Has anyone encountered the following issue?

After having installed the gmail app from Google, everytime I attempt to log in to my gmail, the app prompts that I am entering the wrong password for my email account, even though I am certain i am entering the correct password.
    01-07-09 05:06 PM
    I deleted this app for some of its bugs, I just would rather use the email setup for the BB.
    01-07-09 05:08 PM
    It works perfectly for me.
    01-07-09 05:19 PM
    When I installed google GMAIL App on my Blackberry Storm, it shows in the Options > Advanced Options > Applications... but i can't find it any other place so i can RUN it..?? Its not in Menu > Downloads, Menu > Applications, or even Menu > Application Center (Even after refreshing).

Anyone know what maybe going on? When i installed this on a Nokia E61i i got a Gmail icon on the front screen.

I have the latest version: 2.0.7

Thanks
    01-08-09 11:14 PM
    why not just use the e-mail app for BB? that's what I use.
    01-08-09 11:41 PM
    Works fine for me, have not had that issue at all.
    However I have not logged in using it lately but every other time it has worked like it should.
    01-09-09 12:26 AM
    When I installed google GMAIL App on my Blackberry Storm, it shows in the Options > Advanced Options > Applications... but i can't find it any other place so i can RUN it..?? Its not in Menu > Downloads, Menu > Applications, or even Menu > Application Center (Even after refreshing).

Anyone know what maybe going on? When i installed this on a Nokia E61i i got a Gmail icon on the front screen.

I have the latest version: 2.0.7

Thanks
    Could it be hidden by any chance? Go to Menu, Show All, and see if it pops up in your home screen or other folders.
    01-09-09 01:45 AM
    Works perfectly for me. Just make sure you are reallyyyy entering it in correctly. BC there is always a chance you can do it WRONG a multiple times and be certain it was done right.

Good luck with it.
    01-09-09 02:16 AM
    I have exactly same issue. I have tried 8 times. It says enter correct password and text from box below. I do that and it asks me again as if it's wrong again.

As for those who can't find the app-installer- it downloaded into the Downloads folder on my Storm.
    Hope this gets resolved.

Has anyone encountered the following issue?

After having installed the gmail app from Google, everytime I attempt to log in to my gmail, the app prompts that I am entering the wrong password for my email account, even though I am certain i am entering the correct password.
    01-11-09 07:34 PM
    I used it for a while OK... but then I just added the email account for BB. That is SO much easier and there is no need to constantly log on.
    01-12-09 04:16 PM
    Gmail app works fine for me. That being said I only use it when i need access to my contacts only found on my gmail account. other than that i use the email set up through my BB
    01-12-09 04:34 PM
    ok.. so i have my gmail set up to come to my bb.. thru the bis and it works fine.. do i even need the gmail app on my phone?
    01-12-09 08:27 PM
    ok.. so i have my gmail set up to come to my bb.. thru the bis and it works fine.. do i even need the gmail app on my phone?
    nope just delete it and save the hassle
    01-13-09 07:33 AM
    ok thanks.. but i ahve to ask? which is better? email thru the gmail app or email thru setting it up via bis??? is one better than the other?
    thanks, btw.
    01-13-09 04:22 PM
    I find the gmail app, and my email through BIS annoying.

Gmail: I like the interface, and icon on the gmail app better, but it won't allow me to attach images, etc..

Gmail through BIS: the interface is decen. It allows attachments and view emails in html (beneficial at times an annoying other times). My main challenge is that I have a lot of crap filtered into folders on gmail - like deals, newsletters, etc - that I do not want in my main folder. BIS shows them all, and in addition sends me a copy email when I send emails from my phone.

Is there a better solution out there? Am I able to change the settings and not seeing it?
    01-13-09 05:03 PM
    Vince,

I also have had both, but I finally dropped the Gmail app. In BIS you can set up filters. To make it so you don't get the emails you send, setup a filter to filter out emails sent by you. You can probable use these to filter out other annoying emails that you don't want to get on your BB.

L8tr.......................
    01-14-09 02:31 PM
    I just ordered a Storm. Is BIS not able to distinguish between mail that GMAIL automatically filters into "Spam", and mail that goes into "Inbox"?
    01-14-09 02:39 PM
    so far, the spam is not coming to me.. but i am getting all the mail for the folders that i have and i don't want them.. i just usually delete 'on handheld' those items and figure i'll deal with them later..
    i think i'm leaning towards deleting the gmail app because the other does seem better! thanks for help and advice on this!
    01-14-09 04:46 PM
    ok.. spoke too soon... i just went in to delete the gmail app and i have 'gmail' listed under options-advanced options-applications but that's it... is that it? is that what i delete? am i correct that deleting 'gmail' under the applications is not going to delete the gmail setup thru bis? just making sure before i go ahead and screw it all up!
    01-14-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD