Anyone know how to set this up so that I do not have to enter a password? Thanks.
    12-27-08 11:47 AM
    Main Screen> Green Dial Button> (dial pad appears)> BB button> options> Voicemail> enter your password
    12-27-08 11:51 AM
    I may be missing something. I entered no password and saved however voice mail is still asking for a password.
    12-27-08 12:17 PM
    The instructions DPDCrackBerry gave you are for programming the password so that the phone dials it for you. Enter the password there, and you won't have to dial it.

To remove the password, you have to use the phone voicemail options. I don't remember the instructions, but if you call your voice mail it will walk you through it.
    12-27-08 12:25 PM
    After choosing Voicemail you should see your phone number on top then a blank next to the word "password" enter your password and save.

The next time you dial it will automatically dial your password for you.
    12-27-08 12:26 PM
    Make sure you also put the # sign

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 12:44 PM
    Make sure you also put the # sign

x2

You dont need to, but it makes it a little quicker!
    12-27-08 12:47 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    12-29-08 08:11 AM
    All,

I have a new Blackberry Tour and finally figured out how to go to voicemail by holding down the #1 key AND NOT ask me to input both my phone# and my password:

go to Call>Menu>Phone Options>Voice Mail

Access Number: your 10 digit phone number
    Password:'#'10 digit phone numberpausepause'password'

You will find nothing helpful on Verizon and Blackberry refers back to Verizon.

Ok, now I need help doing this: I can't seem to make a professional sounding standard greeting anymore that uses a preprogrammed voice to say my name and my company. I swear I had recorded my name and then the preprogrammed voice repeated it nicely in a standard greeting saying "Zeb cannot come to the phone."

Also, should I download free youmail or whatever (not $2.99 Verizon product), what else are recommended tools, best practices?

Thanks,

Zeb
    05-05-10 03:46 PM
    You don't need to repeat your 10 digit number in the password field, unless that's a new bug in the OS. Just put the 10-digit number in the number field and the password in the password field with no pauses.

I tried youmail and didn't care for it, but it's free to try.

05-05-10 09:14 PM
    I love YouMail.
    05-06-10 05:36 PM
    Newbie here wanting to point out something I just discovered after spending a few hours banging my head against the wall with my new Verizon Blackberry 8530. Did the Call>Menu>Phone Options>Voice Mail thing and setup my access number and password. Then after calling *86 several times and getting nowhere I visited the Verizon forums and learned something interesting.

With the Curve (8530) and also the Storm, using *86 to access voicemail always prompted for a password. HOWEVER, pressing & holding 1 (on the Storm) or 1/W on the Curve 8530 will dial voicemail and enter the password you previously setup. Seems as though Verizon sets up 1 or 1/W as a voicemail speed dial.

Go figure...

Hope this save another Verizon user hours of frustration. I'm curious if this is the case for other Verizon Blackberry units??
    Last edited by ksbacon; 05-10-10 at 05:23 PM.
    05-10-10 05:21 PM
    Yes. 1w is the default voicemail speeddial setting on all Verizon BlackBerry devices.

05-10-10 05:26 PM
    That's because when you dial *86, the phone doesn't know you're dialing into your voice mail. It thinks you're just calling that number. If you want your Storm to enter the access code for your voice mail, you need to push and hold 1 to tell the phone that you're calling your voice mail which would tell the phone to enter the access code.

I think the speed dial "1" is defaulted to your voice mail access number on many carriers but I could be wrong. I've been with Verizon so long that things may have changed. Cingular (before they were AT&T) was the same way as well as Spring but that was years ago.
    05-10-10 05:30 PM
    It keeps telling me my password is wrong. How do I reset it?
    07-14-10 08:46 AM
    Is it possible to set up another telephone number to access voice mail, for example your home telephone number's voice mail, including a pin?
    07-20-10 11:41 AM
    Main Screen> Green Dial Button> (dial pad appears)> BB button> options> Voicemail> enter your password
    OMG!!!!! Thanks!! new to Verizon and this is a great hint
    08-20-10 01:42 PM
    dialing 1/w on my 8520 avoided the password but that doesn't work on my 8530. Having said that, anyone know how to set up the 8530 to use the 1/w button to dial voicemail without having to enter the password? I have spent hours on the net trying to find the answer! Arrrgh!
    10-22-10 11:44 AM
    I don't know why it wouldn't work on an 8530. Do you have password entered in the Voice Mail options? Green Phone Button / Options / Voice Mail.
    10-22-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD