the facebook icon at the top continues to stay there even though i cant find any notifications, i think ive looked everywhere and tried turning it off and battery pull and its still there... anyone else have this problem?
    01-05-09 04:39 PM
    Try opening the fb app and hit the bb key and select mark prior read. If that doesn't fix it hit the bb key and select delete prior. If that doesn't work re install the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 05:22 PM
    Tifosa - where is the bb key?
    08-01-10 12:41 PM
    I'm having this same issue today. Have tried a battery pull, reinstalling...nothing seems to work. Opened the fb app, but didn't see where it says to delete prior.
    11-10-10 09:04 AM
    Somehow I accidentally found "Delete prior". It worked! Thanks for the tip.
    11-10-10 09:24 AM
    The same thing happened to me when I first installed v1.9...
    While within the FaceBook app, hit the BB menu key and select go to mobile site. You should be able to see any unread messages there and can mark them as read. Then back out and refresh the FaceBook app, and the notification icon should be gone. There seems to be a problem with messages that have been marked read showing up again as unread for some reason, and it always seems to be random messages throughout the list.

HTH.
    11-10-10 09:28 AM
    Somehow I accidentally found "Delete prior". It worked! Thanks for the tip.
    im also having the same problem i have the notification but could not find anywhere hey how can i get rid of it plz help thanks in advance
    11-10-10 09:29 AM
    Tifosa - where is the bb key?
    The bb key is the Blackberry key / Menu button / Skittles key. It is located to the right of your green call button. It looks like a button with a bunch of dots on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Madbrad. I was going bonkers trying to figure out why that icon was showing. What happened to beta testing your product lol

The same thing happened to me when I first installed v1.9...
    While within the FaceBook app, hit the BB menu key and select go to mobile site. You should be able to see any unread messages there and can mark them as read. Then back out and refresh the FaceBook app, and the notification icon should be gone. There seems to be a problem with messages that have been marked read showing up again as unread for some reason, and it always seems to be random messages throughout the list.

HTH.
    11-10-10 10:02 PM
    I had the same problem after downloading version 1.9.0.20. I pulled the battery numerous times and re-installed the app. Opened Notifications and Messages in the application and chose "Mark As Opened" numerous times. None of these things worked. The notification has disappeared, though, and I'm not even sure what did it. I noticed it had disappeared after I had been in the messages folder opening random messages. It seems as though the application was not recognizing one of the messages as read, even though they all appeared marked as read.

My best guess:

1. Open Facebook application on your device.

2. Click on Messages icon at the top of the screen.

3. Start at the top of the list and open each message until you notice the notification is no longer on your home screen.

Good luck! This was annoying.
    11-10-10 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD