I'm so tempted to overpay for a Bold out of contract and sell my Curve.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my Curve and it's *almost* perfect. But I really, really love the idea of 3g, especially the ability to do simultaneous data and voice. I rely heavily on email which I can't get while talking on the phone, which is several hours a day. Plus I would love to have both wifi and gps together.

I know...it's my decision. Guess I'm just thinking out loud or looking for reasons to wait a full year longer. Thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 11:46 AM
    It's your money, do what you want with it.
    01-07-09 11:47 AM
    Yep, if you have the means to get it, go for it. You only live once...
    01-07-09 11:47 AM
    Stop dont do it! No just kidding if you rely that heavily on email do it.
    01-07-09 11:49 AM
    Define "Overpay".

If it costs 500+ to buy a bold outright

And you sell your curve for $200

Then you technically got your Bold for 300

Thats like contract/upgrade price lol!
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-07-09 at 11:51 AM.
    01-07-09 11:49 AM
    Haha, Prada. Always thinking you are...
    01-07-09 11:50 AM
    Always !!!
    01-07-09 12:00 PM
    id stop you but couldnt because i bought mine out of contract...i have no regrets i love the thing
    01-07-09 12:01 PM
    I like Prada's thinking... But seriously, the Bold is so awesome that very few words can describe it, so I'll stick with awesome.

p.s. contracts were made to be broken.
    01-07-09 12:02 PM
    don't do it! use your money wisely! i would not buy a newer phone at retail if my current phone is working fine. use it for bills, something else you NEED or donate it to charity!

just my opinion since you want someone to stop you!

Deferred gratification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i suggest:
    https://secure.hsus.org/01/makeadona..._source=gabam3
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-07-09 at 12:10 PM.
    01-07-09 12:06 PM
    Get it. The Bold is worth the money.

01-07-09 12:10 PM
    I have had my curve since March 08, returned it twice cause of trackball issues, This time it wont stop rebooting I called ATT got a great tech person and she sais since I have had so many issues with my curve (which I absolutely loved anyway) as a curtisy they would send me another phone I said it had to be a blackberry, she asked if I wanted the bold. I said yes without doing any real research, so this was a good deal for me I guess? Sorry to hijack your thread but it looks like the bold is as good if not better then the curve?
    01-07-09 01:39 PM
    Wow thats full of awesome!

You got lucky!
    01-07-09 01:45 PM
    I have had my curve since March 08, returned it twice cause of trackball issues, This time it wont stop rebooting I called ATT got a great tech person and she sais since I have had so many issues with my curve (which I absolutely loved anyway) as a curtisy they would send me another phone I said it had to be a blackberry, she asked if I wanted the bold. I said yes without doing any real research, so this was a good deal for me I guess? Sorry to hijack your thread but it looks like the bold is as good if not better then the curve?
    Hey...sounds good to me...you definitely got off lucky
    01-07-09 01:59 PM
    I say go for it.

I was ready to shill out full boat for my Bold (I was only 10 months in to my 24 month contract), but ended up walking out with the 'new activation' price or whatever it's called of $299 after rebate.

Of course I had to sign up for 2 more years, but meh, I've been with them for 10 already.

-m
    01-07-09 01:59 PM
    Yeah I think you should go for it! Spend the money it is for a good cause, you're just feeding your addiction which is awesome! and it fits your lifestyle being that you rely on email and all.. GO FOR IT!
    01-07-09 02:45 PM
    It's looking like you should go for it...
    01-07-09 02:47 PM
    I think you should just let us know when you get that brand new Bold... LoL

I know I overpaid for my Bold but do I care?... I think not... I had my curve since 1/11/08 and sold it on 1/2/09 for $300 to go and buy a Bold half an hour later for $680 (no contracts involved) I don't think I could have made a better choice IMHO... The Bold has not gone more than 3ft away from me within the past 5 days... The screen/keyboard alone will make it all worth it...
    01-07-09 02:52 PM
    I own a Bold and it is a Curve on Steroids. You will love it.
    01-07-09 02:58 PM
    I think the bold and you are meant to be lol. Go for it once again as I stated before

01-07-09 03:12 PM
    Yep, it's looking like the "go for it"s are winning out. I'm just going to have to start looking for the best deal, I guess.

BTW, does the charging pod for the Curve also work for the Bold? I just bought two recently and would love to continue using them.

Thanks!
    01-07-09 08:35 PM
    I'm so tempted to overpay for a Bold out of contract and sell my Curve.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my Curve and it's *almost* perfect. But I really, really love the idea of 3g, especially the ability to do simultaneous data and voice. I rely heavily on email which I can't get while talking on the phone, which is several hours a day. Plus I would love to have both wifi and gps together.

I know...it's my decision. Guess I'm just thinking out loud or looking for reasons to wait a full year longer. Thoughts?

Uh, I always say patience is indeed a virtue. I would probably wait for the new goodies that are sure to come out on RIM. The forthcoming BBs are looking amazing on paper.
    01-07-09 08:38 PM
    Uh, I always say patience is indeed a virtue. I would probably wait for the new goodies that are sure to come out on RIM. The forthcoming BBs are looking amazing on paper.
    Yeah, I try, but I just have some many compelling reasons to switch. The new Curve 8900 isn't going to be 3g it looks like, so that pretty much rules it out for me. But if there are some other ones on the horizon, I'm all ears...
    01-07-09 08:42 PM
    It may not hurt as much now to overpay for the Bold because it's the best BlackBerry out at the moment. If another one comes out that's better, or the price of the Bold has all kinds of discounts and rebates months from now, it may kind of sting a little.

01-07-09 08:53 PM
    Call me odd, I want the 8900 Curve more than any other BlackBerry out right now...
    01-07-09 08:54 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD