Anyone using "Aerize". Like or Dislikes ??

Thinking about installing this program. Is it worth it?

Thanks.
    12-28-08 08:24 AM
    I like it.
    12-28-08 08:39 AM
    I installed it for free and find it kind of unnecessary. Its nice that it brings up the notification, but sometimes it slows down my blackberry if I'm in another application and I feel that it really doesn't make anything faster. When my phone buzzes I automatically look at my phone and check all my messages anyway, so for me it really doesn't make any difference.
    12-28-08 08:48 AM
    I first heard of Aerize Alerts before the free offer and wondered "what would I need THAT for?" The ONLY reason I decided to try it was because it was free. Three days later, I'm still wondering.

Most of my messages arrive while my BB is in its holster, and most times I immediately remove it to see what just came in. In these cases, the message is automatically displayed. With Aerize Alerts installed, I now have to clear the alert message before I can read the entire message, so it's actually making me press MORE keys to do what was EASIER TO DO BEFORE.

Right now I have a few days off, so my message flow and frequency of BB use isn't typical for me. If I'm still not convinced after being back to work for a few days I'll probably remove it.
    12-28-08 09:07 AM
    I like the program except for the fact if you try to open the message from your pop-up menu, it only opens the mailbox not the actual thing. It also slows my phone down A LOT. (This being because it runs in the background ALL THE TIME and with AutoStandby, i now have to allow third-party interaction which allows everything to run.)

Overall, I like it but it is makes things usually harder, but I am interested in keeping it because it will be handy to see what text or e-mail I received in a game on whatever that I might have to otherwise quit to see what i received.

So I will see if I like it. But it was free, so I can't really complain too much. But above are my blunt observation.
    12-28-08 09:19 AM
    Kind of on the fence still... I agree thats its seems to slow the phone down. I got it free as well but I am actually thinking of uninstalling it as of now. just my 2cents
    edit....uninstalled..slowed the phone down way too much.
    Last edited by gmpblack; 12-28-08 at 06:41 PM.
    12-28-08 09:32 AM
    well, as far as free goes, unless they pay me to use it, thats wonderful. the app itself, eh. i mean the notifications are cool and all, sometimes, but i noticed something that disconcerns me. not only does it slow down your phone, when you get a message and one of these alerts pop up, it doesnt go away untill you check it. now i know we all are addicted to our berrys and check them all the time but heaven forbid your in the shower or takeing care of business with your gf, your scree will stay on and drain your battery. whats so great about that, oh yea, it was free.....
    12-28-08 09:35 AM
    I agree nice app but the other morning when I got up Aerize had locked up my bb and I almost had to reboot it. Kind or reminded me of Windows and I don't need that on my phone.

Also I don't have allot of of caller id pictures for contacts so I dont really see the benefit in my case with the device slow-down and uninstalled it.
    12-28-08 10:50 AM
    I don't like that Aerize takes my phone out of Standby mode. I wish that after the countdown it would reenter standby.

I also would like the ability to mark SMS as read without selecting "open" and opening the message. You can do this with email, but not SMS? Weird.
    12-28-08 03:26 PM
    I disabled mine yesterday and now it's not popping up.I don't know why?? I've been messsing with it but I can't get it to work anymore.
    I don't like that when you click Open it doesn't open the message but the inbox. It bugs me.

Other than that I like it. Most of the time. It gets "in the way" at times but it's really handy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 05:13 PM
    I uninstalled mine. Didn't like the performance hit or the extra screen for something I already naturally check.
    12-28-08 05:25 PM
    At first, I was amazed with the program, but now that I think about it. It is somewhat useless.
    12-28-08 06:10 PM
    I just want to add, that I found it to slow down my blackberry as well
    12-28-08 06:30 PM
    your scree will stay on and drain your battery.
    Even if the popup is present your screen timeout still works according to
    your defined settings, so the effect on your battery is negligible.
    12-28-08 06:40 PM
    I got it and didn't like it...nothing wrong with it...just not necessary.
    12-28-08 06:41 PM
    I don't like they charged me $10 for the FREE Alerts on 12/24. Sent emails, we'll see if they correct it.
    12-28-08 06:42 PM
    Even if the popup is present your screen timeout still works according to
    your defined settings, so the effect on your battery is negligible.
    You're right. The screen timeout works fine. That would have been the end of the app right there if the screen stayed lit up all the time!

Anyhow I "think" I like it better than the standard interface. Not sure yet either, but I'll give it some more time. I do like being able to whip the phone out of the holster and see the screen without the touch of a button. Or if out of the holster just tapping a button for that matter.
    12-28-08 06:49 PM
    I don't like they charged me $10 for the FREE Alerts on 12/24. Sent emails, we'll see if they correct it.
    How did it charge you if you put in the discount code? After the code, it should have shown a balnace of $0.00

And BTW, I do not like it. I disabled it for now.

12-28-08 06:51 PM
    Let me add what everybody else here said but I was having problems with typing p and m and space. So I deleted it and I'm still having problems as I have to sometimes hit those keys twice. My BlackBerry worked perfectly and now it doesn't. I can't tell you how issed I am.

12-28-08 06:53 PM
    How did it charge you if you put in the discount code? After the code, it should have shown a balnace of $0.00

And BTW, I do not like it. I disabled it for now.

Yeah, used the promo code and have the $0.00 invoice. But my card was charged $10 bucks.
    12-28-08 07:20 PM
    Let me add what everybody else here said but I was having problems with typing p and m and space. So I deleted it and I'm still having problems as I have to sometimes hit those keys twice. My BlackBerry worked perfectly and now it doesn't. I can't tell you how issed I am.

That sucks, but is pretty damn funny.
    12-28-08 07:29 PM
    A lot of negative feedback here for this program. I got it when I was on a trial period with a Bold a few weeks ago.

I liked it because did what a feature on my sidekick did - gave me a heads up who I got an email from when I was doing something in another app. I enjoyed knowing right away if I wanted to divert my attention from the task at hand to the email, because I hated jumping over the to the email app just to discover that it was some stupid spam or something else that was distracting me from something good like surfing CB.com!

Now that I just got another Blackberry, I just sent Aerize an email asking for another unlock code so I can re-download the program on my new BB.

12-28-08 07:40 PM
    Yeah, used the promo code and have the $0.00 invoice. But my card was charged $10 bucks.
    Why did you have to give a card number? I dont recall having to do that.
    12-28-08 07:55 PM
    Hello, just loaded this app about 3 days ago. It's ok, but only ok. I'm not too impressed with it and I do think it slows my bb down and it seems I also have to charge my phone more often. Oh well...
    12-28-08 08:03 PM
    I got the program free. In my opinion, its only beneficial if I'm using the bb in another program, outside of that there's no benefit. But hey, it was free. I'm thinking of uninstalling it.

12-28-08 08:42 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD