Is it just me or is the Storm really slow and awkward to use? I really want to like it, but i just find myself spending too much time trying to do simple tasks. The phone itself is really quite slow when your using it. It struggles to do what an iphone does effortlessly. It really is quite dissappointing. there are some cool features and things but i really think its awkward. It should be a business phone not a phone that takes 3 mins to write an email/sms etc.
    01-03-09 10:37 AM
    How long have you had it? Have you really set all of the features the way you'd like them to be? Also, make sure your OS it at least at the .75 release. It took me a few days before it started to feel natural to use and I love it now.
    01-03-09 10:39 AM
    Sorry to hear you are frustrated with the Storm. It really is quite a device once you get the hang of it. I was also very frustrated when I purchased it, but I found with a little time, practice and patience for OS updates....it can really be quite a platform.
    01-03-09 10:42 AM
    it's definitely a learning curve especially if you have never had a Blackberry before but it is worth sticking with it and having a good read on these forums as there is so much on here that has helped me grow to love my Storm (the first night I wanted to throw it out of the window). There are ways to set it up to do things a little quicker .. yes the operating system can be a little sluggish at times and typing is much easier if you learn to divide the keyboard into two and stop your thumbs and fingers from straying over the middle. This phone will get better and can be great ... just stick with it an hang out here a while
    Works fine for me.
    Please move this thread to the Rants and Raves section. It doesn't belong here.
    01-03-09 10:43 AM
    I like the Storm. I've owned a BB so the learning curve for me isn't as steep. I think that like any other PDA, it takes a while to get used to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 10:47 AM
    I had a curve prior to getting the storm and I also was very frustrated when I first tried to type emails on the storm. But since I have had it for a month now and have played with various features and as one other individual indicated these forums are great to learn more tips, I truly love the new phone. I will say though if you are using it stricly for emails, you may want to go to the curve. A much faster way to type. Good luck.
    01-03-09 10:54 AM
    I have had my Storm for a couple weeks now. I used the Verizon 30 day worry free guarantee to trade in another phone running Windows Mobile. At first it took me a few days to get used to the Storm. But now with the leaked .85 software update I really like the Storm.

01-03-09 10:57 AM
    Again, coming from a Treo 700P, I love the Storm. Didn't take me long to get use to it either. Give it some time and if it still isn't for you then move on.
    01-03-09 11:02 AM
    I came from a voyager and it took a little while to adjust but I was so eager to learn the transition was smooth as silk. I don't think everybody can handle a storm

01-03-09 11:20 AM
    guess im a little disappointed too. had mine since the 21st. i will say i love the storm, and there are some features that im pretty sure i couldnt live without now. but i keep opening CB and hoping to see something about the Bold coming to vzw. i love my storm but at times it can be a real chore to own, and it seems a bit unnecessary. its like RIM created a device for the masses but then made sure they couldnt operate it once they owned it. honestly if the storm was my first bb i wouldve smashed it to bits a long time ago
    01-03-09 12:01 PM
    First off to compare the Storm to the Iphone is IMO Stupid, Ignorant, and unjust... the Iphone has been around for quite some time now, and if my memory serves me correctly it too had many bugs and inefficiencies when it was first released as a matter a fact when the 3g version Iphone was released months back it to had its issues, and apple had to rush and create several firmware updates in order to finally correct the issues... and even today the Iphone still lacks many features that the storm comes with natively such as MMS, Flash, Video Recording, Cut and Paste, Etc...Etc...

FYI....The Storm is not for the Novice user...Nor is it for the Impatient Consumer... Please keep in mind that the BB Storm is not only the First Touchscreen Blackberry, but it is the First Smart Phone of its kind (utilizing the Click-able Touchscreen Technology) so of course their will be several bugs along the way to not expect that is well foolish...however i will say that since the release (leak) of .85 i personally feel that it is working very efficiently with very little lag. and as we all know BB is working twords more OS updates until the Storm is working flawlessly...

However as i mentioned this phone is NOT for everyone maybe you (OP) should return it and get yourself the Iphone...
    01-03-09 12:22 PM
    i'm guessing if you are comparing it to the iPhone you are also thinking the apps close automatically
    01-03-09 12:24 PM
    Whining and in the wrong forum

Fail

01-03-09 12:31 PM
    Eh...I like mine a lot, but yes there are times when it lags or hangs up on something and its annoying. I chalk it up to needing more software updates.

Also...if you wanted a hardcore business phone I cant imagine why you would get an all touch screen phone? The iphone isnt a great business phone either...neither will any other all touch screen phone be for a couple years probably. Get a Bold or Curve it you are a serious power user.

With all that said I use my phone a lot (I think). But not near as much as the people doing 30+ emails a day (excluding SMS) and editing attachments sending them back and talking more than 2k minutes a month on top of that etc. I only do like 5-10 emails a day, never do more then 1200-1500 SMS in a month, and only use about 1300-1500 minutes a month. Works great for me!

edit: when referring to minutes im strictly speaking PEAK only..i dont keep track of my nights/weekends/in calling. So im imagining a heavy user does like 2k minutes+ of PEAK minutes a month
    Last edited by Hawse771; 01-03-09 at 12:35 PM.
    01-03-09 12:32 PM
    Yea Yea we know....all negative posts should go to rants and raves..

that being said.. if jononez1 is still even watching after first post...

I felt the same way during the first week.. but you have to get used to it.. i came from a Treo 650 that was rock solid.

Again take about 20 days to play with it and update it, you will slowly begin to like it.. and root on for RIM!!
    01-03-09 12:43 PM
    Sucks to be you! I have been extremely happy w/ my device.
    01-03-09 12:44 PM
    Sucks to be you! I have been extremely happy w/ my device.
    Quoted for truth!
    01-03-09 01:06 PM
    First off to compare the Storm to the Iphone is IMO Stupid, Ignorant, and unjust... the Iphone has been around for quite some time now, and if my memory serves me correctly it too had many bugs and inefficiencies when it was first released as a matter a fact when the 3g version Iphone was released months back it to had its issues, and apple had to rush and create several firmware updates in order to finally correct the issues... and even today the Iphone still lacks many features that the storm comes with natively such as MMS, Flash, Video Recording, Cut and Paste, Etc...Etc...

FYI....The Storm is not for the Novice user...Nor is it for the Impatient Consumer... Please keep in mind that the BB Storm is not only the First Touchscreen Blackberry, but it is the First Smart Phone of its kind (utilizing the Click-able Touchscreen Technology) so of course their will be several bugs along the way to not expect that is well foolish...however i will say that since the release (leak) of .85 i personally feel that it is working very efficiently with very little lag. and as we all know BB is working twords more OS updates until the Storm is working flawlessly...

However as i mentioned this phone is NOT for everyone maybe you (OP) should return it and get yourself the Iphone...
    I 100% agree with this theory. Any user that doesnt previously use a blackberry will have complications. They dont understand the Operating System and the fact that its a smartphone that is used for business men and women that use it for email, internet and of course, a phone. See the thing is, that RIM released a Touch Screen Phone and KIDS or mostly a younger crowd look at it like an Iphone. Pictures, Videos and Media is a WOW factor to them along with the internet. Just to basically play with it and be the next 'cool' kid in town. I must say though. I came from a Curve and the Curve was also a flawless phone that I learned to Appreciate this Site and Blackberry for that item. Plus, without the website, I wouldnt understand or know half of what I know.
    01-03-09 01:06 PM
    Sigh. Why do you guys jump down people's throats when they say something bad about the device? He probably doesn't know much about removing programs, updating the OS, etc. That's not solely his fault.

I fail to see the argument about how it should not be compared to the iPhone. Has the iPhone been around for a while and had time to improve? Yes. However, hasn't RIM been around a while and had time to study? I remember while reading over the PDF of their marketing plans and such, they mainly studied the iPhone. The point is, the iPhone has been around and RIM has studied it, so they should have known what to do and what to make work.

Do I enjoy my phone? Yes. Should it be compared to the iPhone? Certainly.
    01-03-09 01:34 PM
    Its true ive never owned a blackberry before nor an iphone. However naturally i compare these 2 phones as they seem similar in a lot of ways. I got the storm before i had a proper look at the iphone (stupid i know! and i wish i didnt!) Im not a pro with phones i just need to be able to take and send emails and sms quick, but ive found that sometimes it takes HOURS for emails to come thru. I know this is not the phones fault but having said that, as someone said before it can crash and freeze for 20 mins plus! should that be acceptable for any phone? Ive had some breeze-block phones from the nineties and they never froze - they were rock solid! I know the software and OS etc has to deal with a lot more with the storm etc but when i took a look at the iphone i was instantly shocked at how much quicker it is just easier to navigate thru. Yea the iphone has problems but i think the storm has a lot more problems. Just my opinion.
    01-03-09 02:04 PM
    I think that even though the Storm has a few more issues than the iPhone, in a few more months, RIM will have surpassed Apple in their improvements. Storm will be better than iPhone, in time.
    01-03-09 02:06 PM
    I 100% agree with this theory. Any user that doesnt previously use a blackberry will have complications. They dont understand the Operating System and the fact that its a smartphone that is used for business men and women that use it for email, internet and of course, a phone. See the thing is, that RIM released a Touch Screen Phone and KIDS or mostly a younger crowd look at it like an Iphone. Pictures, Videos and Media is a WOW factor to them along with the internet. Just to basically play with it and be the next 'cool' kid in town. I must say though. I came from a Curve and the Curve was also a flawless phone that I learned to Appreciate this Site and Blackberry for that item. Plus, without the website, I wouldnt understand or know half of what I know.
    lol, i am a business man. I need to send emails fast. I dont care about the OS updates and software etc etc. i was under the impression Blackberry phones could handle the internet as standard. the storm cannot do that it seems, aswell as being really slow with a lot of other things.

Plus i cannot get into the admin section of my website, which is one of the reasons i got the phone in the first place. I really could contact people quicker and easier on the go with an old nokia or something!
    Last edited by jononez1; 01-03-09 at 02:28 PM.
    01-03-09 02:22 PM
    I used the Curve for aout a year prior to my Storm. The curve is a phenom for business. I wasn't totaly satisfied with the storm so I grabbed another curve until may rolls out some new units for us.

01-03-09 03:38 PM
249 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD