01-05-09 07:18 PM
    Now I just need to wait for AT&T to release the 8900.
    01-05-09 07:27 PM
    ALL BLACK 8900! Oh man, ok I'm going 8900 hunting. I'll have one by the end of the week.
    01-05-09 08:27 PM
    yea the black bezel is something serious
    01-05-09 09:24 PM
    anyone noticed that there is a difference between the current chrome black one from the old pix on cnn.cn before? the old pix used to be a somewhat un-painted one which i think was better. i want to get it but i hope someone who got it post a pic first. or will i be the first one here to get it?

btw the price dropped from 18.99 to 13.99 which is nice.
    01-05-09 09:38 PM
    So we're gonna need the T6 screwdriver right?
    01-05-09 09:58 PM
    I'd be really tempted by this, do you think they send to the uk? I love the chrome look but I can see signs of it chippin already and only had it a few weeks. Is it easy to change?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:54 AM
    i bought the bezel .. waiting for it in the mail.. along with the T6 screw driver and case opener...

it doesn't look too hard to take it apart... the top cover where the earpiece mesh is just comes right off.. i just took it off..

the only hard part is to take the antenna wire off.. but i don;t think that is necessary to just change the front bezel.. as from the looks of the video that antenna wire is connected to the board and not the bezel.. i dont see why it would be connected to the bezel..

i shall take pics etc once i get it on.. ; > i am just worried about removing that void warranty sticker and not ruining it so i can put it back on.. ; >
    01-06-09 12:10 PM
    I ordered mine! Soon my 8900 will lose its 'bling chin'!
    01-06-09 02:27 PM
    Mines going to have alittle more wear and tear before I crack open a new phone.
    01-06-09 02:40 PM
    i ordered too, didnt pay extra for faster shipping though.
    01-06-09 03:36 PM
    You guys will love your stealthed out curve as I do with all black bold including the trackball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 03:40 PM
    i bought the bezel .. waiting for it in the mail.. along with the T6 screw driver and case opener...

it doesn't look too hard to take it apart... the top cover where the earpiece mesh is just comes right off.. i just took it off..

the only hard part is to take the antenna wire off.. but i don;t think that is necessary to just change the front bezel.. as from the looks of the video that antenna wire is connected to the board and not the bezel.. i dont see why it would be connected to the bezel..

i shall take pics etc once i get it on.. ; > i am just worried about removing that void warranty sticker and not ruining it so i can put it back on.. ; >
    what video are you talking about?
    01-06-09 04:32 PM
    I've been trying to find a good picture of the black bezel on the 8900 but couldn't find one but bit the bullet and ordered it anyway.. I ordered the bezel yesterday and according to Fedex should be delivered tomorrow. Once I change out the bezel I'll post up some pics of the finished product
    01-07-09 10:15 AM
    Wow, you guys order from a company in China with a post box office address in HK only? Courageous.
    01-07-09 10:39 AM
    For those of you that do manage to change the bezel with relative ease, would you mind posting a mini how-to/steps on the procedure? I think this would be of great use to others that may not be so brave to crack open their.. well.. their CrackBerry (please forgive the pun)
    01-07-09 10:40 AM
    This voids warranty, right?
    01-07-09 10:50 AM
    yes this will void your 1 year warranty though the carrier and RIM

wonder if it will look as sick as my blacked out bold?

doubt it
    01-07-09 11:01 AM
    Wow, you guys order from a company in China with a post box office address in HK only? Courageous.
    I, along with many others here, have ordered from them before with great results.

My black bezel is on the way.
    01-07-09 11:07 AM
    this company is legit and have ordered many times from cnn
    01-07-09 11:11 AM
    yes this will void your 1 year warranty though the carrier and RIM

wonder if it will look as sick as my blacked out bold?

doubt it
    Alright I'll give it up. The Bold looks really good "blacked out" like that.

I'm finally actually starting to worry that AT&T has decided to skip the 8900 and wait for the 9220 with all the recent news coming out. Especially now that T-mobile is actually listed on the North American Blackberry site and AT&T still isn't. Maybe AT&T will still quietly release the 8900 before I am due to return the Bold but I'm not so optimistic anymore.

Anyway, that blacked out bold really has me thinking so thanks for sharing. If I can ever get used to this darn keyboard ...
    01-07-09 12:22 PM
    Alright I'll give it up. The Bold looks really good "blacked out" like that.

I'm finally actually starting to worry that AT&T has decided to skip the 8900 and wait for the 9220 with all the recent news coming out. Especially now that T-mobile is actually listed on the North American Blackberry site and AT&T still isn't. Maybe AT&T will still quietly release the 8900 before I am due to return the Bold but I'm not so optimistic anymore.

Anyway, that blacked out bold really has me thinking so thanks for sharing. If I can ever get used to this darn keyboard ...
    no problem with sharing my photo. I was waiting for the 8900 months back but ended up getting the bold before thanksgiving. I'm glad I did. The 8900 feels small now compared to the perfect sized bold. I couldn't imagine ever using a EDGE phone again.
    01-07-09 12:55 PM
    I, along with many others here, have ordered from them before with great results.

My black bezel is on the way.
    This site is Great!! i order alot of phone parts from them
    01-07-09 01:23 PM
    cnn.cn is legit, I've ordered from them many times before. I ended up ordering a black bezel from them, the "murdered" out or blacked out look looks best. I was hoping Colorware had the 8900 up on their website already
    01-07-09 01:29 PM
    I'll swear by cnn.cn myself. Ordered a replacement 8310 lens, came within the time they said it would, and they even went back and issued a partial refund because I forgot the code for 15% discount at checkout. The guys are legit and awesome.
    01-07-09 02:02 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD