Who do you think has the most reliable coverage in our area ? I've been thinking about switching to Verizon or AT&T I currently have T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 12:56 PM
    ive got at&t with great coverage never had an issue and about once a year i drive out to colorado using google maps and never had coverage issues the whole ride
    03-04-09 09:10 PM
    I live in the quad cities area and would say that Verizon is slightly better than at&t. That's the only 2 services I've had.
    03-04-09 09:23 PM
    *waves to fellow Iowans*

I have Sprint and have been nothin but super happy with my service. Well, except for in my sisters basement in Newhall......the only time I had probs.
    I also (my opinion) get the best bang for my buck plan-wise vs other carriers.

I know everyone has had horror stories about various carriers customer service at one point, however I have been with sprint for over 4 years and their customer service has been nothing but exceptional any time I have needed to contact them.
    03-05-09 08:25 AM
    Generally speaking, in most areas VZW & ATT are pretty good. It's the next tier providers that have the issues.
    03-05-09 11:05 AM
    I don't live there but had the opportunity to stay for a week twice...once on AT&T and once on Sprint. No issues to speak of with either coverage-wise.

03-05-09 12:35 PM
    Living in Iowa City - use AT&T with no problems at all.
    I've had AT&T in So Cal and now in Iowa - great nationwide coverage too.
    03-05-09 03:43 PM
    I just switched from Sprint to ATT. Sprint screwed up my bill every other month for a year and finally I had enough (still got a few months left but I ditched the phones). Everyone at work who has corporate phones are all through ATT but we do travel internationally and GSM is the way to go. I've had great coverage with ATT and the customer service is a hundred times better than Sprint. Haven't had Verizon but a few coworkers have it and have told me that unless you are in DSM that the service gets a bit spotty when it comes to data services.

03-05-09 08:03 PM
    Also if you unlock your TMO phone then you can just get a SIM from ATT and not have to get a new phone right away

03-05-09 08:06 PM
    U.S. Cellular hands down. They have a better network in the region, better customer service, EVDO in the Des Moines metro currently with it rolling out state wide in the next few months.
    03-23-09 01:44 PM
    Kind of off topic, but I was **this close** to moving to West Des Moines a few years back for work (they relocated their corporate HQ). Needless to say, I couldn't leave California. Is it weird to say I miss it? ESPECIALLY: Hyvee, Boston's and Culver's.
    03-23-09 01:46 PM
    well Ive been to So Cal and LOVED it.....I almost took a job at our branch out there. Theres awesomeness about both, but no you arent weird
    Also Des moines has really changed (for the better) in the last few years!

PS...Culvers sprinkles crack on their stuffs, Im convinced
    03-23-09 03:44 PM
    From what I know with you being in Des Moines, Verizon works well...
    03-23-09 03:46 PM
    well Ive been to So Cal and LOVED it.....I almost took a job at our branch out there. Theres awesomeness about both, but no you arent weird
    Also Des moines has really changed (for the better) in the last few years!

PS...Culvers sprinkles crack on their stuffs, Im convinced
    I can believe it. Hahaha! Nice area, just wouldn't know what to do with my surfboard...
    03-23-09 03:57 PM
    Nice area, just wouldn't know what to do with my surfboard...
    hmmm....pickup truck and a piece of rope???

just brainstorming lol
    03-23-09 04:03 PM
    Whats up Iowans ! I myself work downtown Des Moines and live in Indianola!

Love my verizon!!!

03-23-09 04:03 PM
    hmmm....pickup truck and a piece of rope???

just brainstorming lol
    Surely, you jest. If all Iowans looked like you, the decision would be a no brainer.
    03-23-09 04:08 PM
    Business & Government sales rep for U.S. Cellular here in Des Moines. PIN is 31CDCD85
    Last edited by jryker; 03-25-09 at 11:24 AM.
    03-24-09 09:54 AM
    Have always had verizon - as do most he people I know. great all around coverage - data and phone
    03-24-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD