So, I finally get my BB Storm on Christmas Eve. I unwrap it early. (Wife still upset about that!) I am excited because as far as I can tell this is by far, the best phone, pda, jack of all trades that I have ever had.

Christmas morning I start to take pics with my new Storm. This is where the problems start. It was taking 45 secs. to take a picture. Not a movie or a video, a picture.

Then I start getting calls. I hit the answer button, nothing. I hit the green hard button,nothing. Call ends. I call Mom back and she said she heard me saying that the damn phone wont answer and she hangs up. I pull the battery. It helped for 15 minutes.

After 4 days and too many battery pulls, I call Verizon. Tell them what is going on. Within 30 secs I hear "What address would you like your New Storm sent to?"
    I hope that I just had a lemon and that this is not the start of a bad habit. Has anyone else had this happen also.
    Happy New Year to all.
    12-31-08 09:46 AM
    Loads of folks have had these issues and got new ones

good luck with the new one!
    12-31-08 09:51 AM
    I recieved my 5th one yesterday and the phone quality is so bad I have to use my bluetooth. They are at a loss as to why the call quality among all the other problems I am having on my phones. They suggested I go to another model. But I just want a Storm that isn't having major screen click issues or sounds like I am in a tunnel. Customer service has asked for me to send mine in to be looked at by Blackberry. Very frustrating to say the least...
    12-31-08 10:10 AM
    I recieved my 5th one yesterday and the phone quality is so bad I have to use my bluetooth. They are at a loss as to why the call quality among all the other problems I am having on my phones. They suggested I go to another model. But I just want a Storm that isn't having major screen click issues or sounds like I am in a tunnel. Customer service has asked for me to send mine in to be looked at by Blackberry. Very frustrating to say the least...

Give it up man...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 10:14 AM
    I am on my 5th Phone as well, and Number 5 has a problem where the key next to the blackberry key is raised up vs the blackberry key, causing it to get caught when I put it in the OEM belt case. The build quality sucks! .. I still haven't found the Perfect Storm!
    12-31-08 10:23 AM
    Give it up man...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

For $199 and two years of my contract, the least they can do is provide us with a handset the functions 100% the way that it is supposed to.
    12-31-08 10:24 AM
    I am on my 5th Phone as well, and Number 5 has a problem where the key next to the blackberry key is raised up vs the blackberry key, causing it to get caught when I put it in the OEM belt case. The build quality sucks! .. I still haven't found the Perfect Storm!
    I had problem with uneven buttons on both my original and replacement storm.
    12-31-08 10:26 AM
    My camera takes a few seconds to snap also but just figured that was normal since it auto focuses. I have the same issue with the calling from time to time. Happens especially when it's locked in my pocket and pull it out. I'll hit the answer button and the ringer will start over and next thing I know I missed the call. Today I got an error message and my storm shut down on me. It rebooted and happened again so I did a battery pull and everything seems ok.

I absolutely love my storm and hate to think that I need to get a replacement. I'm still on my original storm with .75 installed and have had it since 12/18. I've been hoping these are issues that will be corrected with future updates.

Any advice?
    12-31-08 11:23 AM
    Mine works great, 3 weeks strong and growing =]
    12-31-08 11:25 AM
    I've had mine for almost a month now, and I've decided the dust under the screen is annoying, so I'm going to try to get a replacement. That and my green send button feels loose. They told me on the phone I'd have to pay 500 and then send back my old phone to get it credited back off, so I'm going to try to do it through the store like they suggested. Sucks though, cause other then the dust and button, my storm doesn't have a lot of problems, I'm worried the replacement will >.<
    12-31-08 11:31 AM
    Hope your new ones works better
    12-31-08 11:33 AM
    The sad thing is there are no other phones Verizon carries that wouldn't seem like a huge downgrade to me. On a side note, I have found when I am connected to a land line the sound and call quality are excellent. It is only when I am talking to another cell line that it is so muffled.
    01-01-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD