Anyone noticed in the commercial that when the user moves his fingers through the home screen menus, it highlights the buttons that the finger moves over? It seems like it only highlights on the Storm if you touch the button instead. Is there anyway we can get it to function like that for the Storm? (I hope I make sense!)
    12-31-08 04:50 AM
    This worked on .65 and .75, but has been disabled on .83 and .85. If your running the first two, what you need to do is organize or hide or do whatever you have to do to have your home screen have only 16 icons in portrait or 12 in landscape. Basically have your homescreen to where it doesn't 'scroll' down because too many icons. Then you'll be able to get the 'blue to follow' your finger. I hope I'm making sense here.

Again this ONLY works in .65 and .75 OS's.
    12-31-08 04:56 AM
    Darn that sucks. I'm running on .85.

I figured it would be a stress reliever in the palm of my hands when I need it!
    12-31-08 04:58 AM
    Only on .75 here, but let me get this straight when you have any later OS version installed you can not just touch the icon to highlight it you have to actually select it?
    12-31-08 05:41 AM
    Only on .75 here, but let me get this straight when you have any later OS version installed you can not just touch the icon to highlight it you have to actually select it?
    No, that is not what the OP is saying. he is saying he wants to run his ginger over the available tiles and see the blue highlight follow him
    12-31-08 07:47 AM
    No. What they're saying is that if you touch an icon and drag your finger over the rest of the icons, the blue "hover" doesn't follow your finger. So far, it only does this in OS versions older than .83.
    12-31-08 07:49 AM
    That does not happen on mine. I'm on .75
    12-31-08 07:53 AM
    How many icons do you have on your home screen?
    12-31-08 07:55 AM
    Twenty. Ah. I just saw the post above that says you must have fewer than one screen of icons.

Nevermind. Mine probably woudl do it if I didn't have so much junk.

BTW, why does anyone care about this? It's just eye candy.

I'm sure they disabled it because it is confusing for it to act one way under certain conditions and another way under other conditions. A user interface should be consistent.
    12-31-08 08:00 AM
    It should, make sure that you don't have more than 16 icons in portrait mode.
    12-31-08 08:02 AM
    I have .75 and I hid all but 8 icons and I cannot get the finger slide highlight to work on my home screen, and never have. When I press the menu button to go to the second view it works though.
    12-31-08 09:02 AM
    I have .75 and I hid all but 8 icons and I cannot get the finger slide highlight to work on my home screen, and never have. When I press the menu button to go to the second view it works though.
    That's the home screen they are talking about.
    12-31-08 09:07 AM
    In all OS's if you just lightly tap your finger while moving it around the home screen icons the blue glow will "follow".

A bit more manual than it just chasing your finger but it's not too much work to just tap lightly.
    Last edited by worldrevolver; 12-31-08 at 09:39 AM.
    12-31-08 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD