I'm trying to setup my 9530 to get email, sms, and mms delivery/read confirmation.
    I think I found the one for email, but when I sent a test email to my PC, and using Outlook, when I received it it asked if I wanted to send a read receipt I clicked OK, but nothing came back to the 9530. What am I missing here?

Also can't find anything about a delivery/read for sms or mms.

Tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    12-30-08 01:28 PM
    When you're in SMS/MMS click the menu button and go to options. From there you will be able to make the changes. Keep in mind if you send a SMS/MMS out of network, you may not receive the confirmation.
    12-30-08 01:30 PM
    Ok I found it,,thanks
    12-30-08 01:47 PM
    When you're in SMS/MMS click the menu button and go to options. From there you will be able to make the changes. Keep in mind if you send a SMS/MMS out of network, you may not receive the confirmation.
    Send a screen shot for delivery confirmation of SMS... because there isn't one that I can see. Just for E-mail.
    12-30-08 01:49 PM
    On my 8310 it lives in Options -> SMS, under "delivery report". This is one of the best features of Blackberry, in my view, being able to see that a text has been delivered; I haven't seen a comparable facility on the iPhone...
    01-02-09 04:59 PM
    So there is no way to know whether your sms messages were opened? I always thought when the little D comes up on your screen next to the message that meant that they viewed it but i dont know..
    01-02-09 05:03 PM
    It might be different on the Storm, but on my Curve I haven't seen a way to get read confirmation for SMS. I get one tick when the message is sent, and a second when it is delivered. (So can tell if the recipient's phone is on and they are in coverage). The only thing I know of that gets read confirmation is Blackberry Messaging...
    01-02-09 05:14 PM
    ok, I have the curve 8320, and I remember I used to get the D to change to an R for either received or read, either way I got a new curve exactly the same, but I cannot get these for my sms anymore

so when I go to options under messegges I do get a screen where I can change these options but it's only for each one of my email accounts, not SMS which is what I want.
    I have Tmobile, anybody know anything? or with the OS upgrade did this option disappear?
    running 4.5.0.81
    03-16-09 03:38 PM
    On my 8310 (Vodafone UK), delivery and receipt are shown by either one or two ticks, rather than a D and R - perhaps this is to do with my theme? Getting delivery confirmation for SMS on my phone (which Options -> About says is running 4.5.0.110), I went to Options -> SMS, and the top option is "Delivery Report". Setting this to "On" did the trick for me... Good luck!
    03-16-09 03:49 PM
    On my 8310 (Vodafone UK), delivery and receipt are shown by either one or two ticks, rather than a D and R - perhaps this is to do with my theme? Getting delivery confirmation for SMS on my phone (which Options -> About says is running 4.5.0.110), I went to Options -> SMS, and the top option is "Delivery Report". Setting this to "On" did the trick for me... Good luck!
    thanks jezreel,
    I've tried that, and all I do have an option like that on is the emails, and under options it does show me that choice but it doesn't make a difference, and I'm starting to think it's the OS?
    hopefully some one else will have a different idea?
    thanks though
    03-17-09 12:35 PM
    bump, any luck with this? I am having a similar problem
    04-30-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD