

Oh, and I personally find BrickBreaker easier to play with the trackball.
    01-08-09 09:25 PM
    8820 is a great phone. I loved the trackball versus the touch screen. The storm has a much bigger screen, better media player, better browser. I love the suretype keyboard on the storm too. Miss that from my 7303.
    01-08-09 09:26 PM
    two BBs? That blows! Both my hubby and my sister carry 2 and I feel sorry for them.

wifi sounds nice tho
    I carry two (Storm & Bold)! Life has never been better! Serious, since I sync them both to the same DM I get twice the reminders to make sure I'm on time to my events lol.
    01-08-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD