OK, so I'm running the latest and greatest .83 software but I still have the same issue every time I get a phone call. When I click the touch screen answer option it doesn't do anything, so in order to answer calls I have to hit the green phone button!! AAHHH!!

Is it just me??
    12-26-08 06:49 PM
    nah that happens on mine too...(running .83) what I have noticed though is sometimes if I just hold the phone up right it will answer easily using the touch screen...for now i just used the hard button until there is a fix.
    12-26-08 06:52 PM
    I feel like this should be on the top of the list of fixes. Don't you think??
    12-26-08 06:54 PM
    One would think, afterall it is a fricken PHONE!!!
    12-26-08 06:57 PM
    The touchscreen answer button works just fine with my storm on OS .75.
    12-26-08 07:00 PM
    IMHO, I couldn't care less about it. It would be totally fine by me if they got rid of the touchscreen answer button on future updates, I mean, It's dumb considering the hard button is literally right next to it.
    12-26-08 07:06 PM
    It works for me but it's very laggy. I stick with the green hardware key.
    12-26-08 07:08 PM
    I've had problems answering with the screen in all the OS's, including 83. I assume it will be fixed.
    12-26-08 07:08 PM
    I had a problem with it in the original fw so I've just used the hardkey ever since.
    12-26-08 07:12 PM
    One would think, afterall it is a fricken PHONE!!!
    Right on brother!
    12-26-08 07:21 PM
    I always click the physical button out of habit I guess
    12-26-08 07:23 PM
    my touch screen answer key is very laggy, too. i will press "answer" and hold it to my ear but the phone didn't register the touch. by that time, the phone is trying to flip from landscape to portrait and still not registering when i press "answer."

because of this, i now use the physical key to answer, but i really do hope this gets fixed! (i'm running .75)
    12-26-08 07:28 PM
    I'm running 75 and have the same problem. It eventually answers, but sometimes the person hangs up first. I now only use the physical button. I have another similar issue with the call log button. Sometimes when I push it, it doesn't do anything (or else takes so long that I just go to contacts).

BTW, I haven't really had many issues with my phone besides this, the "p" button being harder to push down. And voice dialing needing a battery pull every few days.
    12-26-08 07:38 PM
    It seems that anything regarding the phone application is very laggy, I notice tremendous lag when pressing the touch screen answer button, a few times its resulted in me missing a call. Also the number keys when dialing a phone number seem laggy.
    12-26-08 08:36 PM
    What's the point of using the touch one just use the normal button. It is just underneath...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 09:02 PM
    The touchscreen answer button works just fine with my storm on OS .75.
    .75 here, and still have the screen answer button defect. It is also a huge cause of aggravation because I have to hold the phone with one hand, and answer it with the other because the green send button is mounted so low, that the handset will fall out of your hand if you try and answer it with one hand. This makes it impossible to answer the phone while driving. This issue is probably the most annoying aspect of the storm's inefficiency, and i suspect that it is caused by the memory leaks in RIM's software. The odd thing is that I set the memory cleaner as my right convenience button, and perform a memory clean numerous times througout the day. My memory on average sits at around 40.8, but the device is still very laggy.
    12-26-08 09:30 PM
    The touchscreen button works on mine. Now only if they could make the mute button so that my cheeks don't accidentally presses it.
    12-26-08 09:47 PM
    FWIW ... I also have the lag (.75) when pushing or clicking. But if the Storm is in the holster with the auto answer on it answers IMMEDIATELY when I remove it from the holster ... the caller is there as soon as I get the phone to my ear !!!

Anyone else noticed this ???
    12-26-08 10:06 PM
    The problem is not the button itself so much as the "revert to landscape when sitting on a table or something" thing. Because generally for me at least I will have my phone sitting on something and when it rings i have to pick it up, wait for it to switch to portrait then answer.
    12-26-08 11:04 PM
    The problem is not the button itself so much as the "revert to landscape when sitting on a table or something" thing. Because generally for me at least I will have my phone sitting on something and when it rings i have to pick it up, wait for it to switch to portrait then answer.
    This is the only way i can get mine to answer with the touch screen button also. I have just gotten into the pratice of using the hard key, and NEVER trying to hit the touch screen button unless holding straight. First few days it was freekey but now after a month it is old habit.
    12-26-08 11:58 PM
    My screen answer button has never worked well. I wish it would.
    I use the green button, but would rather not have to. I got my storm so I could use the awesome screen, not to use the hard buttons. lol
    12-27-08 12:55 AM
    I will have to try the GREEN button. 0n .75 When I press the ANSWER screen button it hangs up on me. I get tired of calling people back!
    12-27-08 03:52 AM
    I will have to try the GREEN button. 0n .75 When I press the ANSWER screen button it hangs up on me. I get tired of calling people back!
    I feel your pain!!
    12-27-08 12:54 PM
    FYI, I did a soft reset (battery pull) and it cured it. It also seemed to have solved the rotate lag issue as well.
    01-11-09 07:39 PM
    Why am I thinking .85 is the latest?
    01-11-09 08:04 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD