I bought a phone from eBay and I asked the seller for password and he says that he doesnt know it because he is a reseller.

So now i am stuck with this phone, Can anyone help me just hard reset it.
    I dont care about information thats in there. I just need to start using this and i have never used it so i can careless about saved info.
    12-24-07 09:09 PM
    Just enter any password until the device resets itself. It has a factory default of 10 wrong passwords and then it will reformat itself to factory specs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-07 10:22 PM
    You are a life Saver.. Thanks Alot!
    12-24-07 10:55 PM
    I have a General Question. Lets say someone did wanted to keep their info but had forgotten the password. What can you do in such scenario?
    12-24-07 10:59 PM
    hi, i also have the same problem, i bnoticed on the screen that i had 10 attempts at the password, so if i just get it wrong 10 times then it resets it and i can then use the phone again?
    many thanks..Charlie..C..
    07-19-08 07:20 AM
    I have a General Question. Lets say someone did wanted to keep their info but had forgotten the password. What can you do in such scenario?

The same answer applies. Since no one has the ability to get the password, you'll end up wiping it and restoring.
    07-19-08 07:41 AM
    I bought a phone from eBay and I asked the seller for password and he says that he doesnt know it because he is a reseller.

So now i am stuck with this phone, Can anyone help me just hard reset it.
    I dont care about information thats in there. I just need to start using this and i have never used it so i can careless about saved info.
    Just so that you'll have a fresh start

From the Application Screen-

1. select Options
    2. select Security Options
    3. select General Settings
    4. select Menu (the button to the left of the trackball)
    5. select Wipe HandHeld
    07-19-08 07:47 AM
    Hi
    I think this may go for metalocker!
    i got a problem with my phone, something like that, but it was when my BB was conected with the compurer and it only appears a white screan and it says:
    JVM ERROR 513
    RESET
    but when i click on the reset option it only turns off, or something like that!
    can you please help me reseting my phone??
    05-24-09 07:51 AM
    i have 8800 i unlocked already but i dont know how to unlock the simcard it was diabled...HOw can i type MEP2 if u are pressing holding shift key ....
    12-25-09 11:32 AM
    Hi
    I think this may go for metalocker!
    i got a problem with my phone, something like that, but it was when my BB was conected with the compurer and it only appears a white screan and it says:
    JVM ERROR 513
    RESET
    but when i click on the reset option it only turns off, or something like that!
    can you please help me reseting my phone??
    use the desktop manager to reload an OS into your phone.
    12-25-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD