Now if you have a godaddy email address ([email protected] purchased from godaddy) you are able to reconcile with BIS. I have my email I purchased with my website through godaddy and I can not get it to reconcile. It is supposed to update if you send a msg on your BB to the web mail and vice versa. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
    12-29-07 10:36 AM
    i could not for the life of me get it to sync natively either (where you dont have ot manually setup info) i finally got it working some of the time by setting up with the POP info but it was way too unreliable...currently im using the forwarding to my sprint.blackberry.net email and its working nicely and instantaneously.. I would however like to know how to get it to work natively, i just dont like to have to *rig* things...did you get yours to work?
    02-05-08 04:51 PM
    I have my Site hosted with Godaddy too. Go daddy email was a problem. I Set up my email for my domain through Windows live mail. Changed my email MX records with godaddy to point to hotmail. . Purchased Hotmail Plus. Now I have no issues at all checking my personal email. Actually works like a breeze.

Just an idea..
    02-06-08 01:13 PM
    I have 2 godaddy email accounts set up on my pearl and I have no issues. I had them on my curve too and on my treo before that with snappermail, without any issues at all. I didn't have to rig anything.

Have you checked with GoDaddy? Their support team is really helpful - just give them a call.
    02-07-08 12:22 PM
    HELP!! I am using GoDaddy to host my email and I also have a couple of gmail emails going to my BB. Everything was working perfectly until this past Wed. My GoDaddy email was showing up on my BB instantly. Now, it is delayed by at least 1 day. Now I'm getting emails from 1 week ago.

I have spent 6+ hours on the phone with tech support for Alltel and all is fine on their end. They had me resend the service books, take out the battery, register on the network, and nothing is working.

While GoDaddy's support people are nice, they don't have a clue when it comes to the BB.

Any suggestions??
    03-21-08 10:31 PM
    bump bump bump bump
    03-25-08 03:22 PM
    bump bump bump
    03-25-08 03:22 PM
    I think I can help... just have to get to 10 posts before I can post the link... sorry for the bumps.
    03-25-08 03:23 PM
    HELP!! I am using GoDaddy to host my email and I also have a couple of gmail emails going to my BB. Everything was working perfectly until this past Wed. My GoDaddy email was showing up on my BB instantly. Now, it is delayed by at least 1 day. Now I'm getting emails from 1 week ago.

I have spent 6+ hours on the phone with tech support for Alltel and all is fine on their end. They had me resend the service books, take out the battery, register on the network, and nothing is working.

While GoDaddy's support people are nice, they don't have a clue when it comes to the BB.

Any suggestions??

DebbieJ,

Sounds like you had a similar problem as I did. I think we figured out a solution.

Check here,

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ail-setup.html
    03-25-08 03:23 PM
    DebbieJ,

Sounds like you had a similar problem as I did. I think we figured out a solution.

Check here,

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ail-setup.html
    I wish you all the best of luck and hope you get your device working again. I say this because I had all the symptom's mentioned tried all the fixes mentioned had Verizon try all the fixes and I don't have a godaddy account. I use Windows Live mail and my .blackberry.net accounts thru BIS. This issue has come up many times on all the forums without resolve. I even took my 4week old Pearl to the local Verizon store tech department and they witnessed it also and sent me a replacement Pearl (refurb of course). Eventually the Pearl started to send and receive e-mails like it had in the beginning go figure???????
    03-25-08 07:54 PM
    Tarheel,

Thanks so much! I just posted a message at that forum, too. A guy on this forum, suggested using Google Apps and so far it has worked. I redirected my URL to google. I'm like you...no patience and I want my email now!
    03-25-08 09:14 PM
    Now if you have a godaddy email address ([email protected] purchased from godaddy) you are able to reconcile with BIS. I have my email I purchased with my website through godaddy and I can not get it to reconcile. It is supposed to update if you send a msg on your BB to the web mail and vice versa. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
    BIS, BES. What the heck is that stuff. Heres my problem. I have a curve from Verizon w/internet access. I have no idea what services Im supposed to be getting with this account and am affraid that everything I do is gonna cost me money. Can anyone tell me what I get for what Ive got? None of my emails work from godaddy, and I cant even get my crackberry emails on my bb when sent to my yahoo accounts. Man IM frustrated. [email protected] (godaddy email address)
    10-07-08 12:38 PM
    BIS, BES. What the heck is that stuff. Heres my problem. I have a curve from Verizon w/internet access. I have no idea what services Im supposed to be getting with this account and am affraid that everything I do is gonna cost me money. Can anyone tell me what I get for what Ive got? None of my emails work from godaddy, and I cant even get my crackberry emails on my bb when sent to my yahoo accounts. Man IM frustrated. [email protected] (godaddy email address)
    You've got BIS. Have you tried setting up your accounts online (not on your phone)? I don't know the site for Verizon, but I'd bet it's verizon.blackberry.com or verizon.blackberry.net.

BTW - I replied to you in the main forum also.
    10-07-08 09:07 PM
    I have my domain registered through GoDaddy, but I use Google Apps for my email hosting. It's worked quite well for me. For no cost whatsoever you can get the same storage and interface options as a normal @gmail.com address but at your own domain. You can have 200 users on the domain (I have 5 ). You can also pay the $50/yr to get enhanced features, but I'm plenty happy with the free offering.
    10-08-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD