Is there software that will let you listen to a .wav attachment on a Pearl?
    02-28-07 08:46 AM
    Shouldn't need software. I downloaded wav files to my storage card, and they played perfectly through the media player built into the Pearl.
    03-01-07 05:26 AM
    How do you save it? I am talking about an email attachment that is a .wav fuile. Is that what you mean?
    Thanks
    Cynycl likes this.
    03-01-07 07:46 AM
    How do you save it? I am talking about an email attachment that is a .wav fuile. Is that what you mean?
    Thanks
    No, mine was not done via email. It was a free download from one of the WAP sites. When I opted to save it, the Pearl automatically put it in a ringtones folder on my micro SD card. Then, when you open the media player, one of the options is to select the storage card.
    03-01-07 11:35 AM
    That won't work for me. I need to play a .wav file that I receive as an email attachment. Anyone know how I can do this.
    Thanks
    03-01-07 01:59 PM
    That won't work for me. I need to play a .wav file that I receive as an email attachment. Anyone know how I can do this.
    Thanks
    Email me one I will work on it:
    [email protected]

Thanks

Bacon
    03-02-07 11:43 PM
    You won't be able to download it OTA or from your phone. You will have to import it to your phone via a USB cable as if it were a movie or a mp3. That voice mail played fine on my pearl though, so you won't have to do any encoding.

There is no way I am aware of that you will be able to get audio or video files from your email. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows?

B
    03-07-07 09:40 PM
    New here. But i had the same questions.

what about "Audiopop" from virtualviews.com ?

I've been playing with it but the demo/trial is to quick for me to suss it out.

it seems fine for many attachments i send but not when i receive wavs from emails i receive from privatephone (netzero).
    Last edited by ericalba; 03-08-07 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-08-07 02:44 PM
    I've been all over the web looking for the same answer, and there doesn't seem to be a solution. Apparently RIM decided people only want wavs for ringtones, so you can only play them through your browser. Unfortunately many of us receive voice mails from corporate vmail systems or personal VoIP systems that contain the message as a wav. On the BlackBerry (email inbox) you can see the attachment is there - and can even see the file size, but you just can't do anything with it. Nice touch, eh? If anyone comes across a solution, please please please post it here. I have quite a few users who would be very happy.

~Rod
    Last edited by sherlockphones; 03-28-07 at 01:08 PM.
    03-26-07 08:01 PM
    I just came across a piece of software called AudioPOP that sounds like it might do the trick. Unfortunately I can't post a link to it, but it's even listed here in the CrackBerry store for $14.99 (everyone seems to have the same price). I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it will truly fit your need, but it sounds like that's what it is designed to do.

My department is now trying to decide if we can make this work for our users or not. There's no way we are going to set up gmail accounts for all of our users, but for an individual this might not be a bad solution.

If you use it, please let me know how well it works.

Erica - You said it didn't work for wavs in emails? The write up made it sound like it would...
    Last edited by sherlockphones; 03-29-07 at 01:51 PM.
    03-28-07 05:14 PM
    I just spoke to BB support and was told that BES 4.1.2.x would resolve the issue with the wave files. I am in the process of installing now.
    04-03-07 12:53 PM
    I am in the process of installing now.
    Once you have it in (and have a few minutes to spare) please let us know if it supports wav email attachments like they claimed. I've heard from some that it does and from others that it doesn't. Thanks.
    04-03-07 02:00 PM
    Greetings,

My Blackberry 8700f has been "updated" by France Telecom this week and they have done a big mistake and still working on how to resolve it.

I understand that uploading the right firmware will get it back on its feet :-)

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jimmy
    Last edited by gourou76; 04-07-07 at 06:34 AM.
    04-07-07 06:30 AM
    We have wave files sent to our emails and the only one that will play them is the 8100 pearl. the 7290 and the 8700 will not play them.
    04-19-07 04:42 PM
    BB Newbie here with a Mac who also needs to listen to .wav files... recently gave up my Treo and have been (surprisingly I admit!) happy with my Pearl except for not being able to hear voicemails sent to me as email attachements. Audiopop looks like it will work but can I get it OTA since I can't use the BB desktop manager for downloads? I have an email out to the developers but perhaps someone out there knows already. Or maybe someone knows how I can download to my Pearl through my Mac - I'd be willing to try anything in development. It's a real drag to not be able to add software through my computer.

Peace,

DeeAnn
    04-30-07 04:24 PM
    installed OTA and it works great - only problem is that my .wav voice mails are sent as forwards and my BB doesn't download attachments from forwards - any work around?
    05-02-07 03:21 PM
    how I upload firmware BB 8700f Orange?
    06-25-08 01:42 PM
    Install OS 4.2.1.109. I have zero problem playing a wav file that is sent as an email attachment. While in the email click the menu key or trackball and select Open Attachment. It will download the attachment and when complete open the media player and play the file.
    06-25-08 02:22 PM
    Install OS 4.2.1.109. I have zero problem playing a wav file that is sent as an email attachment. While in the email click the menu key or trackball and select Open Attachment. It will download the attachment and when complete open the media player and play the file.
    This was precisely my experience. Then I upgraded my handheld to the 4.5.0.110 release, and I lost the capability. Now when I try to open a .wav attachment, I get the message "The attachment type can not be viewed on your device". A call to tSupport reveals that the .wav file extesion is not supported, and according to the tech support rep never was. Nice. I suppose I could revert back , but I have kind of gotten used to having a passable browser. I have a document on my screen right now with all of the officially supported media file types, and .wav is not among them.

Somewhat annoying.
    05-07-09 02:35 PM
    This was precisely my experience. Then I upgraded my handheld to the 4.5.0.110 release, and I lost the capability. Now when I try to open a .wav attachment, I get the message "The attachment type can not be viewed on your device". A call to tSupport reveals that the .wav file extesion is not supported, and according to the tech support rep never was. Nice. I suppose I could revert back , but I have kind of gotten used to having a passable browser. I have a document on my screen right now with all of the officially supported media file types, and .wav is not among them.

Somewhat annoying.
    Just to confirm my suspicions, I downgraded to 4.2.2.170, and of course, now .wav files work just fine. On a further (and again, somewhat annoying) note, my Boss has a Storm which runs a version 4.7 (don't know the minor rev), and .wav works fine (if a bit on the quiet side) on his as well. So I guess if you work for a company that sends VM to Email in wav format, don't use 4.5. Perhaps the folks at RIM heard the ******** and put the capability back in in the newest OS, that OS just hasn't been released for the 8300 series yet. Or maybe it won't be released due to hardware limitations on the device, who knows.

Yuck.
    05-12-09 04:28 PM
    Can't play wav on my new Bold 9700 either. It has the 5.0 OS. Any know of a third party media player that will play wav on a BB?
    01-12-10 10:25 AM
    Can't play wav on my new Bold 9700 either. It has the 5.0 OS. Any know of a third party media player that will play wav on a BB?
    By any chance, do you have �bertwitter installed?

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 11:24 AM
    No, I don't have �bertwitter nor any other Twitter client installed.
    01-12-10 11:35 PM
    You've got some 3rd party app that must be causing the issue. I'm on an 8900 with 5.0.0.411, essentially the same OS, and just verified .wav files play. Jamming to EW&F's Reasons right now. Dang I love that song!
    01-13-10 05:15 AM
    I had a friend check, on his 9700 w/5.0.0.423, and he had no problems playing .wav files. Even emailed himself a couple just to confirm. My suspicion is still a 3rd party app, but IDK if you removed any of your OS before install either.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 07:35 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD