I was at the VZW store picking up a case and a few screen protectors today, and I noticed a woman who looked like my grandmom activating her Storm. I'm not hating on the old generation, but in general, they are not very acceptive of new technology. She had no idea what Visual Voicemail was and when the employee showed her how it worked, she seemed very confused. I'm not even sure she knew how the device turned on.

We walked around the mall a little bit, and when we returned I knew she would still be in there. Sure enough, I was right. I'd love to see how that lady likes it after a few days.
    01-03-09 01:40 PM
    It is very possible that she was buying it as a gift for someone.

Ron Bernier
    Woonsocket, RI
    01-03-09 01:44 PM
    Everybody that was in line in front of me the day they went on sale...
    01-03-09 01:50 PM
    Most people who bought storms did not know what vvm was because it s new feature on the storm.

why you hatin'?
    01-03-09 01:52 PM
    Everyone on here who asks the same old questions what's a BIS what OS mean ..........what's a battery pull?
    01-03-09 01:53 PM
    She wasn't buying it as a gift. They got it shipped to them, and they brought it into the store to be activated. The lady was showing her how to use it.
    01-03-09 01:58 PM
    I think most people should own regular cell phones. Remember the kind where all they could do is just dial a number. No games, ringtones, etc. Just dial a number.

Then again most of these idiots try to drive and talk at the same time as well. Some people can pull it off, but most people slow down, swerve, etc. Put down your phone and drive you moron
    01-03-09 01:59 PM
    why does it matter to you anyway? if she wants a storm, let her buy a storm. no harm in that
    01-03-09 01:59 PM
    It doesn't really matter to me. It was just amusing. Jesus, you guys can be harsh sometimes. Just imagine your grandmother owning a Storm. I figured someone would get a kick out of that.
    01-03-09 02:00 PM
    It doesn't really matter to me. It was just amusing. Jesus, you guys can be harsh sometimes. Just imagine your grandmother owning a Storm. I figured someone would get a kick out of that.
    actually, that would be a pretty neat trick since both of them are dead
    01-03-09 02:01 PM
    Can't wait until she joins crackberry that will be a hoot!!!
    01-03-09 02:03 PM
    Not being harsh, at least not me. Just having a bit of fun with you myself!
    01-03-09 02:04 PM
    you mean all the teenagers pickin one up?
    01-03-09 02:06 PM
    Can't wait until she joins crackberry that will be a hoot!!!
    Probably can't figure out how to use a computer. But who knows. My grandpa is pretty good with technology for 88
    01-03-09 02:08 PM
    Geesh....guess I'd better take mine back since I didn't know there was an age limit on their use. And yes, I can use computers too....technology isn't restricted to the younger generation. Grandparents can be pretty tech savy too.
    01-03-09 02:16 PM
    actually, that would be a pretty neat trick since both of them are dead
    Ha! I was thinking the same thing.
    01-03-09 02:26 PM
    Shouldn't judge a book by it's cover! You never know! There are many 20 year olds who know nothing about technology and 50+ yr olds who could teach you a few tricks. I don't think age matters. Just because someone is older doesn't mean they can't master advanced devices. Just my humble opinion.
    01-03-09 02:30 PM
    I love mom and dad to pieces but the phones they have now are too advanced for them. Thats what they get for letting my little brother talk them into it. My dad needs a phone with a loud speaker since he use's the speakerphone feature all the time. my mom if she turns it on is a miracle. I am not sayin they should have a jitterbug "YUCK" but there is a limit to what people should have if you don't need all the bells and such do you don't need a envy or a voyger phone which is what they have.
    01-03-09 02:35 PM
    haha, I don't think he was making fun of old people in general...just people that are probably way in over their head with getting a phone like the storm. I, for one, know some people who can't figure out how to set a ringtone on their Moto Razr, getting a new storm because it's the cool phone, and it just drives me nuts!!!

Don't jump all over the OP! He's just sharing a funny story with us!
    01-03-09 02:47 PM
    I am surprised you all don't know who that was getting the phone.........

It was Civic....................LOL
    01-03-09 02:50 PM
    Customers are not asked qualifying questions. They get these devices that they should never have, can't figure out how to use it, return it and go online and post a bad review of it. They should post age and IQ at the bottom of there reviews.
    01-03-09 03:21 PM
    haha, I don't think he was making fun of old people in general...just people that are probably way in over their head with getting a phone like the storm. I, for one, know some people who can't figure out how to set a ringtone on their Moto Razr, getting a new storm because it's the cool phone, and it just drives me nuts!!!

Don't jump all over the OP! He's just sharing a funny story with us!
    This man speaks the truth.
    01-03-09 03:28 PM
    Customers are not asked qualifying questions. They get these devices that they should never have, can't figure out how to use it, return it and go online and post a bad review of it. They should post age and IQ at the bottom of there reviews.
    Age 60+, retired, do some consulting, IQ about 140, own 4 computers and built two of them myself, have a storm and I am running .85 following a compete wipe, own a 2007 and 2008 vehicle, have three HD TV's, use bluetooth.

By the way that would be THEIR reviews not THERE!

Do I qualify??
    01-03-09 03:29 PM
    This really pisses me off, I'm older and I know my way around computers/smartphones way better than my children and their friends!!!
    01-03-09 03:32 PM
    I'm not bashing old people in general, haha. I was simply stating that it seemed like this woman was in way too far over her head.
    01-03-09 03:41 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD