Just got the storm 9530 for christmas. I absolutely love it except for one thing....it keeps rebooting! I took it to the verizon store and they said they loaded the latest updates which should fix the problem. No such luck...I didn't even make it out of the store before it happened again. Told me to take it to a larger store with techs. Anyone els having this issue? I DO NOT want to give my phone up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 02:16 PM
    Have you loaded the latest OS? What are you doing when it reboots?
    12-27-08 02:59 PM
    i get that all the time im taking mine back in to get it replaced
    12-27-08 03:04 PM
    get it replaced. If you just got it, go back and demand a new one right there. If they refuse, simply hand them the phone, get your money back, then buy a new one.
    12-27-08 06:16 PM
    If you just got it then you probably don't have much on it. Do a backup of what you do have then wipe it with JL_Cmdr then just reinstall the OS. If that doesn't make the problem go away then swap it for a new one.
    12-27-08 06:23 PM
    I bought the Storm the day it came out and had the same problem after a week of use. The people had Verizon had no idea what was going on and I spoke to the technical support people. Basically it was a defect with the phone and they overnight shipped a new phone to me with the newest OS. I have had it for 2 weeks now and to be honest the phone is working fine. I wouldn't take it back to the Verizon though b/c they won't do anything for you other then tell you to call tech support.
    12-27-08 06:48 PM
    Update....took the phone back to my local verizon store (of course, no one had heard of the phones rebooting) and they replaced it instantly, no questions asked. While they were switching my contacts over the old phone did a reboot, which helped my cause. So far so good. No reboots and the phone seems to be working perfectly except for one thing which is probably operator error. I have the alert for my email messages switched to silent but it continues to sound. Not sure what else to try....any ideas?
    12-30-08 06:19 PM
    Both of mine were getting this problem on .75.

I am now on .85 and will let everyone know if it continues.
    12-30-08 06:42 PM
    I have had two phones with .75 and they experience random reboots. It does however seem to do it in weak signal areas where it has to scan for server a lot. when I am in areas where the signal is good, I don't notice the reboots happening.

Mark
    Ball Ground, GA
    12-30-08 07:57 PM
    I think it's a glitch with the way the software loads. I had reboots on .75, but after 3 days with .85 I haven't had any, FWIW.
    12-30-08 08:14 PM
    ...except for one thing which is probably operator error. I have the alert for my email messages switched to silent but it continues to sound. Not sure what else to try....any ideas?
    Go to Messages, Message Alerts. This is where I configure my alerts. Just make sure the volume is set to silent.
    12-30-08 08:26 PM
    I was running the .75 version and it rebooted about 10 times a day. After 3 weeks finally got them to exchange it. Getting it tomorrow with my fingers crossed.
    12-30-08 08:33 PM
    Update....took the phone back to my local verizon store (of course, no one had heard of the phones rebooting)
    That's a little disturbing. Glad you got it fixed though.
    12-30-08 08:36 PM
    I've had the 9530 for two weeks and today it did this. First time it ever did that. It was just laying on my desk with stopwatch feature of clock in use.
    it came back finally about 3-4 minutes later. weird.
    12-30-08 08:48 PM
    Go to Messages, Message Alerts. This is where I configure my alerts. Just make sure the volume is set to silent.
    yep...tried that. I have it set to silent but it continues to sound. Not sure what else to try and the verizon techs said that it should be working properly...go figure.
    01-01-09 01:12 PM
    I have this problem with my Bold 9650. It did make me think when someone mentioned the low signal issue. I live in a rural area with a pretty low signal. So i wonder if this has something to do with it. I have OS 6.0.0.415 right now.
    04-13-11 08:49 PM
    I installed QuickPull and its set to reboot every night at 4AM. Since doing this, my Storm1 hasn't done a random restart. It had been doing that every couple days until QuickPull.
    04-14-11 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD