Just saw this on Yahoo News. Haven't seen it posted here yet.

Obama, security aides, still debating Blackberry - Yahoo! News

Obama, security aides, still debating Blackberry
    2 hrs 28 mins ago

WASHINGTON � For President-elect Barack Obama, parting with his Blackberry is such sweet sorrow.

In fact, it isn't yet certain that he'll give up his hand-held device once he takes office.

Obama acknowledged in a nationally broadcast interview Thursday that the Blackberry is a concern, "not just to the Secret Service, but also to lawyers."

Asked in an interview broadcast on NBC's "Today" show whether the issue had been resolved, Obama replied, "I'm still in a scuffle around that." He asked: "How do you stay in touch with the flow of everyday life?"

White House officials have worried that a president's e-mails can be subpoenaed by Congress and the courts and may be subject to public records laws. Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton didn't e-mail while in office.
    01-08-09 08:54 AM
    Non-story and definitely a thread that belongs in Off-Topic as it
    serves no useful purpose to the furtherance of anyone's
    actual BB knowledge.
    01-08-09 09:03 AM
    Agree with AG

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 10:22 AM
    Non-story and definitely a thread that belongs in Off-Topic as it
    serves no useful purpose to the furtherance of anyone's
    actual BB knowledge.
    Oh c'mon I have so much more respect for him now I know he's a BB man. If he mentions CrackBerry.com in an interview I'm sold! I don't read the odd topic BS, if his had been in there I would never have got to read about it.

01-08-09 10:29 AM
    You would be sold on him for the sole reason of him declaring a commonality with you? And we wonder why the nation is in the state that it is.
    "I'm Barrack, and I think every american should have another economic stimulous tax cut even though the last one failed."

01-08-09 11:35 AM
    I agree completely with HJ. ... Have mercy on us all.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-08-09 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Argumentative content
    01-08-09 11:41 AM
    Just for security reasons, I don't think the guy should have a Blackberry as the president.
    01-08-09 12:18 PM
    Just for security reasons, I don't think the guy should have a Blackberry as the president.
    Yeah...but I sure wish he could keep it! Maybe RIM can make a "special" BB, just for him?
    01-08-09 12:25 PM
    Yeah...but I sure wish he could keep it! Maybe RIM can make a "special" BB, just for him?
    Doesn't matter how "special" it is because it can easily be hacked. Somehow, some way, it could happen.
    01-08-09 12:27 PM
    Doesn't matter how "special" it is because it can easily be hacked. Somehow, some way, it could happen.
    I understand the idea...wishful thinking.
    01-08-09 12:28 PM
    You would be sold on him for the sole reason of him declaring a commonality with you? And we wonder why the nation is in the state that it is.
    "I'm Barrack, and I think every american should have another economic stimulous tax cut even though the last one failed."

I figured I would get a rise out of someone

You assume that I am a member of the US voting enabled public:

I just think Mr. President carrying a BB the the rest of us is sweet!

01-08-09 01:06 PM

I bet u think the previous 8 yrs were great!!!!
    01-08-09 01:11 PM
    I'm wondering how PE Obama would even have time for a Blackberry once he becomes POTUS. His every waking moment will be closely guarded and orchestrated. To have even the slightest shred of a potential leak or hack into his communications could spell potentially deadly consequences for him and/or our country. While the Blackberry is arguably one of the more secure communication devices around Ii don't think anyone would put their neck on the block and say it's flawless when it comes to security. The possibility of someone tapping or reading or sniffing his transmissions anywhere along the path (RIM, BES, carrier, etc) is too much of a security risk in this situation.
    01-08-09 01:17 PM
    Despite it being a news story, this topic is bound to overlap on the political. This is not the place for such a debate.
    01-08-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD