I posted a bit yesterday about my Storm being able to run Nav, BT, browser, facebook app, and music with only 7mb free memory. Dropped to 410kb at one point but Storm still responded to every command, just maybe a bit slower.
    This morning at 3.5 mb and no issues

So given i've heard that around 10-12 mb things start acting funky what do you think is up with my Storm? BTW I loaded Capture It to take a screenshot but not clear where the screen shot gets saved so I can attach it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 08:34 AM
    Dude, like totally let me take a stab at it since no one else is chiming in!

Even though I've heard over and over again that the amount of free application memory does matter with regard to performance, you my friend, seem to have one awesome Storm!

BT, music, browser, facebook, Nav running flawlessly on just 7.2mb of free memory! That's crazzy! Seems your Storm actually is running on some "crack-berry juice"!
    01-07-09 11:53 AM
    Dude, like totally thanks for chiming in. No response in hours and seems like it is no big deal my Storm runs flawlessly on miniscule amounts of free memory!

I just wish someone could tell me where to find my CaptureIt screenshots so I can post up proof.

Would you believe it's down to 1.6mb as I type and no problems?
    01-07-09 11:56 AM
    1.6 mb of free memory and running fine! Totally inexplicable! That is one fine Storm you got there buddy!

01-07-09 12:01 PM
    Dude, like totally let me take a stab at it since no one else is chiming in!

Even though I've heard over and over again that the amount of free application memory does matter with regard to performance, you my friend, seem to have one awesome Storm!

BT, music, browser, facebook, Nav running flawlessly on just 7.2mb of free memory! That's crazzy! Seems your Storm actually is running on some "crack-berry juice"!
    be careful as to how highly u speak of your Storm, lol, mine has been perfect since i got it until i started "over-glorifying" it! i got jinxed or something, lol.... literally minutes after explaining to the 3rd person of the day how wonderful my Storm is.... it gave up on me!! shut down on me 3x in a matter of minutes.... did like 5 battery pulls.... anyway, its fine now but certain things are still not working & i am very dissappointed
    01-07-09 12:07 PM
    OMGZ, NO WAY! Proof!
    01-07-09 12:16 PM
    Dude, like totally thanks for chiming in. No response in hours and seems like it is no big deal my Storm runs flawlessly on miniscule amounts of free memory!

I just wish someone could tell me where to find my CaptureIt screenshots so I can post up proof.

Would you believe it's down to 1.6mb as I type and no problems?
    I believe it. Why not.
    01-07-09 12:17 PM
    Yeah I'm a little high on the Storm crack berry right now. Just got back from a 10 day, 2000+ mile trip where my Storm served me very well and return to find out mine can run normally on just fumes! I realize it can all come crashing down one day but enjoying the ride!

Really just want to know from more experienced people if running on such low memory is notable?

01-07-09 12:20 PM
    my memory doesnt drop below 35mb even with heavy use
    01-07-09 02:45 PM
    I hammer my Storm everyday. I have 2 teenage girls and texting is the only way they will talk to me! Along with the Calendering, browsing and constant emailing (Have 2 email accounts coming to my Storm).
    I have not seen my memory go below 25MB so my hat is off to you and your Storm. I hope it continues for you.
    I love the Crackberry Juice!
    01-07-09 03:36 PM
    Passtheflask, hop head...feeling some kindred spirit (no pun intended) among my crack berry brethren.

BTW been hovering from 0.0kb to low 3's all day and not one hiccup.
    Last edited by backinblack--berry; 01-07-09 at 03:46 PM.
    01-07-09 03:41 PM
    I posted a bit yesterday about my Storm being able to run Nav, BT, browser, facebook app, and music with only 7mb free memory. Dropped to 410kb at one point but Storm still responded to every command, just maybe a bit slower.
    This morning at 3.5 mb and no issues

So given i've heard that around 10-12 mb things start acting funky what do you think is up with my Storm? BTW I loaded Capture It to take a screenshot but not clear where the screen shot gets saved so I can attach it?

I don't have a storm yet, but I'm getting one soon. When you say that you had all those apps running, do you mean actively open, or like pressing "Close" from the BB menu when your done using it, and just them sitting on the phone?
    01-26-09 07:53 PM
    Ok newbie question....where do you look to find out how much memory is being used? Is it under options -> memory -> application memory?
    01-26-09 07:59 PM
    Ok newbie question....where do you look to find out how much memory is being used? Is it under options -> memory -> application memory?
    Yes it is.
    01-26-09 08:09 PM
    Video or it never happened...
    01-26-09 08:11 PM
    The Capture It screenshots will show up in the media application, just select 'all picturea' to be on the safe side.

01-26-09 08:56 PM
    Media/Explore/...It usually ends up in Media Card for me, but I guess it could be in one of the other two folders - sniff around. I could not find out how to redirect it. Also, a trick folks are using to show their home screens: temporarily wire him to one of your convenience keys.

Doctor Neutron
    01-26-09 11:09 PM
    I've been keeping a close eye on my memory on the storm. I do a battery pull at the end of everyday. I started doing this because midway through my second day WITHOUT a pull the storm got down to 10MB or so of free space and would not respond. It takes about 30 seconds for it to snap back to life. (Which feels like an eternity if you're trying to type!!!)
    01-26-09 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD