There WAS a thread on here about saving 10% on ur tmo bill but it was mysteriously deleted!

So I'm letting everyone know that if u go to Freelancersunioun.org and join for free, u can get a discount on ur bill! All u have to do is join, call tmo's business direct people, hit option 5, give them ur union ID (which u will get after u sign up) and then u will be getting ur discount! Easy! And the more people sign up, the bigger a discount we all get!

Also, I got a quick question, a while back there was a thread about how some people got a curve for $99 from tmo and just had to upgrade. Will someone tell me how I can do this? I have a pearl and I want the curve and I know some people just called them, said they were gonna switch to AT&T, and they got the curve for $99 and just had to start their contract over.

Thanks in advance!!
    <3,
    Tonkscullen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 06:36 AM
    Yeah I'm a tmobile customer too and I got my phone for $90 with a new 2 year contract. You can definitely get it as long as you make them work to convince you. The guy even promised he would exclude the $35 activation fee. Um as far as the union discount, is there a catch?
    01-08-09 09:26 AM
    ^ What's the "catch" by joining for free?
    01-08-09 09:28 AM
    No catch! Just go look at the website!

When u got the curve for $90 were u ready for an upgrade?

01-08-09 09:31 AM
    I might have been but, in the past I have inquired about upgrades and I think you actually pay more. Sorry I'm not 100% about it. I just know from experience that the reps will do anything to try to get u to sign a new contract, which in my case usually means changing my number. It really is a pain because I have to keep giving people a new phone number.

Ok, I will check out that website.
    01-08-09 09:49 AM
    I joined the freelancersunion and did get the discount, but be prepared to be bombarded with phone calls from other members trying to sell you their products. looking back, I would list a different number than your cell number when signing up with the union.
    01-08-09 08:21 PM
    That's why I didn't put any phone numbers when I was signing up.
    Its a good deal and it certainly helps us out.

01-08-09 09:29 PM
    is this only for t-mo? I get my internet from at&t.
    01-11-09 12:51 PM
    is this only for t-mo? I get my internet from at&t.
    Sorry, Boo. It is only for TMO. We also get discounts on barnes and noble, staples, and punkbabyclothing.com.

I think it's a good relief for everyone, and if u don't join, why the ef not?! lol
    01-12-09 10:25 AM
    whats the number to tmobiles business direct people?
    01-12-09 12:35 PM
    Just how do you get this discount? I tried and was uncertain what to do, talked with several cs reps... thx for any help with this
    01-12-09 12:44 PM
    I did this and it works! lol I was like WTF?!?!?!?! No F*en Way, so i tried it and low and behold 10% off my bill, I even set it up with a live represenative and no questions asked, DO IT!!
    01-12-09 06:27 PM
    Just call cust care and tell them ur a member of the Freelancer's Union and u need to set up ur bill discount. They'll give u the number to business direct. Tell them the same thing when u get them and they'll ask for like ur member ID and a business number or email. It'll take a few days to go into effect but its worth it. Very awesome.

01-12-09 06:51 PM
    I tried that link...Freelancersunioun.org
    and it was bogus!
    01-12-09 06:54 PM
    Its not bogus...I joined a few weeks ago and called and had the discount applied to my account a few days ago. IT WORKS!!! When you talk to cust care they might not be able to find Freelancers Union in their system, tell them to look under Working Today.
    01-12-09 09:25 PM
    When we call and give Tmo the 5 digit #, this makes us "business members."

Does this matter? How will this affect me?

Thanks
    01-12-09 10:13 PM
    The 5 digit # is the number Freelancers sends u as ur member ID. I gave my member ID and my work phone number. Its not bogus. Its a good way to get discounts on stuff that's imperative to have. Don't be scared.
    <3 tonks cullen

01-13-09 09:43 AM
    Its not bogus...I joined a few weeks ago and called and had the discount applied to my account a few days ago. IT WORKS!!! When you talk to cust care they might not be able to find Freelancers Union in their system, tell them to look under Working Today.

Thats what I had to do and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the tip. I also asked if that gave anyone access to my account (maybe a stupid question) and she said in no way. It just gives you a discount on your monthly bill. That will save me about $23 a month with my small buisness. About $275 a year!
    01-13-09 03:17 PM
    I am definitely interested. So this works for people with a business account already set up?
    01-13-09 08:28 PM
    I am definitely interested. So this works for people with a business account already set up?
    I'm not sure about that one. I know for personal accounts, they convert you to a corp discount group but you maintain ownership of your account. I don't know if you can be a business account customer and receive a discount for being an "employee" of another company.
    01-13-09 10:58 PM
    We get the tmo discount at work. When I called them they switch you to a corporate account but you still maintain the account. Basically the main difference is that the corporate accounts start on the 1st of the month so everyone on the corporate account status their bills end at the same time. At least that's what I was told by the rep. Why that makes a big difference I have no idea but for them to switch my billing cycle to the 1st of the month is fine with me so I can get my 10% discount.
    01-14-09 01:30 AM
    Word. I was like u can change my bill cycle to the date of never as long as I get that discount! LOL that's right, I'm cheap lol. It helps my family out a lot, even if its only $10 off each month.

I hate to be a complete subject changer, but this is my thread anyways so I can do what I want does anyone else think that rapper The Game is totally scary? Unless ur Kat Von D, face tattoos are never a good idea. I have about 20 tattoos and zero on my face. They're just ugly, for the most part. No offense to any crackberry users that have any face tattoos. I'm sure your's are hot

Loooove you!!
    <3 tonks cullen

01-14-09 08:36 AM
    Here is the original thread you were looking for.http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/10-...o-catch-61709/
    01-14-09 08:40 AM
    The free lancers union is REALLY big here in NYC. It exists for those of us who don't have "corporate" jobs. If you are a "freelancer" (everyone who works tech in the stage/film/tv industry for example) they give you an organization to stand behind that lets you get discounts on health insurance (which we need all the help we can get on) and other things.
    01-14-09 10:24 AM
    Does this work if you are on a Flex pay account?
    01-14-09 12:41 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD