I just got my first CrackBerry, the 8830, a week ago and I love it!

I am on Verizon, and didn't know what I needed, so I got the unlimited data plan for $44.99 a month. I almost went on the cheap and got the 10MB plan for $24.99, but I wasn't sure what my usage would be. Since I haven't had time to become fully addicted yet, I thought I'd ask those poor addicted souls out there , how much data do you typcially use on your BB each month? I'm curious what I can expect as I grow more addicted, and if the 10MB plan would be good enough for me.

Thank you,
    Rob
    05-28-07 10:20 AM
    I used 20MB last month, and am sure this month it will be higher. I think if you choose the cheaper option, you have to keep a serious 'eye' on traffic. You don't want to get the scare of your life with massive bill.

But, with unlimited you just can't go wrong, and to me, it's worth the extra...
    05-28-07 12:27 PM
    I just checked, and I have used 5 MB in the first week of having it, so I am on track to match your usage. Of course this first week I have been using my BB non-stop just because I am playing and learning. After just one week, I am now wondering how I ever got along without one of these before now.
    05-28-07 12:37 PM
    Unlimited is almost always the way to go, ESPECIALLY when you first get your device.
    05-28-07 01:52 PM
    To break it down it costs you an extra 5$ per week to abuse but feed your addiction, thats gotta help you feel better?

05-28-07 02:38 PM
    according to ATT's website, i've used 4MB in the past week, so I'll be on par for 20mb this month...
    05-28-07 06:14 PM
    I just checked, and I have used 5 MB in the first week of having it, so I am on track to match your usage. Of course this first week I have been using my BB non-stop just because I am playing and learning. After just one week, I am now wondering how I ever got along without one of these before now.

Is there any software available that counts the GPRS traffic?

Thanks!
    06-29-07 06:18 AM
    I just got my first full month bill. I used 29 Meg! Thankfully I was on the unlimited plan, or that would have hurt!
    06-29-07 06:57 AM
    just checked AT&T site... 17MB for my first 24 days...
    not too bad... but seeing some of your other amounts ..looks like i need to step my berrying up!
    06-29-07 07:45 AM
    How do you check with Verizon? I logged on to my account on Verizon and it says nothing about it. Just how many minutes I used.

Thanks! Katherine
    06-30-07 12:50 AM
    How do you check with Verizon? I logged on to my account on Verizon and it says nothing about it. Just how many minutes I used.

Thanks! Katherine
    Hi Katherine,
    When I log in to my Verizon account, the minutes used for the pay period to date is on the left, and immediately to the right is the data usage, and it shows how much data I've used in KB.
    06-30-07 11:08 AM
    Found it! Thank you. Hard to tell so far since i just got the 8830 about 2 weeks ago. I got the cheaper plan so we'll see if I end up exceeding the max. Katherine
    06-30-07 05:51 PM
    Since I use my blackberry for both personal and business, my usage monthly has been around 20 MB. I was really happy that I got the unlimited plan!

Gia
    07-02-07 09:09 AM
    I average about 100MB's a month on average and that's NOT tethering. I don't have that option on my account as it's not worth it to me to use. If I can't do what I need to on my BB then either it can wait or I can hit one of the local hotspots for a few minutes. The only reason I could see using the Tethering is because I need to get into one of my servers over the VPN to do something to it .
    07-02-07 09:25 AM
    Oh my God! 100 MB Audit! All I can say is WOW! Now I feel so much better. 20 MB is nothing compared to you! Hands down you are attached to your blackberry more than anyone that I know! I really like the part where you said you want to be buried with it as well. That was wild. lol.

Gia
    07-02-07 09:44 AM
    It actually is in my will. It's also in my Power of Health Attorney paperwork that it's never to leave my side if for some reason one of my strokes leaves me to the point that I'm not able to work. Yes I'm addicted to it but I can think of much worse things to be addicted to that costs much more $ then this addiction is.
    07-02-07 09:50 AM
    Audit,

I think being addicted to a blackberry is very healthy. I actually am dating someone who is very addicted to his blackberry and because we both have a love for this device, it's a relationship made in blackberry heaven. lol

Gia
    07-02-07 10:00 AM
    100 mb is the taffic I do with my 3G card on my laptop..

Do you use your berry as a modem, connecter to your pc? Do you sleep? Hehe....

Too much traffic. I hope that the cost is not so high

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-07 10:02 AM
    100 mb is the taffic I do with my 3G card on my laptop..

Do you use your berry as a modem, connecter to your pc? Do you sleep? Hehe....

Too much traffic. I hope that the cost is not so high

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No I don't use it as a modem, (tethering) and I sleep about 3hr's a night. The rest of the time is spent working or taking care of my wife and kids. With the unlimited data plan the cost isn't high and my company pays that amount in my check to me each month anyhow. My BB is always updating RSS feeds and with the amount of mail lists that I'm on, not to mention all the e-mails that I get through work, I'm doing good. We have a couple people that do more then that a month here easily.
    07-02-07 10:13 AM
    Well I have only had my Blackberry 8800 for about a week and half. But my plan change didn't take effect until last Thursday. I have already used 3.13 in data. I am getting so addicted to this phone, ten times better then my old Tmobile MDA. Haven't had it lock or force a reboot. I probaly use 20 mb at least this month.
    07-03-07 06:03 PM
    I think with Verizon you dial #DATA and after the call picks up they send you a free text message with the data usage info.
    07-04-07 02:23 AM
    Yes Tbetts1982 that's correct. For Verizon you dial #data or #3282 and send and it automaticallys sends you a free text message with your usage info. For 3 months that feature wasn't working for my BlackBerry but it wasn't a problem with the BlackBerry, it was a problem at Verizon's end. Thankfully I have the unlimited plan otherwise it would have been a wild bill. They have now corrected the problem. I like to keep on top of things.

Gia
    07-08-07 03:50 PM
    3262.68 kb as of today. Billing cycle ends today I believe. That is the highest it has ever been. I am on the 10mb plan with VZW.
    07-08-07 04:23 PM
    My data seems to be going up, and up. This month it's 30.3552mb...
    07-08-07 07:36 PM
    I'm on the 20MB plan @ vodafone.

I just opened my bill.

It sais: 19.980MB...

So close... hehehehe

BUT the problem is.. I don't want to receive the next month's bill.. I have a feeling that I've already spend twice the traffic...
    08-18-07 03:59 PM
170 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD