I have a replacement storm coming tomorrow.

I have BES on my blackberry, when i back up and go to restore on the new one that i will be receiving, will the BES information be restored to the new blackberry as well, or do i have to go IT again and ask for assistance?

Thank You
    01-08-09 12:15 PM
    i'll answer my own question.

No it doesnt

now IT are being ****** bags in getting it connected to my blackberry again, now its against company policy to get it on your personal blackberry.
    01-14-09 09:03 AM
    If you have an account on the BES, and use Outlook on your desktop to connect to your email server (Exchange?) then all you have to do is plug the BB in and run DM. It will go through an Enterprise Activation based on your Outlook profile. There is no need to call anyone or get help from anyone.
    01-14-09 09:14 AM
    I don't use outlook on the desktop. They just handed me an old blackberry and send me emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 09:18 AM
    I have my outlook web access url, login and my password. Ive tried adding my work email to my blackberry this way but it doesn't want to take it. The only thing i'm leaving blank is were it says Mailbox Name: could this be the reason why its not taking?

Thank you
    Last edited by ksmontoya; 01-15-09 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typo
    01-15-09 08:14 AM
    I did it one more time and it magically worked lol.

Its not as fast as the BES but at least I wont have to pay for the extra BES on verizon, and I wont have to carry 2 blackberries when i leave work.
    01-15-09 09:29 AM
    I don't use outlook on the desktop. They just handed me an old blackberry and send me emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    With DM 4.7 there is a device switch wizard. Does that work?
    01-15-09 01:55 PM
    I am on BES, with Lotus Notes. When I got my replacement Storm, all I did was restore, and then connect to the RIM server using DM (log-in as normal to Office-Network). Enterprise Activation started automatically.
    01-15-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD