Hello people first off I got my storm on 12/27/08,This is a sweet phone and I'm coming from a pearl to a storm so I'm not new to blackberry, I am new to crackberry forums so be nice, don't come down hard on me,yes this phone is different from any other blackberry products with that being said things will be different this is not the Iphone, I can see were they got of some the Iphone ideals but in today world this is business,I love my storm and I just wish people would have more good things to say about it, I Like like how can talk and text on the phone at the same time this might not be a big to deal to some people,for me that is a big plus, or the fact when I wont to get out of business mode when I'm the train all I have to do load my movie that I have on 8G card that comes with my storm and watch a Dark Knight the movie on my storm and watch people come by and say what kind of phone is that it must be a Iphone and than I turn around and say I'm doing this on a blackberry storm than they say dam that's tight I didn't know you could do that on a blackberry, see what the storm can do I know some is going to hate on my post,but that's job I'm happy with my phone and that's the FACT,sorry for the long post just wanted to make point.
    Last edited by R69L; 01-03-09 at 02:44 PM.
    12-31-08 12:13 PM
    I'm one of the few that are happy with the storm as well...I bought mine in the beginning of dec and haven't been disappointed at all...this is my first BB and I don't know how I've gotten all this time without one..IF i have to buy another phone, my next phone will be a BB...I love it...I think there were some misconceptions about what the phone is suppose to be...its not an Iphone...its a BB...and I'm completely satisfied...
    12-31-08 12:27 PM
    So.... you dont want to hear from us "unhappy" Storm owners that returned their devices?
    12-31-08 12:30 PM
    The title says Let's Hear From The Happy Storm OWNER'S,Geit
    So.... you dont want to hear from us "unhappy" Storm owners that returned their devices?
    12-31-08 12:34 PM
    I got my Storm on launch day, and haven't put it down since. The iPhone definately has it's points (music and video, and the app store), but those don't make up for the terrible AT&T coverage area, and the complete iFAIL on Apple's push notifications. I NEED to get my calls and my emails ON TIME, otherwise I would have no income!!!

When I travel, which I do alot, I check the many people in the airport, and see which phone(s) they have. It's always a SEA of blackberrys, a couple of Palms, and maybe (MAYBE!) one iPhone.

I've had several people approach me and ask about my phone, and I've demo'd it repeatedly with the same result (people always WANT one). I'm sure verizon will be sending me a thank you note. (rolls eyes)

Enjoy your new Storm, the software will come soon. Just remember, it's only a month old, and I think it has a very bright future.

Happy New Year Crackheads!
    12-31-08 12:40 PM
    I've had mine since the Tues. after launch and I love it.
    12-31-08 12:44 PM
    I got mine on 27th December and I love it.

I've not had any problems apart from one crash when I used the camera and sometimes the keyboard is a bit slow to go from vertical to horizontal.

I love it. I had a blackberry 2 years ago but never got the emails set up on it.

There are always 3 things I check mulitple times a day on the internet, first thing in the morning, before I go to bed. Hotmail, University Email and Facebook and now everytime I get a message I know straight away.

Also - it just looks so sexy. I want to lick it.
    12-31-08 12:50 PM
    I got my storm on launch day and have been gone from somewhat satisfied to happy with the device 98% of the time. waiting patiently for more upgrades.
    12-31-08 12:54 PM
    Want to hear from the happy Storm owner's what?

Lovin' my Storm though...
    12-31-08 12:56 PM
    I have had mine since dec 3rd, liked it the first few days but was also irritated with it like no other. After about a week with it I started to really like it, now after update and dl cool apps and discovering crackberry I am addicted to it. Most of my problems in the beginning were just getting used to the OS as I am a first time BB user and its a little quirky. Also had to get used to the touch screen with click but now i love the click.
    12-31-08 01:02 PM
    I switched from a Blackberry Curve on Tmo that i've had since Feb and was the love of my life. Reception was fine while I llived in CT bt when I moved to Philly I realized how much Tmo sucked. Then I switched over to the Storm on 12/23 and ii swear it was love @ first text. Also the service is about a million times better even in CT where I already thought I had great coverage. No complaints... Well except for the whole Jivetalk thing bt ii found a way around that.. so for now I'm a very content Blackberry user.
    12-31-08 01:03 PM

Also - it just looks so sexy. I want to lick it.
    Why do I suddenly feel like I ffwd to Halloween 2009 and this is a Captain Morgan Commercial... I know what I'm going as next year.
    12-31-08 01:24 PM
    Got mine 11/21/08.

I've been very happy. The wife & kids got me a PSP for christmas & I'm reluctant to tell them I wish they had just spent the $$ on acessories/Apps for Storm.

I find myself using it far more than any previous phones I've had.

Oil change at the dealership? watch a video.

Nap time: listen to some tunes.

In-laws house for dinner: Email, Surf ETC

Kids antsy at the resturant : brickbreaker

I'm also at least 90% more timely in reponding to E-mails ETC
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 01-01-09 at 12:18 PM.
    01-01-09 12:16 PM
    I got my Storm on Launch day and i love it. It’s my first Blackberry, and I’m going from using a laptop on the road 3 hours a day for to using my phone for like 6 hours a day (most of it for work) lol. I get more done now. I love the idea of being able to upgrade the software as leaks or upgrades and to see how the phone gets better with each upgrade/leak. Last night, I used it for a timer for a poker game I was in. NICE! I love the Video on the phone, photos, Web Surfing, Easy Email Integration, personal and work schedules, oh yea and its really good Cell phone. I could not be happier with my upgrade choice. Yes there are issues. But that’s like everything new. There will be issues, you get it fixed.
    01-01-09 12:25 PM
    I've had mine since launch........my birthday present to myself! I LUV it and pretty much never put it down. I'm new to bb and haven't figured out all the features yet(just figured out how to get album art to download| working on figuring out videos .......if only I didn't have to work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 12:30 PM
    I've had mine since launch and haven't let go of it since. I came from an iPhone 3G so my expectations were naturally high. I can say that I'm more addicted to my Storm than I was the iPhone.

My only gripes with the Storm right now are the occasional glitches that cause a daily battery pull, and the really terrible coverage in my apartment (which is by no means the phone's fault).
    01-01-09 12:33 PM
    I'm also still on my first Storm and love using this thing everyday!
    01-01-09 12:34 PM
    I've had mine since 17th of Dec. Tool a little to get used to comeing from the Curve but i do love it! (As soon as Slingbox has a working application i'll be happier with it) Sometimes i miss the physical keyboard, but otherwise the gemeral functionality of the device is "Bodacious"!
    01-01-09 12:39 PM
    I received mine the day after launch day. I LOVE IT. Sure it has a few minor issues but overall I am extremely happy and I know I will be happier after the next upgrade.
    01-01-09 12:51 PM
    I got my pearl a year ago and thought I was addicted. I'm really hooked now! Yes there is some lag and bugs, but its to be expected. Its a brand new platform! I love it, its mine and no you can't touch it!

01-01-09 02:37 PM
    I'm coming from a UTStarcom 6700 (yep, my first BB), so getting used to the virtual keyboard is taking a little time, but that was expected. In all other aspects of the Storm...I LOVE IT!

Texting is smoother, e-mail retreival is faster, syncing with my BT headset is far easier. I let a friend with an IPhone play with it, he wants one, but is under contract with his IPhone.

I do miss the "Today" screen, but I'm sure there will be an app soon for it. Enough typing...I need to play with my Storm some more!
    01-01-09 03:16 PM
    I'm on my 3rd storm and I love it just as much as I loved my first

01-01-09 07:43 PM
    i'm very happy with the storm. my first unit had hardware issues (click, dust), but the new one is great. now we just need to wait for apps to get developed!
    01-02-09 05:45 AM
    I love my Storm. I find myself using it for some functions when I don't want to bothered with my laptop. It's really simplified my life.
    01-02-09 06:28 AM
    I also came from a Pearl to the Storm and I loved that first Blackberry. But now I'm really addicted to this thing. I find it in my hand almost 18 hours a day (although some of that time is Brickbreaker). The wife and kids think I may need therapy soon. They're just jealous!
    01-02-09 06:56 AM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD