I Just got my replacement phone and trying to activate my gmail account but for some reason it keeps telling me unable to validate or unable to setup my email account. Anyone know of any reasons? I already tried searching for one.

Also when trying to connect to Opera Mini it will say " Failed to Connect to the Internet. Verification of serve certificate failed. Please Check the date setting in your device"
    And yes...I did allow the low level of network connection.

I haven't had these problems on my previous storm.
    Please help, if you can.
    12-30-08 01:00 PM
    In your Gmail account, from the web, you might need to deactivate the phone, and then reactivate it. I had a similar problem, and this helped with that.
    12-30-08 01:09 PM
    If you aren't comfortable doing this yourself, you can call Verizon's Blackberry tech support center and they will revalidate the account on your new phone for you. 800-922-0204
    12-30-08 01:13 PM
    Hmm...that's strange about Opera. Does your regular browser work? Try uninstalling it then reinstalling, see if that works. As for gmail, I know that they don't work well with Blackberries for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 01:16 PM
    Yea the regular browsers works, but for some reason opera mini wont connect even after i uninstalled and reinstalled...For some reason i think my new storm wasn't activated correctly...if that makes any sense. The verizon support guy had some trouble activating so....idk
    12-30-08 01:27 PM
    Call CS. It's easier to hook it up that way.
    12-30-08 01:51 PM
    Hmm...that's strange about Opera. Does your regular browser work? Try uninstalling it then reinstalling, see if that works. As for gmail, I know that they don't work well with Blackberries for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not to be a kool-aide drinker, but Both Opera mini and Gmail app work seamlessly with my Curve 8310. Sometimes there is a message lag between gmail and other carries as a text-service (ie sprint.messaging etc) but nothing that a few minutes of refresh usually doesn't fix.
    12-30-08 01:55 PM
    I tried asking customer service about the gmail problem and the guy said he would need to speak to someone "higher up" to help me....they are going to call back at a later time......hopefully. Also, would Verizon customer service be familiar with my questions about opera mini...? Or would they say its a 3rd party app and that they couldn't help?
    I feel like just reactivating my previous storm and deal with the messed up screen by putting something behind the battery.
    12-30-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD