I have tried a couple different searches and couldn't find what I was looking for. Top right key used for switching from vibrate to normal profile settings on my phone no longer works. It still has a prominent click and feels like it should work it just doesn't anymore. Could I have turned off a setting or is this a known problem?
    01-03-09 01:26 PM
    I don't think there is a setting to switch the functionality of this button. That being said, if it is an issue for you, I think a replacement is in order.
    01-03-09 01:57 PM
    How frustrating.. Considering aside from this my phone is as close to perfect as I could expect.
    01-03-09 02:11 PM
    Well, is this something you can live with? I would hate to see you receive a replacement that has screen click issues or something worse than what you are experiencing now. Weigh your options, then decide.
    01-03-09 02:15 PM
    The function itself is something I can live without. Now living with the fact that I have a less than perfect device is another story.. I am hoping reloading the OS or if an update comes before my 30 days that this will be solved and it was just a temporary bug on my phone. A guy can dream right?
    01-03-09 02:25 PM
    Well, to be honest, this is likely a hardware issue, and an OS reload/upgrade won't fix it. If you can live with it and it's a function you don't use, by all means keep your device.
    01-03-09 02:27 PM
    weird thought i would check mine which has been fine and guess what it no longer works either
    01-03-09 02:30 PM
    with the 4.7.0.75 update mine only worked if the phone was locked; didn't do anything when un-locked. I updated to 4.7.0.85 yesterday, and now that button does not work at all. Not a big deal to me as I never use it, and the increase in speed of the .85 update makes the switch worthwhile.

Jody
    01-03-09 02:31 PM
    I just noticed mine only mutes music/video, but doesn't seem to change ring profiles. Is there a setting to make it change to vibrate besides clicking the button?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 02:34 PM
    Good idea catbertz.. I checked mine in music and it still pauses/mutes the song so it isn't a hardware issue, at least not with the actual functionality of the button. Interesting to see others with similar problems as mine worked in the beginning also.
    01-03-09 02:38 PM
    Here is a thought... Go ahead and order a replacement device. Try it out, make sure it functions perfectly. If it does, keep it. If it doesn't, return it and keep your current device.
    01-03-09 02:43 PM
    The mute button on my phone used to toggle between vibrate and ring until I upgraded to .85 so it might be a software issue not hardware.
    01-03-09 03:07 PM
    Haha... I just checked my button - it doesn't work either!

I am running .75, so this is definitely not a software issue associated with .83+.
    01-03-09 03:10 PM
    This function only works if the phone is locked. Are you sure you aren't attempting it while unlocked?

01-03-09 05:18 PM
    Under .85 mine does nothing at all.
    01-03-09 05:25 PM
    Step 1: Lock the phone.

Step 2: Press and hold down Mute button until the phone either vibrates or plays a tone, depending on which mode you are switching to.
    01-03-09 11:08 PM
    You dont have a problem with the hardware, its a known software bug that should be addressed in the upcoming OS builds. No need to return your phone so dont worry about it.
    01-03-09 11:12 PM
    This function only works if the phone is locked. Are you sure you aren't attempting it while unlocked?

TRUE,only in the locked screen.
    01-04-09 12:03 AM
    haha. I tried it and it unlocked my phone*. Wow...
    It definitely didn't do anything to the profiles though. (Press and hold while locked)
    I'm running .85

*before anyone asks, YES I was pressing the mute button, not the lock button. I didn't even realize there was a mute button though for a while...
    01-04-09 07:44 AM
    it is a mute button not a switch to vibrate button
    01-04-09 07:51 AM
    Running .85 like a good little addict; it only functions for me in multimedia apps (ie music/videos). I dont know if it ever worked any other way since I never tried before.
    01-04-09 05:14 PM

Step 2: Press and hold down Mute button until the phone either vibrates or plays a tone, depending on which mode you are switching to.
    Thats what I was doing wrong, not holding the button long enough
    01-04-09 05:31 PM
    mine doesnt work at all
    01-11-09 10:04 PM

Thank you for revealing how to use that damn button lol. IMHO, it's ******** to have to lock the phone just to mute it. Anyway, thanks again

01-12-09 12:32 AM
    If you place the phone into a holster with the sleep magnet, there is no need to lock the screen first. You just hold the mute button until you feel it vibrate or ring, then it's switched. Whats nice is I made a profile for work, if I'm on that profile then press the mute button, it switches between vibrate profile & work profile.
    01-12-09 04:52 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD