Hey guys. I'm trying to add my Verizon friend who has a Storm as a contact on Messenger and it says Pending, and then it sends a message to me asking if I want to add myself as a contact. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    01-06-09 03:02 PM
    Yeah that doesn't make very much sense. If your friend giving you the correct PIN?
    01-06-09 03:49 PM
    what i've found to be the easiest way to add is have him/her send you an email typing out "mypin " with the space afterwards. once they hit the space their pin will show up ie. pin: 30519A6B all underlined. Have your friends try that. then you just have to copy and paste in the request bar. hope this helps.
    01-06-09 03:58 PM
    Hey guys. I'm trying to add my Verizon friend who has a Storm as a contact on Messenger and it says Pending, and then it sends a message to me asking if I want to add myself as a contact. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Just a quick question...you have a data plan on your Bold? I know that if a data plan isn't present on the phone then it will act a little funny...
    01-06-09 04:03 PM
    My Storm did the same thing the first couple of times that I tried to add buddies who were on AT&T BlackBerries. Unfortunately, I don't really have a solid solution for you - I declined myself as a buddy a couple of times and had to re-request one of my friends after she said she had already accepted, but eventually the problem resolved itself and has not returned.
    01-06-09 04:11 PM
    Just a quick question...you have a data plan on your Bold? I know that if a data plan isn't present on the phone then it will act a little funny...
    Not only will it act funny, it won't act at all! If the OP doesn't have a data plan then know way you can use BBM.
    01-06-09 04:12 PM
    The only time that I ever ran into that problem was when I tried adding my sister to BBM... Lo and behold, she didn't have a data plan. There's your problem. Or a bad PIN... And if you're getting a request to add 'yourself as a contact' it kind of sounds like you're putting in your PIN. I don't know...
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 01-06-09 at 04:16 PM. Reason: -needed an extra ingredient...
    01-06-09 04:15 PM
    The only time that I ever ran into that problem was when I tried adding my sister to BBM... Lo and behold, she didn't have a data plan. There's your problem. Or a bad PIN... And if you're getting a request to add 'yourself as a contact' it kind of sounds like you're putting in your PIN. I don't know...
    Totally off topic but your avatar is GREAT, and I mean GREAT!
    01-07-09 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD