I like simplicity so I have been working on this OEM style theme for the Bold with 8 icons and a single "today" style application icon (Calendar).

The icons are sized down from 80x80 to 60x60 and third party applications are supported (currently I have google apps, weathereye, att navigator all working perfectly fine and sized accordingly.

Let me know what you guys think. The icons all highlight with the OEM style focus icon. I am currently tweaking up the file to make sure we are using the least amount of memory possible. I will let you guys know when its ready!

Eight Icon Theme
    Link - Eight Icon

Eight Icon - No Today
    Link - No Today

Eight Icon - Two Today
    Link - Two Today

Eight Icon - Short Banner
    Link - Short Banner

Eight Icon - Short Banner - No Today
    Link - Short Banner No Today

Eight Icon - KareBare Custom (No Carrier, Larger Date/Time)
    Link - KareBare Custom v1.01

Eight Icon - Lamonicaj Custom (Two Today w/ 5 Icons, Transparent Application Background, No Carrier)
    Link - Lamonicaj Custom
    Eight Icon - Lamonicaj Custom Short (Short Banner, Two Today w/ 5 Entries (white), Transparent Application Background, No Carrier)
    Link - Lamonicaj Custom Short Banner

Eight Icon - brighenne Custom (Two Today w/ 5 Icons (black), Transparent Application Background, No Carrier, Short Banner)
    Link - Brighenne Custom

Eight Icon - kmoney25 Custom (Today Left Hand)
    Link - Kmoney25 Custom

Eight Icon - kodath Custom (Today Left Hand, no carrier)
    Link - Kodath Custom

Eight Icon - bga123 Custom (Two Today, Clear Icons, No Carrier, Short Banner)
    Link - bga123 Custom
    Image Can Be Found On Page 5

Eight Icon - lemon204 Custom (Semi-Short Banner, No Carrier, 3 Entry Today)
    Link - lemon204 Custom

Eight Icon - james2475 Custom (Transparent Today Gradient)
    Link - james2475 Custom

Eight Icon - Minimalist (Minimalist Banner)
    Link - Minimalist
    Last edited by paimon.soror; 12-29-08 at 10:28 PM.
    12-27-08 06:59 PM
    Eagerly Waiting!!!!
    12-28-08 01:47 AM
    looks awesome dude. will definitely be downloading this!!
    12-28-08 07:22 AM
    This is exactly the theme I want minus the Today part. Okay, so then not exactly! Am really wanting a plain eight-icon theme, nothing else added. Could this one work? Are there other options elsewhere?

I know NOTHING about themes but think it is so cool that people make them.

Thank you for doing this, paimon. So good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 09:02 AM
    Getting close to a release guys. I have a couple different variations. And KareBare i will make one for you without the today section.
    12-28-08 10:35 AM
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing it. Do you think a version without the today style is possible? Just one with the bottom row of icons? Thanks!
    12-28-08 10:36 AM
    Looks like you two posted at the same time....

Can the theme have no carrier? I'm not really sure what's possible.

But anything you do would be so cool, paimon.
    12-28-08 11:01 AM
    Sure, no carrier is possible as well.
    12-28-08 11:50 AM
    First post updated. The backgrounds are default, I just changed them so you could see the font from the today stuff. Also if needed, I can make a no carrier with the oem banner. Just let me know!

Also, I am trying to find a good font for the time on short banner ones, so the one you see may not be the final font for the time.
    12-28-08 12:02 PM
    Does "short banner" mean the width of the strip at the top is narrower to match the new, more narrow space of the smaller icons at the bottom?

Sorry - I know I don't have the lingo yet.

Also - on the eight icon/short banner/no today, is the font of the date and time larger? I can't tell because the screen shots are bigger. I like the idea of a really readable date and time. I guess the battery indicator could go back to top left if the banner ended up being wider again?

And I actually like the date/time font but am not crazy about the icon font - too skinny for me.

Just some thoughts..... I love what you are doing paimon and will try anything you come up with! And it will be my first theme....
    12-28-08 03:25 PM
    Oh - I just noticed the small g in 3g. I have a big G and also the BB symbol/dots.
    12-28-08 03:27 PM
    KareBare;

The small g in 3g is just from the simulator. When you load the theme to your phone it will show the 3G with the BB symbol so thats no problem.

As far as the "short banner" thats just designed for people who want the height of the banner at the top shorter. On the short banner themes the Time is the only font that has been resized. I made it a bit smaller but am in the process of finding one that "fits" better as far as readability goes.

Lastly, I will find a better font for the application names.

Feel free to provide any more ideas! Keep em comin!
    12-28-08 04:26 PM
    Well, I want you to enjoy the process, paimon, and not be too concerned about my interests!

What I was thinking about the 3G and the BB logo is that they would take up more room and push the information closer to the time, maybe crowding it a bit, if the battery symbol is on the right.

Here is my ideal:
    - no carrier
    - larger date and time than is standard on the berry
    - probably the same info top left and top right as is standard - but maybe not - whatever looks balanced and uncrowded
    - top banner can be any size - whatever fits a larger time and date - standard (larger) size is fine
    - a clean, readable font for all text
    - eight icons, of course

That's a pretty boring list, I'll admit! But for now, it seems just right to me.

Paimon - will 3rd party apps also have resized icons? Like CB launcher, Garmin, etc?
    12-28-08 05:31 PM
    Awesome! Can't wait for the download links. The short banner no today looks pretty darn good. Thanks again!
    12-28-08 05:47 PM
    First post updated with karebare's custom that I am working on.

KareBare let me know what else you need for it to suit your needs

Sparkomatic, would you like any customizations to the short banner?
    12-28-08 06:02 PM
    Wow - that's looks great, paimon! I really appreciate your time and generosity.
    12-28-08 06:13 PM
    No problem at all, anything else you would like added?
    12-28-08 06:14 PM
    I honestly don't know. Sort of lack imagination for this kind of thing. I enjoy looking at themes but find most of them too crowded for my taste.

I can see that the font size is smaller than standard for the icons. This could be totally fine and be perfect for the smaller icons but can't really tell until I see it on my screen.

I really like to keep it simple. For example, I only use abstract images for my wallpaper. The one I am currently using is called Emotion in the Colours and Patterns CB wallpapers - simple and soothing. I would post a picture of it here if I knew how!

If you have anything else in mind, let me know!
    12-28-08 06:23 PM
    Links are up.

Please download, unzip and use Desktop Manager to add.

I apologize for not having an OTA link.
    12-28-08 07:26 PM
    I will do this as soon as I can. Have to go off and read about installing themes - have no idea how.

Will let you know once I have it up and running.

Thanks again!
    12-28-08 07:48 PM
    All loaded up and it's great!

Now will use it a bit to get used to it.

Thanks so much. A really nice thing to do.
    12-28-08 08:35 PM
    No problem at all, if you have any problems please dont hesitate to let me know and i will fix them up for you!
    12-28-08 08:43 PM
    Hey paimon - just noticed that there is a white dot along the top of the screen about half way between the battery indicator and the time. Way high up on the black part. Thought I had blown a pixel but the dot doesn't show when I use a RIM theme. Maybe you entered a little white space somewhere? I have no idea how these things are made.
    12-28-08 08:50 PM
    Hey paimon - just noticed that there is a white dot along the top of the screen about half way between the battery indicator and the time. Way high up on the black part. Thought I had blown a pixel but the dot doesn't show when I use a RIM theme. Maybe you entered a little white space somewhere? I have no idea how these things are made.
    Yep I see it, ill fix it right now. Sorry about that!
    12-28-08 09:38 PM

Eight Icon - Two Today
    Link - Two Today
    Paimon.Soror,

I am in love with the 'Two Today' theme!!! I just logged in about 10 minutes ago & knew I had to download this one!!!

I only have 2 questions (modifications) if possible.
    1. Are you able to allow 5 entries for the calendar & messages?
    2. Can you make the wallpaper able to be changed on the Applications Screen as well?

Awesome theme!!! Plus it doesn't eat up a lot of space....major +
    Oh, & I love the smaller sized font you are using, perfecto!!!! Nice & Clean
    12-28-08 10:17 PM
153 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD