one question for all you members of crackbery that work with AT&T when will the The Curve 8900 be release with AT&T and the storm as well?
    12-31-08 04:31 PM
    I don't work for Att but I know there are no released dates announced. Anything anybody says is just rumors and speculation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 04:34 PM
    My buddy works at att and I just asked him if he knew nething he's said theirs been rumors around but nothing official but he's letting me kno as soon as they get nething

12-31-08 05:59 PM
    I doubt it will be anytime soon since they just released the 8330. My guess they want to milk the **** out of it before they even mention the javelin.
    12-31-08 06:06 PM
    I doubt it will be anytime soon since they just released the 8320. My guess they want to milk the **** out of it before they even mention the javelin.
    Corrected
    12-31-08 06:17 PM
    well just to add to this topic. I asked a best buy mobile guy in the best buy store to see if he had heard anything about the release of the blackberry 8900. He said he has never heard of it and he also said that they usually get the news of a new phone about a month prior to its release.
    12-31-08 06:54 PM
    well just to add to this topic. I asked a best buy mobile guy in the best buy store to see if he had heard anything about the release of the blackberry 8900. He said he has never heard of it and he also said that they usually get the news of a new phone about a month prior to its release.
    maybe the guy at bestbuy isnt a blackberry guy. the 8900 is out there
    12-31-08 08:48 PM
    just not on AT&T yet
    12-31-08 08:48 PM
    well the 8900 isnt out in the US yet as a phone that u would buy from a provider. Its only availible unlocked for us customers for now until att and t-mo get thier 8900's in.
    12-31-08 09:11 PM
    just not on AT&T yet
    The Crackberry.com article with information posted by Boy Genius shows a debut for the 8900 on T-Mobile in the first quarter of 2009. This makes sense as the European market has had it already with T-Mobile's parent company.

I'm sure you could get one via Rogers in Canada like Kevin or find an unlocked one if you really want to.

As far as AT&T carrying the 8900...your guess is a good as anyone's?
    12-31-08 09:15 PM
    I work for them and have no clue honestly.

I have to ask a co-worker of mine that usually gets the tests devices. I want one!
    01-01-09 11:56 AM
    Any updates on a potential release date?
    01-24-09 04:47 AM
    Hi ALL..... any news on ATT and 8900 ???
    01-28-09 09:33 AM
    Well even if the 8900 comes out to ATT, it wouldnt be that big of a deal. Seeing as how, its best feature(not the camera) the free wifi calling, would not be unabled with our network.
    01-28-09 09:48 AM
    some talks about a 3g curve, if the reports of bogging down the EDGE towers and going with 3g then the Javelin makes no sense to release. Hopefully the 3g curve holds some truth and once i get info i will definitely post it.
    01-28-09 09:53 AM
    I work for them and have no clue honestly.

I have to ask a co-worker of mine that usually gets the tests devices. I want one!

that makes me sad
    01-28-09 01:10 PM
    some talks about a 3g curve, if the reports of bogging down the EDGE towers and going with 3g then the Javelin makes no sense to release. Hopefully the 3g curve holds some truth and once i get info i will definitely post it.
    My local at&t store said similar. They insisted that a 3G Curve was eminent and actually talked me out of buying the Bold I went in to buy in favor of waiting for the newer device. The sales rep in the store said the regional rep brought one around for show and tell and he actually confirmed it showed 3G on the screen like the Bold. I brought up a photo of the 8900 on the web and he said the device looked exactly like that only in 3G.

The reason I lend him a little credibility is that he talked me OUT of a sale and hes a BB guy thru and thru and knew what the 8900 was when I showed him the pic. Normally I lend little weight to what the retail store guys say but this was a different experience.
    01-31-09 11:13 PM
    I would love to see the 8900 on ATT. I am not sure why ATT keeps pushing the 3G service, lets face the facts, its only available in major cities right now . I live in MS and if you want to get 3G you either move to Jackson or the Coast. Why they want to push a service that is not widely available to most customers beats me. Now when and if it speads out to other areas in my state I might consider it a priority but for now it just doesnt matter.. Just my 2cents. Either way if the 8900 came to ATT , 3G or not, I would definately try and get one.

Julian
    02-01-09 11:00 AM
    so which berry is the best one to have for us att people??
    02-01-09 03:37 PM
    the 3g curve release isnt around the corner, it might be looking at around 2nd half of this year. If i had a choice i would choose a 3g curve over the bold. As far as the 3g reception here in NY it has been greatly enhanced and im seeing 3g coverage about 95% of the time so i think they might have scrapped the Javelin and will come out with a 3g curve
    02-01-09 03:46 PM
    So were lookin at this summer maybe?

02-01-09 03:48 PM
    According to ChannelWeb and the Boy Genius Report, T-Mobile wont be the only carrier to carry the new BlackBerry Curve 8900. T-Mobile will have a head start, but it shouldn't be too long before AT&T starts selling the phone. After all, they did feature the 8900 at the 2009 CES on the AT&T network. It's just a matter of time now.

Also, I do completely agree with you that it would make no sense for AT&T to sell the 8900 using the old EDGE network. Perhaps the AT&T 8900 will support 3G, giving them an "edge" over T-Mobile.

Source: AT&T To Get BlackBerry Curve 8900 Too - The Channel Wire - IT Channel News And Views by CRN and VARBusiness
    Last edited by asb36; 02-03-09 at 12:50 PM.
    02-03-09 12:48 PM
    I thought AT&T already stated that they won't release any more non-3g smartphones anyways?
    02-03-09 02:39 PM
    I thought AT&T already stated that they won't release any more non-3g smartphones anyways?
    Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link or source for that?
    02-03-09 02:42 PM
    AT&T slowing EDGE to force customers to switch to 3G? - Engadget

This alone would make me think they don't plan on releasing new smartphones with edge network...

Simultaneously downgrading your 2g network, pushing for customers to upgrade to a 3g handset (and offering $200 credits for them to do so), and then releasing new products with 2g service (which would look worse on a worse 2g network) would seem kinda contradictory.
    Last edited by papped; 02-03-09 at 03:03 PM.
    02-03-09 02:59 PM
166 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD