I've done many a search on this topic and have found similar posts, but too many of them have different answers, and I'm looking for a final answer. I've been charging my phone all night, about 8 hours on the charger right now, and it says it's at 100% battery but the lightning bolt is still there, and no green LED light is present.

Does the lightning bolt stay there the whole time? Or is it not "fully charged" even though it says it's at 100%?

Thanks mates.
    12-29-08 12:17 PM
    THe lightning bolt will go away once the batt is fully charged. Even if your device says 100%, that does not mean that the batt is fully charged. Only when the bolt goes away is your batt fully charged.

If this is your first time doing this, the bolt can take a rather long time to go away but rest assure, it will go away once it is charged to its capacity.

My sister's storm took over 10 hours to fully charge yesterday. She was convinced that her phone was broken. I told her to keep with it and the bolt went away at 12am.
    12-29-08 12:21 PM
    It's not fully charged and topped-off until that lightning bolt goes away. It can take quite a while in my experience-- a lot longer than I expected. Must be a very slow trickle charge to preserve battery health (for longer-term use)
    12-29-08 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. I guess I can tolerate a slow charge if it means more battery life.
    12-29-08 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. I guess I can tolerate a slow charge if it means more battery life.
    I've found that the batt life dramatically improves after a good full charge!
    12-29-08 12:24 PM
    Not sure of that. My Storm has been plugged for a really long time and the bolt never went away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 12:38 PM
    I've also done a few 15 hour charges and the battery life has improved drastically. Also, try a battery pull if you have charged it for a very long time but have not been able to get that lightning bolt to disappear...
    12-29-08 12:40 PM
    Not sure of that. My Storm has been plugged for a really long time and the bolt never went away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Like I said, my sister said the same exact thing and after a really LONG time, the bolt went away.
    12-29-08 12:42 PM
    I think if your in doubt, let it run COMPLETELY out then charge it up.
    12-29-08 12:44 PM
    Like I said, my sister said the same exact thing and after a really LONG time, the bolt went away.
    Lightning bolt went away in the midst of this thread! No green LED light, but all charged!
    12-29-08 12:52 PM
    You can also try turning off the power using the "press-and-hold" on the red end key. Plug in once the screen is totally black. The green LED will blink while charging and then become solid green once the charging is complete.

Yes, it can take time. My storm took almost 8 hours to complete the the initial charge. Battery time improved by letting the battery run down to the 5-10% level and then charging as I described.

By the way, if you are running on .83 or .85, you may want to turn off your wireless radio before doing the power off button to avoid being stuck on the Verizon Logo Death screen!!
    12-29-08 01:19 PM
    You can also try turning off the power using the "press-and-hold" on the red end key. Plug in once the screen is totally black. The green LED will blink while charging and then become solid green once the charging is complete.
    Does the green LED light only come on when the phone is off and charging?
    12-29-08 02:46 PM
    It will unless you have it turned on:
    Options>Screen/Keyboard>LED Coverage Indicator>(On/Off)

If you have it set to ON, the the green light will blink all day long indicating that you have a connection to the Verizon network. This can become very annoying, but it is an option for you to choose.

When set to OFF, I have only seen the flashing or solid green when charging as described.
    12-29-08 02:50 PM
    I also have the same problem after I wen to .75. I left it charing for about 36 hours and it never went away.
    12-29-08 03:42 PM
    It will unless you have it turned on:
    Options>Screen/Keyboard>LED Coverage Indicator>(On/Off)

If you have it set to ON, the the green light will blink all day long indicating that you have a connection to the Verizon network. This can become very annoying, but it is an option for you to choose.

When set to OFF, I have only seen the flashing or solid green when charging as described.
    I didn't know that! I changed it to on. I think it looks pretty. I will keep my eye on it to see if it drains my battery any faster.
    Thanks!
    12-29-08 07:05 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I did a battery pulled and the bolt went away with a solid green led
    12-30-08 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD