I've been looking for a shortcut to go to either the beginning or end of a line while texting or emailing (like home and end on a keyboard). Is there one? I have searched and read all the shortcuts posted on several threads, but haven't seen anything about this. It drives me nuts to have to use the trackball to scroll horizontally on a line.

Thanks in advance.
    12-31-08 06:41 PM
    I haven't found such a shortcut nor have I heard of any 3rd party apps for cursor control. Like you, I wish every day there were one!

Pressing ALT while scrolling will keep your cursor on the same line. And if you're near the end of a line, moving to the next line seems to work better by scrolling horizontally and catching the line break. Doesn't solve the dilemma you posed, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 09:03 PM
    Yeah the only way I found is to scroll down or up to the next or previous line. Then roll forward or backward to the beginning/end of the line in question.
    01-01-09 03:05 AM
    Thanks for the trick on holding ALT while scrolling. One of the reasons I find the lack of shortcut annoying is because I always end up jumping up or down a line when I'm just trying to scroll horizonally. THANKS!!
    01-01-09 09:40 AM
    ALT is a nice trick. Perhaps there will be better cursor control in a future update ... if we're lucky.
    01-01-09 09:52 AM
    Can't believe they don't have a short/cut for this! They've got something for everything else...
    02-07-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD