Just wondering people are saying that they are having trouble hearing me while we are having a conversation. It doesn't happen all the time but they say it sounds like I have my hand over my mouth or am going through a tunnel. Anyone having the same problem?
    12-31-08 06:30 PM
    look at the bottom of your storm. the MIC is right where your pinky (or mine atleast) seems to rest to support the phone. the small hole on the bottom is the mic and its most likely that you are covering it up as you're holding the phone. just move your finger a few milimeters a different direction

hope the fix is as easy as that.
    12-31-08 06:35 PM
    thanks tried that. So nobody has had trouble hearing you?
    12-31-08 06:37 PM
    thanks tried that. So nobody has had trouble hearing you?
    Nope, the two common problems are

1) the finger over the mic as they support the phone up to their ear, or
    2) move your phone farther up your head. sounds weird i know, but a lot of people hold the phone in the wrong spot on the side of their head. moving the phone farther up, therefore making the mic closer to your mouth is another common issue. it sounds like common sense, but is a really easy thing to not pay attention to as i still forgot to hold it up higher. just natural i guess
    Last edited by fuller45; 12-31-08 at 06:53 PM.
    12-31-08 06:41 PM
    Thanks I will try that
    12-31-08 06:45 PM
    I have the same problem. My first Storm was terrible, everybody I talked to would ask what was wrong with my phone. My 2nd one apparently is better, but most still say that I sound muffled.
    (and thanks for the tips on how to speak into a phone... never would have guessed that covering the mic hole would impair its operation)
    12-31-08 06:50 PM
    I upgraded to the .85 Beta OS and have noticed that the sound quality has improved.
    12-31-08 07:05 PM
    Where would I download the .85 beta os or find out if
    I have it already
    01-01-09 12:08 PM
    Where would I download the .85 beta os or find out if
    I have it already have it
    01-01-09 12:11 PM
    check out http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ top sticky thread

latest OS = options>about
    01-01-09 01:17 PM
    mo4 its not just you. When did you get your storm? there were a few other threads made confirming this problem. Some say a replacement device helped solve that problem others said an update fixed it.
    01-01-09 01:26 PM
    Have you tried yelling?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 01:42 PM
    I received my storm on the 22nd. If there is un update to solve this problem I would love to know about it. Anyone anyone
    01-01-09 05:18 PM
    The .85 update did not solve this problem for me.
    01-02-09 08:15 AM
    I have been told I sound muffled. I resolved that by holding the phone differently. I kinda cup the palm of my hand at the base of the phone, which helps direct sound to the mic. Holding it this way has become a habit and it is comfortable as well...no problem whatsoever.

I had my son do the same thing when he was talking to me on his storm and it made a really big difference.
    01-02-09 08:26 AM
    Return it. I had the same problem with my first one so I brought it back for a replacement. My second one one works like a charm.
    01-02-09 09:10 AM
    I had ordered a replacement due to muffled outgoing sound and the replacement was exactly the same. It arrived the same day the .83 leak appeared and I installed it on both phones. The new OS dramatically improved both phones, but my original still sounded better. Everyone I spoke to asked me if I had a new phone and no, I wasn't holding it any differently. Obviously there my be more issues than just the OS, but changing it worked better for me than a replacement. I suggest you try .85 first. There are detailed directions on how to upgrade stickied in the OS forum. Follow those to the letter and you should be fine. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:07 AM
    I had the call quality issue where people could not hear me very well. Eventually had to exchange mine for a new Storm,after clearing the phones memory and resetting everything. New one works perfectly.
    01-02-09 12:39 PM
    Ugh!! I'm having this same problem. Sometimes people don't say anything but occassionally others say it's not clear or they dont hear me at all. I know at first I used to hit the annoying mute by accident ...but now I'm not. I got mine on Dec 29th... Not sure if I should try for another... or just wait it out on new software possibly.
    01-07-09 03:22 PM
    I had the same problem. Everyone I talked to said I sounded muffled or away from the phone. I think it may have beena mic problem. I got a replacement phone and no problems at all.
    01-07-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD