I am new to BB and I am rather dum to the text thing. How do I text?
    01-03-09 05:27 PM
    go to messages, click on the menu button, choose compose sms text, choose the person to send it to, type your message, press send
    01-03-09 05:33 PM
    from the messages icon hit menu > compose sms and then select who you want to text to. from the address book scroll to the contact hit menu > compose sms
    01-03-09 05:33 PM
    Or, address book, scroll to name, menu key SMS text Contacts name
    01-03-09 05:38 PM
    not to be anal retentive but why do you have a blackberry if you dont know how to text? Again, this is just for my own curiosity.
    01-03-09 05:42 PM
    Well, could be a new thing how to on the BB, or the OP is getting savvy and wants to learn how.
    01-03-09 05:55 PM
    not to be anal retentive but why do you have a blackberry if you dont know how to text? Again, this is just for my own curiosity.
    how did you get started ? like i said I'm new to the BB
    01-03-09 06:07 PM
    how did you get started ? like i said I'm new to the BB
    as you can see from my number of post, i am also new to blackberry. But please, dont take my post the wrong way, i was simply asking a question that came to my mind while reading your post. I found the operating system pretty intuitive. My thoughts are "when in doubt, press the menu key". Sorry if i offended you.
    01-03-09 06:22 PM
    as you can see from my number of post, i am also new to blackberry. But please, dont take my post the wrong way, i was simply asking a question that came to my mind while reading your post. I found the operating system pretty intuitive. My thoughts are "when in doubt, press the menu key". Sorry if i offended you.
    I wanna give you a gold star for how polite your reply was...lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 07:10 PM

Yeah I was suprised with the nice response too lol
    01-03-09 07:12 PM

I think it is due to the Crackberry Resolution by Kevin. Everyone is trying to be a bit more nice. Before, this would have been a slam fest.

OP, are you still confused about how to text? Rachel gave you a fairly easy way to send SMS which is the same thing as text. Perhaps, this is what threw you off.
    01-03-09 07:16 PM
    Also, let us know if you have a Pearl. It uses SureType and we can give you some tips on using SureType easier.

01-03-09 07:21 PM
    For those on WAP, OP has an 8350i with sprint/nextel

01-03-09 07:23 PM
    For those on WAP, OP has an 8350i with sprint/nextel

Lol thank you Rachel. I keep forgetting that as nice as the CB WAP site is, is does leave a little bit out : p

01-03-09 07:31 PM

I have been texting for years dude . I could text my **** off on my other phone . I have tried using the MMS and it tells me that I can only save the text as a draft . I haven't been able to do anything with SMS . I'm really not that stupid on figuring stuff out ... but this BB is kicking my **** . When my friends send me a text not only does it arrive like 3 hours later but I get no notice other then the led light bleaking .
    01-04-09 10:00 AM
    Check your profile. You should hear something as well when a new message arrives.

01-04-09 07:18 PM
    Cause he does, duh

When you have to explain why u are asking a Q? Excuse yourself before the statement prob shouldn't

01-04-09 11:18 PM
    You'll need to go in and set up your ringer and notification profiles under profiles>advanced>and then you can add tones, vibes, rings and whatever else you want in there. Have fun and make it sing!

01-04-09 11:36 PM
    I use my thumbs... (that's not supposed to be mean or anything...) It's a joke. Haha! I was basically in the same boat. I came from WindowsMobile and everything looks radically different. Plus, I'm not good with written instruction booklets...
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 01-05-09 at 04:53 PM. Reason: -needed an additional ingredient...
    01-05-09 04:50 PM
    Cause he does, duh

When you have to explain why u are asking a Q? Excuse yourself before the statement prob shouldn't

Get em Coach.
    01-05-09 07:06 PM
    I don't have one, but wasn't texting a little different on the 8350i?

I thought I read something about everything going through as MMS. I could be wrong. And to the OP there's some pieces of information in the 83xx forums in threads about 8350i that may help you get it working as you want it to. I don't know how far along Sprint/Nextel is in getting everything working smoothly on there.
    01-05-09 08:08 PM
    ....I have tried using the MMS and it tells me that I can only save the text as a draft . I haven't been able to do anything with SMS .
    Ok so I may know why you can only save your MMS as a draft. Before I upgraded my OS for my Alltel pearl when I selected MMS I could only save as a draft because Alltel didn't allow for MMS at that point in time. And from what I understood it was the Alltel pearl and any sprint BB that did not have the MMS capabilities. So your issue with your MMS on your BB is more than likely that you don't have it, that sprint doesn't have the service books to make MMS available on their bb's. I could be wrong and is I am someone please correct me because that may have changed by now... But I haven't heard anything yet so I'm assuming that is still the case and why your having issues when trying to send MMS messages.

Now when you say you haven't been able to do anything with your SMS I guess I'm confused as to what exactly you mean by that? Meaning you can't send them either or what? I'm sorry that part confused me a little bit is all. Possibly you could try resending your service books and are if that solves your issue with it taking so long to receive your messages. Easiest way to do this is options>advanced>host routing tables>menu(the berry button next to the trackball)>register. It should send you a registration message and this may fix your issue there. However, unless I am wrong about MMS with sprint I think you may just be out of luck in that department for the time being.

01-06-09 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD