were to announce the iphone nano or a new iphone with a better camera, slide out keyboard, better battery, and of course, wifi?

just curious since macworld is around the corner.

FWIW-I will most likely return my phone if a new iphone is announced that just builds on the current 3g one--i love the appstore and don't think i can wait 12 months (yes, a fully developed one like apple offers will take this long (if it ever gets to be as comprehensive))

i just hate att
    01-03-09 03:03 PM
    and yes, we have until Jan 15th to return our storms (regardless of when you bought it)
    01-03-09 03:05 PM
    But you left off Ofiice integration, messaging and mutiple background application operation. If the iPhone would receive an email or SMS text while I am on a call? Wow, my answer would still probably be no. I am a Blackberry snob. Mac fan boys can keep it, they are so forgiving when it comes to updates; how many have there been now for bug fixes? And people in this forum are angry that RIM has released only one official update since the Storm's release?

I can switch to the Browser and post to this forum while the Turn-by-Turn Garmin voice directs me to my destination (of course my wife is driving) and chat on G-talk. Steve Jobs won't let me do that.

My iPod has its place and it is not making and receiving calls.

I will keep my Storm and Vista, thanks.

Please. AND, yes, the iPhone would have to run on VzW's network. No AT&T-4-Me!

P E A C E
    Last edited by haymoose; 01-03-09 at 03:14 PM.
    01-03-09 03:09 PM
    A blackberry is a BB...you do not get BB Messenger on iPhone and I know more people who have BBs then iPhones or WM phones...BBs are just easier to use and more professional!
    01-03-09 03:10 PM
    Don't jump on the iphone bandwagon. I have tons of friends who has it. All said it was overrated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 03:12 PM
    U will miss the click

01-03-09 03:16 PM
    I would never got to att for the iphone.

Att is horrible company and besides verizon has the most coverage and is #1 because of their acquisition of alltel

give it a few more years and you will see cdma version of iphone for verizon and sprint and att people will be leaving in droves
    01-03-09 03:17 PM
    "Don't jump on the iphone bandwagon. I have tons of friends who have it. All said it was overrated."

This

01-03-09 03:22 PM
    U will miss the click

Lol That sums it up
    01-03-09 03:22 PM
    If Apple announced the regular iPhone was available on Verizon, I would consider a switch. Let alone a new improved one.

The deal breaker is the AT&T network.
    01-03-09 03:23 PM
    No phone would make me go to AT&T for cell coverage (lacking thereof). They have horrible coverage (non-existent where I am), worse customer service, and besides, I hate the proprietary snobbery of Apple in general.
    01-03-09 03:24 PM
    I would not.
    I like my Storm and Verizon.
    that is all
    drive thru
    01-03-09 03:26 PM
    Having just spent the better part of a week with a friend with a jesus phone, no. At the end of the week he wants a storm.

01-03-09 03:29 PM
    No way. No MMS is a huge dealbreaker. BB simply does messaging better. In every way. My iTouch is as close as I'll get.

01-03-09 03:31 PM
    first off iphone won't go to verizon. I love my Storm and verizon has always been good to me. I'll stay where I'm at.
    01-03-09 03:35 PM
    Not me! An iphone will never be a BB
    01-03-09 03:35 PM
    Rumor has iphone coming to verizon this fall read at BGR

01-03-09 03:41 PM
    But you left off Ofiice integration, messaging and mutiple background application operation. If the iPhone would receive an email or SMS text while I am on a call? Wow, my answer would still probably be no. I am a Blackberry snob. Mac fan boys can keep it, they are so forgiving when it comes to updates; how many have there been now for bug fixes? And people in this forum are angry that RIM has released only one official update since the Storm's release?

I can switch to the Browser and post to this forum while the Turn-by-Turn Garmin voice directs me to my destination (of course my wife is driving) and chat on G-talk. Steve Jobs won't let me do that.

My iPod has its place and it is not making and receiving calls.

I will keep my Storm and Vista, thanks.

Please. AND, yes, the iPhone would have to run on VzW's network. No AT&T-4-Me!

P E A C E
    Your storm can not receive an email while you are on a call, but the iPhone can. Both can receive sms as well. In fact, I can be on the iPhone and get turn by turn, the Storm can't. Why can't your storm do this? Because "It's the network". Lol, cdma 3g can not do that, but at&t's umts 3g can. With that said, I wouldn't leave my bold for the iPhone as my bold can copy and paste, mms, and has bbm (my favorite app).

01-03-09 03:41 PM
    if the iPhone went to Verizon I would. I had AT&T but could not stand the crappy service so I came back to Verizon.
    01-03-09 03:43 PM
    Custom Dictionary!!! Talk about a great feature! Iphone does not have that!
    And life without BBM just cannot exist.
    01-03-09 03:46 PM
    Definitely verizon is a better network for me. I'm new to blackberry but I'm already hooked
    No way would I switch.

01-03-09 03:46 PM
    i would never deal with AT&T again. Ive been with verizon since 2001 and i couldnt be happier. ATT has crappy service and their customer service is even far worse in my personal experience. Besides, the iphone is for kids. Who could own a phone where you cant even change out the battery? I mean, seriously.
    01-03-09 03:47 PM
    nope nope nope, never never.
    01-03-09 03:52 PM
    Assuming most of the people I talk to regularly weren't on Verizon, and I wasn't in any way contractually obligated to Verizon, I still doubt I would go with a Jesus Phone.

I'm much more of a quality over quantity person in general, so I could really care less how many apps there are for the Jesus Phone, if only a small handful are going to be in any way useful. And to help illustrate my point, exactly how many apps are there for the Jesus Phone that do nothing more than make farting noises? IIRC, The Register came up with at least 6 such apps. Then there's the infamous "I am rich" app and "iBoobs", "iBeer", and plenty of others that really don't do ANYTHING to add to the usefulness of the phone. As the number of apps for the Jesus Phone increases, finding those few useful apps gets to be even more difficult as they are drown in an ever expanding sea of utter crap.

For the most part, the bundled suite of apps for the Storm covers most of my wants and needs in a phone. I think about the only apps I've installed would be Gmail, Google Maps, Google Sync, Soft Reset, Talk Lock, and Got 2. Gmail is really just in case I need to access old messages on any of my Gmail accounts, and Got 2 is more of a convenience thing.

In the end, I'm more impressed by the Storm's ability to multitask and get things done than the Jesus Phone's showmanship. I'm also confident that, given time, the Storm will improve. Not only improve, but be able to give the Jesus Phone a run for its money in a lot of areas where the Jesus Phone reigns supreme. I don't know that it will be able to beat the Jesus Phone, but it will probably be a serious competitor.

If someone gave me a Jesus Phone and paid for the service plan, I would likely use it from time to time, but I suspect my Storm would be my primary phone. I just haven't seen anything that indicates to me that the Jesus Phone would be as good, or better, than the Storm at getting things done.
    01-03-09 03:59 PM
    Your storm can not receive an email while you are on a call, but the iPhone can. Both can receive sms as well. In fact, I can be on the iPhone and get turn by turn, the Storm can't. Why can't your storm do this? Because "It's the network". Lol, cdma 3g can not do that, but at&t's umts 3g can. With that said, I wouldn't leave my bold for the iPhone as my bold can copy and paste, mms, and has bbm (my favorite app).

Good point Jayden.

And for everybody who is bashing ATT, not every carrier is perfect. Not ATT, Verizon, T-mo or anybody. Just ask Jenaywins with all her issues with Verizon. With all that said, I never had a problem with ATT in 9 years. Reception or customer service. Plus, ATT does let me upgrade every 12 months on a new 2 year contract price. We all have our preferences on carriers and they all have their pros and cons.

01-03-09 03:59 PM
166 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD