SlingPlayer mobile JUST got released (public beta mobile.slingmedia.com). it isn't "supported" for 8330 on verizon but I got the link to download the app from a friend who has a "supported" phone (bold on att) and i downloaded it. I had my fingers crossed.....ran the app.....and got the following:

"SlingPlayer is not installed properly. Please install again."

does ANYONE know ANYTHING we can try to make this app work on 8330 on verizon??

THANKS!!
    12-29-08 11:40 PM
    From what I have seen on other sites the software is still rather buggy
    12-30-08 03:57 AM
    The Curve version will work on the VZW 8330 if you install the JAD file directly. Then, the catch to getting it to work is to run the app when your phone has no signal - an "X" for signal strength. It will not start if you have a signal. Then when you reestablish a signal, it will start to stream.

SlingPlayer mobile JUST got released (public beta mobile.slingmedia.com). it isn't "supported" for 8330 on verizon but I got the link to download the app from a friend who has a "supported" phone (bold on att) and i downloaded it. I had my fingers crossed.....ran the app.....and got the following:

"SlingPlayer is not installed properly. Please install again."

does ANYONE know ANYTHING we can try to make this app work on 8330 on verizon??

THANKS!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 09:02 PM
    The Curve version will work on the VZW 8330 if you install the JAD file directly. Then, the catch to getting it to work is to run the app when your phone has no signal - an "X" for signal strength. It will not start if you have a signal. Then when you reestablish a signal, it will start to stream.

That is just crazy, nice trick though. I find the craziest fixes for software all the time. I am downloading it on my 8330 right now to see what I experience. I will post again with results!
    03-15-09 11:59 PM
    I just got the Slingbox Pro-HD, mainly so that I could use it with my Blackberry Curve 8330 (Verizon). I've looked at everything I can find online and have tried to do this install; but unfortunately, I get as far as accepting the terms and conditions and reviewing the BB controls for the Slingbox and then the program seems to stall (Slingbox animation just goes and goes)...I know that Verizon is the more difficult of carriers and that the software isn't made specifically for the 8330, but any additional advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    03-23-09 02:56 PM
    how did you get it to install with no signal?
    05-24-09 11:18 PM
    Followed the directions on here and got it working on my Sprint curve 8330. But I get the 30 day trial message when app is launched. I want to purchase so I can register it. Is there a way for me to do this?
    09-04-09 04:44 PM
    Please help me !!!
    09-11-09 12:03 PM
    Does anyone know how to make this app work on 8330 for Verizon?
    09-11-09 12:05 PM
    On my Sprint 8330 I've installed the player from the url, turned off the mobile network connection, turned it back on after the program is running, discovered my slingbox but then the program says it's expired and won't even give me a way to register it. Does anyone happen to have an url that can get an up-to-date trial download?

I have 8 days plus another 24 hours on the road without internet or TV coming up and I would love to be able to use the 8330 to watch my slingbox.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cybersma; 09-20-09 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Found the new URL and it works
    09-20-09 01:24 AM
    The url that worked for my 8330 is: xttp://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_def_EN_US.jad

Obviously has to add the x cause I can't post urls
    09-20-09 02:16 AM
    Got it running tonight; great picture and sound from the satellite; however, phone goes dead on incoming emails. Don't know about incoming phone calls. Battery pull fixes it until next email. Other than that, it's great.
    10-20-09 07:14 PM
    Hey, this is my first post, but i use the site alot to learn things about my phone. well i got slingbox installed and i get to the point where i need to connect to my slingbox and it just does nothing. you can login and view the slingboxes you currently have but you cant connect to any of them. Does anyone know what is going on or have a workaround? thanks.
    12-17-09 01:26 PM
    If you check out the forums on Sling Medias web site they have it working on all curves, i have it on a verizon and a sprint curve. You just have to follow the steps and it works perfectly.
    12-17-09 05:35 PM
    Does anyone know how to make this app work on 8330 for Verizon?
    I don't have it but a friend at work installed the sprint firmware on his vzw 8330 curve and the install slingplayer and worked from the start.
    12-17-09 08:01 PM
    slingboxes website doesnt list the 8330 as being supported, everything but actually. and i confrimed it didnt work when i installed it and couldnt get it to work. after a few days of frustration i gave up and uninstalled it. thanks anyway.
    12-19-09 07:00 PM
    I got this working on my Curve from VZW last night and it works great! I needed a new OS but after I got that I followed the steps and it was working in no time.

My only question is that the player is free for 30 days you have to register it. I don't mind paying for it but when I click "register" all I get is a field to type in the key. How do I get the key in the first place?

02-04-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD