From what I've been reading, it seems that most of us Storm users that are on Telus aren't experiencing nearly as many "issues" with our phones as those of you on the American providers. I got one of the first Storms available from an actual Telus store up here in Canada, and the only "issues" that I kinda have with it are a little bit of light leakage around the scree, and the screen moves around a little in the phone. I don't know if the screen movement is an issue, or just a byproduct of having a "clickable" screen but it doesn't bug me. The light leakage isn't that much of a bother either... I haven't run into any software issues on .76 either, accelerometer works fine, and the phone never freezes up (though it's a little "laggy" at times).

Maybe I'm just not to picky about my phone, but I see those of you that are on 4th or 5th phones as a little bit excessive... So my question is this;

Is it just me, or are the Telus Storms working better than the Verizon/American Providers versions?
    01-02-09 03:47 PM
    Good question Freelancer, I been waiting for feedback JUST like this to hit in hopes of some good answers here, hopefully others will share their experiences in this thread.
    01-02-09 04:03 PM
    I just posted something very similar to this in the replacement thread.

I'm on Telus still running stock .76 and have had absolutely no issues. My phone runs perfect, accelerometer is fast, screen is fine, I have yet to experience any of the issues that are constantly talked about on here.
    01-02-09 04:15 PM
    Thinking the same thing. I am with Verizon and my friend is with Telus back in Canada - both Storms purchased on the same day...both made in Mexico.
    No issues in the first week on for the both of us.
    01-02-09 04:20 PM
    Thinking the same thing. I am with Verizon and my friend is with Telus back in Canada - both Storms purchased on the same day...both made in Mexico.
    No issues in the first week on for the both of us.
    Could someone tell me where/how to check my manufactured date and location?
    01-02-09 05:05 PM
    i got my Storm from Telus...i missed their first shipment but got one on their second shipment. I have had no problems at all except the very minor things that Freelancer said, my BB Curve has given me more problems than the Storm.
    01-02-09 05:10 PM
    Though I am with Bell rather than Telus i'm reporting no issues with my storm. All is good. Bought on 14.12.08.
    01-02-09 05:20 PM
    Could someone tell me where/how to check my manufactured date and location?
    Behind the Battery For the Location
    On the box for the date (i think)
    01-02-09 05:22 PM
    The screen wobble is annoying. get the screen wobble fix from graffix expressions. it works wonders. no wobble and the screen clicks great.
    01-02-09 05:24 PM
    Behind the Battery For the Location
    On the box for the date (i think)
    Is the format for the date on the box day/month/year with two digits representing each (example: DDMMYY)? If it is, then mine is a 21/12/2008 made in Canada.

I just fixed the minor screen clicking issue I had by placing some folded printer paper behind my battery, I shouldn't have to worry about that paper catching fire or anything should I (it's close to the battery connections, just wondering)?
    01-02-09 05:46 PM
    I noticed a lot of problems with mine though I am pretty picky about my tech. I felt that the phone was slow and so was the accelerometer though has been better since i've updated to .83, was experiencing problems with .85 though may try it again. Mine was made in Canada and i received it through the mail on the 19th of December. Have been having issues with the battery but the info on these forums has really made a difference.
    01-02-09 06:12 PM
    The screen wobble is annoying. get the screen wobble fix from graffix expressions. it works wonders. no wobble and the screen clicks great.
    i havent noticed the wobble with mine bought it on Dec 24 08
    01-02-09 06:14 PM
    I got mine on December 23rd..updated to .83 after a day, couple days later went to .85...no major problems, I have been seeing on these Verizon commercials where the click is really loud and noticeable...is it just enhanced or should it sound that loud? I put the card under the back cover because I haven't found a torx yet but it still isn't that loud...do others from Telus click really loud? Other than that I'm totally happy with it.
    01-02-09 07:43 PM
    Hi,

My Storm was purchased for me by my wife @ futureshop on 12/19/08. I have upgraded to the unofficial .85 OS, and have multiple 3rd party apps running...I have no real issues with the device on the whole.

I do have a slight screen click problem right at the bottom in the middle, and battery life is pretty sad, but these are minor inconveniences, and I have to say that I am quite impressed with the device.

Best things to do to optimize performance:

1. Close all apps when done using them.
    2. Charge the battery every day when not in use(or night - whatever fits your schedule).
    3. Pull the battery every 1-2 days. (Is this really such a big deal? - it only takes 2 mins., and makes a huge difference in memory)
    4. Install VLINGO! This app is great, and will also DECREASE the amount of times you actually press the screen down.
    5. Remember, this device just came out - compared to the other touchscreens, its just a baby. Give things time to catch up. This device will only get better as OS's improve, and more apps are built specifically for the device.
    6. Lighten up! it's just a phone - well, a pretty cool one! And, if you don't like it, just get rid of it. Nobody is forcing you to like this thing! I dislike the other devices out there, but I see no need to criticize them...I just prefer the BB Storm. Personal preference - that's all.
    01-02-09 09:19 PM
    My Storm was the second shipment out from Telus. I have had no issues at all. I upgraded to the .85 OS about 4 hours after purchase. No typing lag (I use qwerty most of the time), browsing is quick compared to my WinMobile device. I downloaded the SoftReset tool and reset the Storm just before I go to bed, so it's nice and fresh for the next day.

I love this device!
    01-02-09 09:40 PM
    ive replaced my first batch due to a crappy screen clicking, random reboots and my end key came off. the lag on the first one was horrid. i did everything possible to ge tit to go faster but it never worked the way it should have
    01-02-09 09:51 PM
    After reading through a number of rants about the Storm, I have to wonder: Did Verizon push RIM to get the phones out before they were ready? It looks like (my apologies for over-simplification) that 80-90% of the people that have had to replace their Storms are Verizon customers.

Now, before I get flamed, I realize that Verizon was the first to carry the Storm, and that bugs with new technologies are completely normal. It just seems to me that there is an exceptionally large amount of failures with the Verizon versions. I have been using my Storm heavily since I bought it, and have had no issues with it at all. That seems to be prevalent among the Telus users, with a couple exceptions of course...there will always be lemons.

So perhaps it wasn't RIM delivering a shoddy product to you, it was Verizon forcing RIM's hand to get the product out before they felt it was ready.
    01-02-09 11:45 PM
    That may be true, and maybe this as well:

Verizon clientel drastically outnumbers us Telus folk. We're talking Millions and Millions more in net volume. This leads to a greater volume of 'lemons' filtering into circulation. The same is true for the personalities of the people buying these phones (ie. if 1 in 10 people LOVES to ***** about anything and everything, how many of those types will there be in the Verizon population?)
    01-02-09 11:54 PM
    I don't think its the carrier. I'm not having problems with my phone at all. I have a slight movement with the screen but that's about it. Oh and typing when I'm on the browser the key pad doesn't keep up with my fingers some times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 12:09 AM
    Little problems with my phone but the reps at the square one shopping center in Mississauga,Ontario are just plainly ignorant. Like you don't tell someone that is looking to exchange their storm for a new one that the ones they have in store reset every time the L letter is pressed because obviously they are going to ask to demonstrate. Like honestly why hire these a**holes if they are going to constantly lie to you.
    01-03-09 12:18 AM
    I have a Telus Storm with .76, runs fairly well but overall speed isn't great. I think that is just a problem with the phone/os, not a lemon. I HATE the lock function, too much lag plus it doesn't turn the screen off. My Curve went on/off right away which is much better. Other than that, fairly stable.
    01-03-09 01:04 AM
    Kazinvan try updating to the .85 leak OS. I did that shortly after getting my Storm. I haven't noticed much lag with anything I've been doing, and I've been using it pretty heavily since day 1.
    01-03-09 06:07 AM
    People with to much free time on there hands are causing the issues...haha
    01-03-09 07:01 AM
    A guy I work with has a saying...."some people would bit** if you hung them with a new rope". There are just some people who will complain about anything and everything.
    I bought my storm on Verizon launch day and have not had any real problems. It was a bit laggy on the original firmware, now on .75 it's running fine. I don't have a lot of third party apps loaded though. I wonder how many problems are caused by people adding lots of third party apps that are not "Storm worthy", or letting too many things run in the background. I tried a few and removed them because they either were not what I wanted or were not optimized for the Storm yet.
    As far as the screen goes, isn't it supposed to move around a bit, that's how it works. IRiver makes (made) an MP3 player called the Clix that had a clickable screen and when it came out there were a lot of people (kids) complaining that the screen wobbled............well that it how it was supposed to be.

Anyway, I'm on Verizon with my Made in Canada Storm, and I'm likin it!

Rob
    01-03-09 07:28 AM
    Kazinvan try updating to the .85 leak OS. I did that shortly after getting my Storm. I haven't noticed much lag with anything I've been doing, and I've been using it pretty heavily since day 1.
    I'll give it a shot when I have some free time. Thanks.
    01-03-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD