This is to all the users that switched from the iphone 3g to the bold (like myself). How many of you guys miss the iphone? Do you think the switch was worth it at the end? the main things i miss from the iphone is probably the build quality (glass screen), warranty ease, size, screen, and browser. Im hoping i just dont switch back, getting MMS working on the bold was a BIG hassle.
    Last edited by ipodlover77; 01-02-09 at 10:20 AM.
    01-02-09 10:15 AM
    Do you? (I can't answer, never had the iPhone)
    01-02-09 10:16 AM
    Don't miss it one bit,?ery happy I switchef when I did

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:17 AM
    Do you? (I can't answer, never had the iPhone)
    Im not sure yet. Had the bold for a couple of days, like it alot. Was curious if people who switched to the bold ever switched back.

you never wanted to try a iphone?
    01-02-09 10:22 AM
    The only thing I probably miss from my iPhone is the browser. And maybe the nice glass screen and metal back (I had a 2g iPhone). But none of that is enough to make me go back. I don't use the internet enough for it to make a huge difference. If I did, I probably would've stayed with the iPhone. I love the simple features that the Bold offers, like copy/paste, mms, and being able to forward texts (I haven't had any problems with the mms on my Bold). Not to mention, it's a much more business savvy phone. Don't get me wrong, I loved my iPhone. I just love my Bold more.
    01-02-09 10:27 AM
    I made the switch and of course I miss it as the phone has a lot of things I loved, but last night I installed something that was missed (not a pretty, but does the job). True iPhone like threaded messaging!

Aesthetics vs. Function... I chose Function.

BBM
    MMS
    Copy & Paste
    Push Email (non Yahoo... this will be good because Yahoo sucks; they block things that aren't spam. How does it block a reply?)
    01-02-09 10:38 AM
    I miss the touch screen from my iphone, but I love mine BB. Yeah you can get apple care on the iphone but that doesn't cover it if you crack the screen or if it gets stolen. I know they offer discounts to some point if you crack the screen but I dont think they do it if you get it wet or if it gets stolen.

I still mess around with my iphone but I dont think I will be going back to it any time soon. I like my BB to much, its been dropped and everything and works just fine.
    01-02-09 10:44 AM
    Had the iphone 3g for about a week and when i returned it, i breathed a sigh of relief...sure its a nice looking phone but no mms, no vid recording and no copy and paste meant that...for me it was a big big letdown...the only good thing about the iphone that i liked, was the browser...when 3g worked for me...it was super fast and very good at rendering pages.

But ive only had my Bold now for less than a month and i love it to bits, much more than the iphone...sure the browser on it is kinda slow and isnt very good at rendering webpages but i can live with that...i usually browse cb and a few other sites on my Bold. CB is super quick and fast.

I dont regret for one sec getting rid of the iphone...for me it was a blessing in disguise when i got rid of it...even my ex gf hated it, she had a 16gb and sold it on ebay for �400...not bad really.
    01-02-09 10:44 AM
    I never had a iPhone before but if I ever had the craving to touch and play around with a iPhone like device I would just get the iPod Touch and pretend its an iPhone. Not really a difference I suppose, helps with the craving. Bold all the way though!
    01-02-09 10:48 AM
    There are things I do miss from the iPhone...absolutely.

Miss:
    - Applications offered by developers
    - Safari
    - The threaded app

However, my Bold still is #1 in my book. These things can all be changed with an updated firmware....do I believe think these things will be added, probably not, but I like my Bold enough to stick around
    01-02-09 12:04 PM
    I got tired of waiting for the Bold so I used my ATT ugprade for an iphone in mid August and pick up a Bold in the middle of November.

What I miss:

- Weather Forecast icon for multiple cities by flicking screen
    - Stock icon with programmable stock data
    - Rugged glass screen
    - App store with free games
    - Superb wifi
    - Foolproof firmware updates through itunes
    - Watching downloaded movie rentals

What I do not miss

- Battery Life, Battery Life, Battery Life!
    - Buggy bluetooth with my Jawbone 2
    - Fetch email
    - Weak speakerphone
    - Lack of integrated inbox for email, text and mms
    - Constant two handed operation
    - Ability to MMS. I use this a lot for my non smart phone friends
    - Ability to see message and appointments on the screen- themes

I have about the same amount listed for each but the things I do not miss are the things the Bold does well and they are light years ahead in terms of importance for me.

I actually thought I would miss the iphone coolness a little bit but here it is January 2nd and my iphone is a great 8GB ipod touch!

I am really glad I bought the Bold! I just feel it offers more features that are important to me and my lifestyle! Happy New Year everyone!
    01-02-09 12:20 PM
    I don't miss the iphone, the only thing I miss is the seamless syncing with my Mac(s) .
    I was one of the few that wasn't a huge fan of the browser.
    The horrible battery life was the biggest deal breaker and why I returned it. I rarely need it but I carry a spare batt with my Bold.

I do however carry the new Touch also so it's kind of the best of both worlds.
    01-02-09 12:29 PM
    I am an apple fanboy according to my friends BUT here's what I do and do not miss.

Do miss:
    -Browser
    -Weather app
    -Syncing with my macbook
    -True threaded sms

Do not miss:
    -Touch screen keyboard that I couldn't type worth a darn on
    -Constant weird glitches with my email
    -Lack of MMS
    -Constant dropped calls
    -The fact that I had to stop what I was doing to operate the phone
    -Bad battery life
    01-02-09 12:34 PM
    Don't miss it at all. I get to enjoy both.
    01-02-09 12:40 PM
    I miss the iPhones build quality, it's feel and design. I also miss the applications. The applications made the phone outstanding to me. Such a nice toy, but i think it should stay as an iPod to be honest. Service was horrible, battery was even worse. But the ipod touch is a homerun.

I like my storm, and i believe in "functionality" it's light years ahead of the iphone.

Yes, software needs tweaking, but hey.. I'll live
    01-02-09 12:45 PM
    I hated that the iphone didn't allow apps to run in the backround but that would've meant even worse battery life!!
    01-02-09 12:45 PM
    I don't have to miss my one - I carry it around with my BlackBerry on a daily basis still.
    01-02-09 12:47 PM
    The only thing I kind of miss is the app store and the browser. The fact that apps don't run in the background sucks . I don't think ill ever go back, touch screen phones are just not for me.

01-02-09 12:48 PM
    I miss the weather and stock apps as well as the face melter app. The glass screen was nice and buying and viewing tv shows was cool. The email was horrible. My favorite thing on the bold is that I can download attachments and view them. The biggest thing to me is the browser and, even though safari was incredible to use, it constantly used to hang up and crash. That has never happened to my bold.

01-02-09 12:50 PM
    There are things I miss. I liked the ereader app and bookz reader for ebooks.
    I liked some of the games and I enjoyed the iPod part of it. That's really about it

The Bold does everything I really need and Mobi Pocket will work till something better comes
    along.

01-02-09 12:54 PM
    I had the iPhone 3G, was cool at first and then it started to feel more like a toy than a smartphone. I felt like all I did was replace my zune and DS instead of getting the "top smartphone" I set out for. Miss the browser, that's about all. The bold runs my life for me, still syncs my 16GB microSDHC card to itunes, and the video...wow...
    01-02-09 01:49 PM
    I miss some features, but I gained more then I miss - :P

What is the threaded SMS app you installed?
    01-02-09 02:09 PM
    The only thing I miss about the iPhone was usirius which one can listen not satellite radio. I also miss Safari which is the best mobile browser hands down for any phone. Other than that there was not too much iPhone offered. The Bold is a messaging monster and blows away iPhone in functionality, I'm sure I don't have to list why I like the Bold as I'm sure we all know why.

01-02-09 02:50 PM
    I made the switch and of course I miss it as the phone has a lot of things I loved, but last night I installed something that was missed (not a pretty, but does the job). True iPhone like threaded messaging!

Aesthetics vs. Function... I chose Function.

BBM
    MMS
    Copy & Paste
    Push Email (non Yahoo... this will be good because Yahoo sucks; they block things that aren't spam. How does it block a reply?)
    What is the threaded app that you are talking about, and where can it be found?
    01-02-09 03:01 PM
    I had an iPhone 2g but have also used a friends 3g iPhone. As for what I miss the most it would be...

Safari Broswer
    Threaded SMS (WM 6.1 has it nicely too)

That;s about it really, I went from a Iphone to a lg shine to a moto q9h to the Bold and so far the Bold is at the top.
    01-02-09 04:23 PM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD