Hi all,

Just downloaded Vlingo for my Bold...i have it all set up and it seems to work other than when i press the button to activate it, i say the name i want to call and it finds it...but unless im doing something wrong...it doesnt automatically dial the number. Now is it supposed to do that or is it meant to automatically dial the number??. And if its meant to dial the number automatically then how do i configure it to do so.

Quite a neat app i have to admit...finding so many cool apps for my Bold.

Anyone help??
    Last edited by Spawn12; 12-30-08 at 06:26 AM.
    12-30-08 06:19 AM
    Does your contact have multiple phone number entries! Like one for home, one for mobile etc? Try saying "call so and so AT Home", be more specific it should auto dial.

Works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 06:26 AM
    Does your contact have multiple phone number entries! Like one for home, one for mobile etc? Try saying "call so and so AT Home", be more specific it should auto dial.

Works for me.

Well not really, some do and some dont. For instance if i call my mum at home...it finds the entry but then doesnt dial it.

I must be doing something wrong...i press the left side button...wait for the tone, say the name i want to call...it then thinks then finds the entry no problem and repeats it back to me...but doesnt dial it out automatically as it should do.
    12-30-08 06:33 AM
    Ok figured it out lol...it works perfectly fine
    12-30-08 06:39 AM
    Right the app works brilliantly now...only one thing, been having a read through the help files with the app on my Bold. I noticed that you can open certain apps within the Bold...so thats pretty cool actually but i tried opening the messenger app but it seems like it wont have it. I can open calendar, messages and contacts no problems but it wont play ball when i say open messenger...tried even saying open bb messenger and open blackberry messenger. But all to no avail...has anyone got it working so it opens the bb messenger when u ask it to??.

Or maybe i got it wrong and its not supposed to do it....hmm otherwise what an awesome app...much better than the built in voice dialling app.
    12-30-08 07:29 AM
    some apps are supported while some don't. that's it.

now i didn't try this myself, but you can try to move those apps out of their "folder" and into the "home" folder. maybe Vlingo could *see* them that way.

if all fails, i wish guys at Vlingo can work out a solution too. Even better, let user build shortcuts with voice command.
    12-30-08 01:43 PM
    threadjack alert! Spawn, what Bold OS u runnin? I just "upgraded" from .190 to .217 and I've lost vlingo. A delete and reinstall did nothing to help the error of it not being able to record. Bummer too; I love vlingo and use(d) it all the time for memos, replies, etc.
    12-30-08 02:03 PM
    threadjack alert! Spawn, what Bold OS u runnin? I just "upgraded" from .190 to .217 and I've lost vlingo. A delete and reinstall did nothing to help the error of it not being able to record. Bummer too; I love vlingo and use(d) it all the time for memos, replies, etc.
    Ive been running .190 o/s buddy....which is what it came with when i bought it a few weeks ago from someone off here.

I was thinking of upgrading to a newer o/s but to be honest...190 has been really good for me so i figure why do it if it aint broke.
    12-30-08 02:49 PM
    some apps are supported while some don't. that's it.

now i didn't try this myself, but you can try to move those apps out of their "folder" and into the "home" folder. maybe Vlingo could *see* them that way.

if all fails, i wish guys at Vlingo can work out a solution too. Even better, let user build shortcuts with voice command.
    Hey buddy..yeh i moved the apps i wanted to the home folder but still no go...no biggie though as it works pretty well...altho it will still come up with the wrong entry after saying something.

But yeh letting us end users configure shortcuts for the voice commands would be awesome.
    12-30-08 02:51 PM
    I dont' know I've downloaded Vlingo every time an update gets dropped for it and I never seem to like the application.

I don't know if it's the way I speak or if I have too many contact in my book but all my texts or emails send with at least 2 names in address book. Oh well maybe the next release will be better.
    12-30-08 04:09 PM
    Which version did you guys download since there are none for the Bold yet?
    01-02-09 02:41 PM
    Which version did you guys download since there are none for the Bold yet?
    ================
    Just downloaded the generic version ("other") to my Bold and it works as advertised.
    01-03-09 05:52 PM
    I can't get this app to work. When I push the left button my led turns red and gives me an error message. Can anyone help? I really want to use this app.

Thank you

01-03-09 06:23 PM
    I can't get this app to work. When I push the left button my led turns red and gives me an error message. Can anyone help? I really want to use this app.

Thank you

Do you keep your finger pressed on the button while you are speaking?... then let go of it when you complete your voice prompt?
    01-03-09 07:01 PM
    I had vlingo working on .190 and lost it when I made the jump to .217. That's why I asked the Q above. I'm bettin' JShultz is running a version .2xx OS. Spawn12 will want to stay with .190 to keep the app working. Communication with vlingo support suggests that they are working on compatibility with the newer BBs (Bolds with latest OS and Storms). I like .217 overall. This is the only down-side, so I'm waiting for vlingo's inevitable upgrade. (just hopin the keep it free
    01-03-09 07:20 PM
    Yeah I am running .217, that must be it. Thank you

01-03-09 07:51 PM

Thank you

Do you keep your finger pressed on the button while you are speaking?... then let go of it when you complete your voice prompt?
    I had vlingo working on .190 and lost it when I made the jump to .217. That's why I asked the Q above. I'm bettin' JShultz is running a version .2xx OS. Spawn12 will want to stay with .190 to keep the app working. Communication with vlingo support suggests that they are working on compatibility with the newer BBs (Bolds with latest OS and Storms). I like .217 overall. This is the only down-side, so I'm waiting for vlingo's inevitable upgrade. (just hopin the keep it free
    I am on .217 as well. The problem is you have to go into options > advanced options > applications > select vlingo > menu > then change all permissions to allow. Someone helped me with this a few weeks ago and it worked like a charm. Wish you the best of luck
    01-03-09 08:54 PM
    I am on .217 as well. The problem is you have to go into options > advanced options > applications > select vlingo > menu > then change all permissions to allow. Someone helped me with this a few weeks ago and it worked like a charm. Wish you the best of luck
    I have them all set to Allow but still gives me an error message in the set up when I push the record button.
    01-04-09 02:15 PM
    I downloaded Vlingo and have it set up and working - just takes too long to do things. I could finished texting and send it normal way by the time vlingo even recognizes what my message is.
    01-04-09 02:36 PM
    I downloaded Vlingo and have it set up and working - just takes too long to do things. I could finished texting and send it normal way by the time vlingo even recognizes what my message is.
    I agree completely. Its a neat application, it worked for me but it takes too long to do a task that could have taken a 10th of the time. I have uninstalled it.
    01-04-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD