Seeing that I've got no replies on 81xx forum, I thought I'd re-post it here. Hope that's OK.

I've upgraded my 8110 about 10 days ago. I've noticed few differences so far:

1 - BrickBreaker doesn't lock up the phone anymore (had to Mute it on .81 to avoid it).
    2 - Battery drains may be just a bit faster, anywhere from 10 to 15% if I were to guess.
    3 - I see some intermittent lag moving the cursor with the trackball on the main screen.

If you've upgraded recently, what's your experience's been so far? Thanks.
    01-06-09 07:45 PM
    My experience has been a nightmare. My device camera does not work, I lost my pre-loaded pictures. I even wrote to AT&T and Blackberry and they did not helped me at all. The option I was given was to buy another phone.
    01-29-09 09:19 AM
    Haven't ever bothered to UG to .110, found .81 so stable, no memory or battery issues. So, can't comment on .110, but can vouch for .81...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 09:30 AM
    I just upgraded my BB to the 4.5.0.110 and other than the loss of the original 4.2 wallpapers (which I found on another blog and got a link to download and install) I have had no complaints thus far. The camera works great, the internet is still quick. The only slight glitch was I had to reset all of my main screen preferences and I was instructed to be sure I upgraded my desktop manager before I attempted to upgrade the BB itself....which I did.

Some of the pics that I restored were a little different than the original so I would still be interested in seeing if anyone has all of the original wallpapers for downloading
    02-12-09 02:44 PM
    how do you go about upgrading OS's??? I'm afraid I'd screw something up....
    02-12-09 10:51 PM
    bigrelldawg18, I suggest scanning these forums and this site on upgrade instructions. I personally wouldn't recommend it if you aren't comfortable with phone OS upgrades.

Here's my report having used the new version for a while. 4.5.0.110 didn't work well for me. In addition to all issues I've mentioned earlier, I was also experiencing sporadic phone shutdowns. That was the issue that concerned me the most. I did have few shutdowns like that on 4.5.0.81 too but they were much, much less frequent.

So, I decide to dump 4.5.0.110 in favor of 4.5.0.124 beta that was posted on these forums. I thought if 4.5.0.124 didn't work for me either, I'd just go back to 4.5.0.81. I'm happy to report that 4.5.0.124 is the most stable OS version I've ever used. Batter life is absolutely great, phone menu is fast again and most importantly, it doesn't lock up anymore. I also get available space around 28Mb+. I highly recommend it.

HTH.
    03-14-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD