I have the issue after the .85 update where I can no longer log into my VVM. It just stays at the login screen and doesn't even come up with an error. hitting the softkey and hitting login closes out of VVM, again no errors.

I've tried wiping the phone using java commander
    -wipe, install .75 - no success
    -wipe, install .83 - no success
    -wipe, install .85 - no success
    -worked with a verizon tech who had me do countless battery pulls, reinstalls, remove and addition of feature.
    -had feature removed with verizon customer service, deleted VVM software off phone, soft reset, resent service books, installed VVM (like I'm a brand new user) and still have the same problem.

I talked to a verizon, what I think was a tech 2 or 3 and she stated she had definately heard of this issue before and that the only "solution" rim had put out was to wipe the phone and try again. she admitted she had other customers try this with no success. the only current "fix" they have for this is to replace the phone. I declined stating that everything else on my phone was fine (i'm hoping this fixes itself with a software update). I have no other listed issues so I am not giving up my Storm .

Anyone else have this issue and have a fix for it?
    12-28-08 10:16 PM
    Didn't want to start a new thread on this, so i figured i could stem off of this one. I woke up this morning and had an error message about my VVM, Something along the lines of the PIN has changed or something. So, i tried logging back in. Told me PIN was inactive or account not found. I pulled the battery, same thing. I then re-installed the ap and it still will not log in. When i go to my regular voicemail, my old pin still works. Same pin i've had for 3+ years. Any help?

Running .99
    02-04-09 09:11 AM
    My Visual voice mail won't accept pin but calling in will?! I am running the latest "official" storm software release and didn't do anything between yesterday and today (vvm was working fine yesterday). I called verizon support and they said a ticket was outstanding on this issue and the only short term solution was to uninstall and re-install vvm. I haven't tried it yet, mostly because I was mad that I would have to go through all that just to get a core app running again (that we all pay extra for if I remember correctly).
    Mike
    02-04-09 09:22 AM
    Thanks Mike.
    I tried reinstalling VVM from the application center, over the existing VVM.
    I have had no such luck. If i continue to have problems with this program i'm not going to be paying for it, be it 3.00$ a month or .25 cents. Argh..
    02-04-09 09:24 AM
    Identical problem here.
    Edit: Did all the usual user troubleshooting things and, like above and below, no use.
    F'ing-A Cotton. F'in A.

11.35am EST update: Still FUBAR
    Last edited by Midnight Q; 02-04-09 at 10:36 AM. Reason: update
    02-04-09 09:49 AM
    glad to know it's a system issue....I thought my phone was the only one acting up. Did a battery pull....reinstall....nothing worked.

Now I don't have to spend the rest of my morning on the phone with CS. I'll wait until I bug them about it.
    02-04-09 10:25 AM
    It's strange that so many phones were effected on the exact same day.
    02-04-09 10:34 AM
    glad to know it's a system issue....I thought my phone was the only one acting up. Did a battery pull....reinstall....nothing worked.

Now I don't have to spend the rest of my morning on the phone with CS. I'll wait until I bug them about it.
    Not a system issue IMO. It really depends on the error you are getting. My VVM worked after the .90 upgrade and the VVM app upgrade.
    02-04-09 10:36 AM
    Not a system issue IMO. It really depends on the error you are getting. My VVM worked after the .90 upgrade and the VVM app upgrade.
    Well it won't accept my password but when I call in it accepts it....It worked fine at 11:05 last night when I got my last voicemail....now it's not working...I didn't upgrade anything since the VVM upgrade a few weeks ago.....sounds like a system issue to me....
    02-04-09 11:02 AM
    I think the OP isn't a system thing, but Brians problem, which is identical to mine, and apparently at least two other people, sounds like something systemic because we're all getting the same "Incorrect PIN or no account found" message as of the same time this morning.

could be wrong, though I hope not.
    02-04-09 11:04 AM
    Yeah, it sounded like verizon support was getting at least a few calls about this becuse the tech was familiar with the issue. I hadn't changed anything on the phone in at least a few days. I don't have a 'leaked' os running on it, its all legit and somehow poof, vvm just stopped working. I reinstalled it llike the tech said and rebooted and no dice. Still prompting me with that pin screen.
    Mike
    02-04-09 11:13 AM
    Yeah, it sounded like verizon support was getting at least a few calls about this becuse the tech was familiar with the issue. I hadn't changed anything on the phone in at least a few days. I don't have a 'leaked' os running on it, its all legit and somehow poof, vvm just stopped working. I reinstalled it llike the tech said and rebooted and no dice. Still prompting me with that pin screen.
    Mike
    Waiting for tech support to come onto the line now. Went through the normal box checking with CS. Will update you all what happens.

After talking to VZ tech services:
    Confirmed (by VZ) network/system/whatever you want to call it issue with VVM and Blackberry users. Got a guy on who reco'ed all the standard stuff most CB users would have done (batt pull, reinstall). He said that its top priority for VZ's engineers at the moment and once the program is online again it should automatically begin working again (although I'd bet you have to actually login manually).

Not help, necessarily, but your phones aren't broken, its just a Verizon issue. Somewhat of a relief. I'll update here once my own is working again.
    Last edited by Midnight Q; 02-04-09 at 11:28 AM.
    02-04-09 11:16 AM
    Thanks man! Good to know I can stop messing around with this and vw will just take care of it.
    02-04-09 11:35 AM
    All,
    I just tried again, 3.17 pm EST, and it took about 2 mins of the "signing in" popup but I'm signed back in. VVM seems to be, at least for the moment, functioning normally again for me.

Hope its the same for the others who had this problem.
    02-04-09 02:18 PM
    My husband is having problems with his VVM. It shows that there are VM's but nothing happens when he clicks on the icon. Any advice?
    02-16-09 11:38 AM
    Thats interesting, I was finally going to install it on my phone last night, but ran into errors doing so and told me to call customer support. I figured I would just try again today, but have yet to do so.

EDIT: And after just installing it and trying to run it, I can't get past the login with my pin.
    Last edited by chillson1386; 02-16-09 at 12:03 PM.
    02-16-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD