I downloaded 4.5 to my Sprint 8330. When I receive HTML mail the scrip is loading fine with color etc but I am not receiving the pictures thats within the email.

Example I get the daily news from my local news station and there logo does not apprear. There is a box with 700X600 inside the box. Is there a setting I should turn on to make the logos / pictures appear?

Thanks for any and all help with this.
    01-05-09 05:44 AM
    From your messages box hit menu key and select options > email settinga and set enable html email to yes and download images automatically also to yes.

You will find though that when receiving an email you will often have to hit menu key and select 'get images'.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 05:53 AM

You will find though that when receiving an email you will often have to hit menu key and select 'get images'.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yep, I still have to hit "get images" everytime for some reason.
    01-05-09 08:00 AM
    I just loaded 4.5 on my 8300 and I don't have the html option?! I do have BBSmart loaded from before. Does that conflict. Am I missing something?
    01-06-09 04:10 PM
    I just loaded 4.5 on my 8300 and I don't have the html option?! I do have BBSmart loaded from before. Does that conflict. Am I missing something?
    Yeah, I had BBSmart loaded, too. It started to lock up my phone when I would open email, I think because of a conflict between the 4.5 HTML and the BBSmart HTML.
    I would recommend deleting BBSmart, go to the BIS website (BlackBerry Internet Service), and sending your service books once or twice. After that, do a battery pull and you should be good to go. If sending your service books doesn't work, keep doing it...I think I had to do it 3 or 4 times and a few battery pulls mixed in before HTML finally started working.

You'll have to prompt it to "get images" for each email. For better or worse, that's a security feature that RIM built in to 4.5

Good luck! The HTML email in 4.5 is soooo much better that BBSmart, and it's worth the effort.
    01-06-09 04:40 PM
    There is known conflict with BB smart and Empower pro when running 4.5
    01-06-09 04:42 PM
    There is known conflict with BB smart and Empower pro when running 4.5
    I didn't know that until after I installed 4.5. I figured HTML wasn't working, so I kept BBSmart and then learned the hard way about the conflict.
    01-06-09 04:45 PM
    Those images aren't loading because they aren't really embedded in the email. They are linked from a different location. It will never load them automatically unless they are embedded. This has been answered a few times before.
    01-06-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD