I got a replacement phone today and it's been great. Screen clicks a lot better (Which is why I replaced it in the first place). My only qualm is a small oval shaped bubble on the screen in between the bottom of the screen and the darker part. It looks like a bubble you'd have if you have a screen protector on your phone, but I didnt put any cover on the screen. I've tried smoothing it out, no dice. What gives?
    01-05-09 11:16 PM
    Are you sure it doesn't have verizons factory screen protector on it.
    It's just a thin piece of plastic, put on for shipping purposes
    01-05-09 11:18 PM
    The phone comes with a cover on it, make sure that's off..

Otherwise, I have no idea
    01-05-09 11:19 PM
    Had a bubble on mine too...but discovered it was the factory screen protection, like the previous post said. It was so clear, I couldn't tell.
    01-05-09 11:20 PM
    yep, take the cover off.
    01-05-09 11:23 PM
    The covers are clearly there so I'm 99% sure I took them all off. The one right by that part of the screen had the "Menu Key" and "Escape Key" text on it so it was clearly marked. There really doesnt look like theres any wrap on it at all.
    01-05-09 11:29 PM
    Should the Screen Protection (on my Storm) be left on or pulled off?
    01-05-09 11:31 PM
    Ok.... Keep it on... just press the bubble out... They ship with TWO covers... the lame opaque clear one.. and a really nice one..

I installed nice screen protector on mine... and the cradle and holster caused it to be ripped off.. I have 0 now...
    01-05-09 11:31 PM
    Ok so I just started peeling it off...and beneath it there was a grid of dots...did I just try to peel off a main part of my screen?
    01-05-09 11:32 PM
    The covers are clearly there so I'm 99% sure I took them all off. The one right by that part of the screen had the "Menu Key" and "Escape Key" text on it so it was clearly marked. There really doesnt look like theres any wrap on it at all.
    The one with "Menu Key" is only a half cover... there's a full screen cover under it... did you remove that one?
    01-05-09 11:34 PM
    Listen to everyone dude..it took a corner of my fake nail to lift up a VERY CLEAR cover on the screen because I was experiencing the same bubble and I just couldn't let it go. Just leave it on and save your screen for as long as you can.
    Ok so I just started peeling it off...and beneath it there was a grid of dots...did I just try to peel off a main part of my screen?
    your fine, thats how it is supposed to be.
    The grid dots are normal. You really don't notice them unless you are looking closely.
    01-05-09 11:35 PM
    your fine, thats how it is supposed to be.
    You're sure? My last screen didnt have the dots. Not questioning your knowledge, I just didnt see any grids last time. I didnt pull off a part of the screen thats needed or anything?
    01-05-09 11:35 PM
    I wouldn't leave on Verizons film.. seeing as it's for shipping reasons. I'd just buy some good screen protectors. I wouldn't trust that film, at all
    01-05-09 11:36 PM
    No you are fine. These phones are shipped with a sort of screen protector. It's a little thicker and less flexible than a normal screen protector.

When you see the dots- you are at bare screen. I'd get it covered. just to be on the safe side.

VZW sells a kit that has like 3 of them in a pack for $9 and change.

or you can invest in something like Invisible Shield. I am still learning about the different brands- and their pros and cons.
    01-05-09 11:36 PM
    You're sure? My last screen didnt have the dots. Not questioning your knowledge, I just didnt see any grids last time. I didnt pull off a part of the screen thats needed or anything?
    I take it you're seeing the dots when the screen is off/black right? Very very small, still smooth to the touch? you're fine.
    01-05-09 11:37 PM
    no you didn't, mine has the dots also, it's a grid to measure capacitance.
    01-05-09 11:37 PM
    Just took it off. Thanks a lot guys. I have 1 more screen protector from the pack of 3 from VZW I originally bought. I may put that on my phone, but I'm also thinking of buying IS to cover my phone completely. Any real difference between VZW protector and IS protector minus the orange peel? I'm mainly looking to buy IS to protect the rest of my phone.
    01-05-09 11:42 PM
    Here's a good and recently active thread for IS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bes...tector-128682/
    01-06-09 12:28 AM
    Well I have had the factory protector on for over a month not bothering me at all.
    01-06-09 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD