Is it just my phone or is the storm earpiece volume not very loud. I have a good pair of bose on ear headphones yet when im running at the gym i can still hear the treadmill. I have the audio boost on and the equalizer on loud yet it is still not very loud. Does any one else have this problem or is it the phone?
    01-08-09 04:16 PM
    Yes. Its not just you. The Headphone jack isnt as loud as an MP3 player but I wish it was. The external speaker is really loud though.

PS: I dont recommened running with your Storm on you like that lol Might drop the little masterpiece
    01-08-09 04:20 PM
    It seems loud enough to me. Try turning on Audio Boost (Menu > Options)
    01-08-09 04:30 PM
    i did turn the audio boost on and it goes from not loud to a little less not loud
    01-08-09 04:34 PM
    When I changed to .85 the volume did get louder but not at a level I would like. I hope in the following OS updates this will change.
    01-08-09 04:45 PM
    I love that it pops up a message explaining that loud volumes with headphones can damage hearing, but I doubt that it can pump enough juice to my sennheiser's to hurt my ears in the slightest. Oh well, at least I still have my Zune.
    01-08-09 04:53 PM
    i love that my .85 jacks the audio down on about every 3rd or 4th song.

The audio quality is about 80% of what i get from my sansa fuze.

I thought i was going to replace my mp3 player with the one on the phone... Nope.
    01-08-09 05:08 PM
    Is it just my phone or is the storm earpiece volume not very loud. I have a good pair of bose on ear headphones yet when im running at the gym i can still hear the treadmill. I have the audio boost on and the equalizer on loud yet it is still not very loud. Does any one else have this problem or is it the phone?
    Common problem. If you are playing music through line-out or headphones and get a message alert it drops the volume output of the headphone jack and you can't get it back to previous max levels without a reboot of the phone. Firmware bug that really needs to be addressed ASAP.
    01-08-09 05:43 PM
    Hi. This is my first post here.

Question - I've been researching this AUDIO BOOST ON problem (where it is still not boosted) and a few folks have said that receiving a message disables it. I pulled the battery and once booted, still no better with the volume.

This is my 2nd storm, as the first was replaced for having a ton of issues, and my current Storm has 4.7.0.75 - I've had it for 2 weeks.

Any other ideas? I hate compressed MP3s!!!!
    01-12-09 08:25 AM
    Definitely an issue. I watch movies while traveling and the max volume is barely sufficient with the foam ear buds. I will follow this thread for any new updates.. I am on .75
    01-15-09 08:43 AM
    Common problem. If you are playing music through line-out or headphones and get a message alert it drops the volume output of the headphone jack and you can't get it back to previous max levels without a reboot of the phone. Firmware bug that really needs to be addressed ASAP.
    Yep........
    01-15-09 08:56 AM
    Does anyone know how to increase the volume of a phone call? I know how to adjust ringtone/vibrate/media volume, but I can't seem to raise/lower volume while talking on the phone. I'm sure this is one of those 'right-under-my-nose' questions, but I did search the forums before posting...maybe it's so rudimentary that it doesn't bear discussion! Thanks in advance for not flaming me for being dense
    01-15-09 09:00 AM
    Does anyone know how to increase the volume of a phone call? I know how to adjust ringtone/vibrate/media volume, but I can't seem to raise/lower volume while talking on the phone. I'm sure this is one of those 'right-under-my-nose' questions, but I did search the forums before posting...maybe it's so rudimentary that it doesn't bear discussion! Thanks in advance for not flaming me for being dense
    volume is the rocker switch on the upper right of the phone
    01-15-09 09:02 AM
    Yep...I'm a dummy all right...thanks!

I'm just so used to all the solutions being menu settings I guess I've fogotten about hardware options.
    01-15-09 09:06 AM
    It's funny that this came up because when I watched a movie on the Storm for the first time, I didn't know how to change the volume as well. After using the iPod Touch for a year, you get used to certain things!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 09:07 AM
    Yep...I'm a dummy all right...thanks!

I'm just so used to all the solutions being menu settings I guess I've fogotten about hardware options.
    there is a software opton as well, while in phone app go to munu>options > default call volume>100%

this will make the vol 100% by default
    01-15-09 09:19 AM
    Glad im not the only one with this problem. Full volume on my headset and the quality sounds degraded (muddy, no vocals when a bass line hits) and barely loud. Perform a battery pull and bam. problem fixed for about an hour.
    02-10-09 12:23 AM
    What I have is that after a while the storm doesn't decode the music correctly and other sounds in the music overpower others and the song doesn't sound right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 02:29 AM
    I've watched a couplew videos on it but not a lot of music yet. Although I tend to listen to a lot of podcasts, not music, so maybe it will work better with jsut voice.

My issue is that when I'm at the home screen adn I adjust the vol controls there's no indicator of volume level. Other than the sounds level speaker at the top left, is there a way to see the volume setting?
    02-10-09 05:22 AM
    They should have made the mp3 player better, its not loud enough, the audio dropping every couple of songs for no reason whatsoever (im on .75), the headphones they supply are really crappy, I've had 2 sets of them yet both have fallen apart, perhaps since the storm is supposed to be such a premium product they should have included the good headphones that come w/the bold.
    02-10-09 05:45 AM
    What headphones are all of you using? Would a different headset help? I bought the "premium" blackberry headset (cheaply from a 3rd party site) and I'm wondering if a different headset might be louder. Optimally, I would like a headset that has inline volume too
    02-28-09 11:48 AM
    I'm using either Nu-Force 7m or Sony V6 headphones, and my .75 Storm sounds just as good as my multiple iPods. All my music are lame -v 2 compressed from CDs, and all my movies are from DVDs compressed with handbrake.

While I don't have a golden ear, I can hear the difference between diff types of mp3 compression. My Storm's fine (knock on wood).

I'm think that the audio problem people are experiencing is either:
    1. software problem with various leaked fw
    2. hardware problem with certain units (could be loose connector)
    3. poor quality source music
    4. Storm doesn't sufficiently drive higher ohm devices, thus maybe needing an inline amp
    02-28-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD