Thank you, thank you! The lock button now turns off the touch screen and you have to hit one of the buttons to get the unlock in 85.

Minor bug, seems that if you hit a button like the green dial one that it will tell you that you have to hit the lock button. If you then it the back button it will dismiss the password prompt like you expect but it will leave the touch screen active
    12-28-08 10:01 AM
    does it not fade out at all?
    12-28-08 10:04 AM
    Thank you, thank you! The lock button now turns off the touch screen and you have to hit one of the buttons to get the unlock in 85.

Minor bug, seems that if you hit a button like the green dial one that it will tell you that you have to hit the lock button. If you then it the back button it will dismiss the password prompt like you expect but it will leave the touch screen active
    Hmm,, mine stays locked no matter what buttons I hit. Maybe a faulty OS load?
    I'm also thinking, seeing how some people have a certain problem while other don't, that it could be related to the different hardware revisions?
    12-28-08 10:21 AM
    I noticed this too. Clicking the screen no longer brings it back after it fades out and you are forced to click a physical button to get the screen back on while locked.

I prefer this because then I won't constantly have the screen on in my pocket because I hit the screen with my leg. I still have to get used to it though because I am still hitting the screen to try to find out what time it is.
    12-28-08 10:45 AM
    Interesting...
    On .83 my screen would stay off unless a hard button was pressed. On .85 the screen will light up if pressed like it did on .75.

***Edit***
    I just did a full wipe and reload to see if that would make a difference. It didn't make a difference with that, but the phone does seem a little more responsive overall.
    Last edited by k1768; 12-28-08 at 02:26 PM.
    12-28-08 01:04 PM
    What you're describing was first changed in .83.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:47 PM
    Every time I pull the phone out of my pocket and unlock it, the screen orientation is in landscape, and takes quite a while to return to portrait view (even with the phone completely vertical). Has anyone else experienced this?
    12-28-08 02:13 PM
    Every time I pull the phone out of my pocket and unlock it, the screen orientation is in landscape, and takes quite a while to return to portrait view (even with the phone completely vertical). Has anyone else experienced this?
    That was a big problem for me prior to .83, seems better since. What version are you running?
    12-28-08 02:27 PM
    That was a big problem for me prior to .83, seems better since. What version are you running?
    Upgraded from .75 to .85 yesterday and I haven't seen an improvement with this issue.
    12-28-08 03:05 PM
    If I use the lock button my phone gets very angry in .85 (locks up, battery pull required). Beside that it appears to be a much better OS!
    12-28-08 03:09 PM
    I wish the lock was a bit more like my 8830 where i had to hit the * then the green button to unlock. I have already unlocked my storm in my pocket once, and I am sure I will do it again.
    12-28-08 03:25 PM
    The screen isn't supposed to light up if pressed now...that was fixed in .83 as it would burn through battery life for those of us who don't holster the BB if accidentally hit in a pocket, etc.

On a side note, the lock is quicker...more responsive for me in this update.
    12-28-08 03:34 PM
    mine works but it takes a second to lock....I get the watch timer going but it then goes into lock mode.
    None of the keys will unlock it and if I hit them it says I need to use the lock button to unlock.
    Only issue is the delay with going to locked mode. Coming out of locked mode is quick and no delay.
    12-28-08 06:28 PM
    I just upgraded to .85 from .75 on Sunday, and I did read about some of the locking changes in .83 but my phone is doing some weird stuff. There's a weird lag to unlock the phone now, I have to wait at least 3-4 seconds to get back to the home screen now once the phone is locked. So if I graze the lock button (happens a lot, b/c I'm constantly locking/unlocking the phone) I'm stuck sitting there pounding on the key to unlock it again.

It sounds stupid but it's super annoying, anyone else experiencing anything like this?
    12-29-08 12:16 PM
    does it not fade out at all?
    So went back and did some more testing about this. If you lock it with the lock button and let the screen fade then it takes the lock button to bring up a password prompt, any of the other keys will bring up the screen with a notice that you have to push the lock key. It will then fade and remain locked. So here are some behaviors that do not leave it locked. If you hit the lock button but then hit the return key, say you got interrupted the screen is now active to touch even if you let it fade. An app like alerta seems to kick the screen active to touch. If you plug it in to charge and the screen is locked then the clock makes the screen active to touch as well.
    12-29-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD